forum

How long did it take you to pass Insane songs?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Knarf
I only know I can turn off mouse acceleration now... That's why I thought tablet was much easier.
IBlindAngel
Around 5 months or so. Still can't pass some of them but I keep practicing everyday x3
Nutella
Just did my first Insane today, which is my second day playing osu!. I might try different insane songs from the ones I've been doing to see I can pass more. I get close to the end of them, but not able to finish them yet :P. Improving every day with 309 play counts (Most of them are just doing the same maps over and over :P)
Kanye West
-GN probably could pass them on his first play of the game.
TRIYP
I started playing osu back in 2010 on a pretty crappy setup and couldn't really play the game at all. Long story short I ended up getting frustrated after about 13k plays and quit for a year. The most I could manage when I quit was passing hards nomod with an A rank. After coming back I managed to start playing insanes about 2-4 weeks after coming back at approximately 16k playcount.
Alitor
I can pass some insane songs but not all :D I only been playing seriously for a month. Hoping to get even better later :D
vape
I played hards on my 5th day, insanes after a week and a half. I had about 2000 hours in TF2 beforehand, so I was very comfortable with my mouse. I have a natural sense of rhythm, too.
Aquamarine
2 months. 4mo's for harder more jump oriented maps. 6-12mo's for more insane-insane maps.
It seems these days people try to rush into insane maps too quickly. My advice; keep a steady pace and don't set your expectations too high.
Finales Funkeln

sanju5 wrote:

i did insanes after 2.5k plays when i realized you should turn mouse acc off
How can I turn the acc off?
enik
SPOILER
Take the following steps to disable Enhanced Mouse Pointer Precision:

Press Windows Logo Key+R to open the Run window.
Enter control main.cpl in the Open field.
Click OK to open the Mouse Properties window.
Click the Pointer Options tab.
Click to uncheck the Enhance Pointer Precision box.
Click OK to close the Mouse Properties window.

Finales Funkeln

enik wrote:

SPOILER
Take the following steps to disable Enhanced Mouse Pointer Precision:

Press Windows Logo Key+R to open the Run window.
Enter control main.cpl in the Open field.
Click OK to open the Mouse Properties window.
Click the Pointer Options tab.
Click to uncheck the Enhance Pointer Precision box.
Click OK to close the Mouse Properties window.

Thanks a lot!
Sotodashi
I never really did.
Kevojai
It took me about 2k plays for my first insane map... But then i had a rage fest and returned to obtaining PP through hard mode maps. Got bored of that and took a month and a half break from osu.

I recently got back and started practicing nothing but insane maps (since they are ridiculously fun). I have been beating insane maps left and right somehow LOL. (Soon i will be fcing them hopefully)

P.S: I also started off learning insane maps by using the no fail mod. Once you get use to the speed it gets a lot easier.
Alitor
As long as your passionate about the game eventually you can beat any song just takes perseverance
Rio-
About 2k to 3k play, Pass with B or C.... About 4k-5k Pass with A (Sometimes)

And Also...

Alitor wrote:

As long as your passionate about the game eventually you can beat any song just takes perseverance
Nice Quote You got there.
- O n i -
2 months
after i started getting 1k plays a month
RaneFire
Seeing some of the maps that come out now, and compared to ones I played when I started, I wonder if I was even playing "insanes" then. What's an insane anymore anyway? I still fail some insanes lol.

It's a bit like this... as a not-to-scale (insane wouldn't fit on the page) example for how many different levels of skill can fall into each difficulty:

[------EZ------]
[--Normal--]
[--------Hard--------]
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Insane---------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[----Extra----]

So as a solution we sorta divide "Insane" into sub-parts. And a lot of Insanes are classifiable extra's... or just glorified hards.

Pretty sure that as far as this thread goes, qualifying for passing insane songs was really just about finding one you could pass "by name"... and there's a fair number of easy ones that can do that for you.
Kevojai

RaneFire wrote:

Seeing some of the maps that come out now, and compared to ones I played when I started, I wonder if I was even playing "insanes" then. What's an insane anymore anyway? I still fail some insanes lol.

It's a bit like this... as a not-to-scale (insane wouldn't fit on the page) example for how many different levels of skill can fall into each difficulty:

[------EZ------]
[--Normal--]
[--------Hard--------]
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Insane---------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[----Extra----]

So as a solution we sorta divide "Insane" into sub-parts. And a lot of Insanes are classifiable extra's... or just glorified hards.

Pretty sure that as far as this thread goes, qualifying for passing insane songs was really just about finding one you could pass "by name"... and there's a fair number of easy ones that can do that for you.

For me i count everything 210 bpm and above as extra, so i dunno if i am considered passing insane...since i can't beat anything at 210+ bpm
GoldenWolf

Kevojai wrote:

For me i count everything 210 bpm and above as extra, so i dunno if i am considered passing insane...since i can't beat anything at 210+ bpm
Some "insanes" are over 210bpm and still easier than some others insanes below 170bpm
BPM doesn't define how hard a map is
Kevojai

GoldenWolf wrote:

Kevojai wrote:

Some "insanes" are over 210bpm and still easier than some others insanes below 170bpm
BPM doesn't define how hard a map is

i see, well its just that the 210+ bpm maps that i have tried have been ridiculously hard so i sorta used it as a measurement. Sorry for the misinformation then.
Ezekeial
I started passing around 1~2K plays, which was around 1 month, being able to A insanes took a little longer.
-Ryosuke
I don't really know tbh.

I began to play insane songs one year ago because I used to play easy/normal songs for like.. a whole year? Then I just start spectating people like Elysion, Colored, else.. And wanting to be as good as them and started directly by insanes.
Amianki
About a couple months. Maybe around 700 or so plays.
3GidiZ
Somewhere about two weeks ago when I got bored doing normal/ez ones (around 2.5k plays or so) I thought "Ok, I'm bored as hell, let's go die in insane". Then it was just like that - fail a lot, pass few and laugh like crazy. Doing insanes is so much fun and by now I can say I even improved since I beat my old results and score a lot higher ones :D
AirCantus
I passed my first insane song when i played like 1200 times, and now i only play insanes, collabs, and stuff :}
JareDeZane
I think I passed my first insane after 2k plays. I THINK.
Mamoru Senpai
6 days (didn't pay attention to the plays at this time).
H4ks
first 3-4 days: got to know the game and did easy A-S
said to myself:lets move to normal, so I wont be that used to the slow speed
7 days: had trouble with hards and was confused how should I get better
10 days: doing hards
15days :figured out to use my ears than my eyes
17 days:HARDS A-S , some needed to learn
18 th day > today: Jumped to Insane and doing B-S , sometimes C
play count about 1100
I think the best way to do this is to move on when you can do the difficuly on A, then train accuracy and use ears more than eyes
:lol: :roll:
PS: Guys when you finished your first The big black beatmap without nofail?
edit:playing with mouse+keyboard:3
Lolzy
around at 1.5k plays i did my first insane
Cheese
El Koko
5k? 10k? Heck. I don't know. I suck.
kleps
Started passing insanes at 1-2k playcount iirc.
Yano
About 1.75k-2.5k Plays I think
After I switched to Tablet I switched also to Insane
H4ks

Kokozord wrote:

- lol you shouldn´t think that.. if I would have ur patience..what would I give for it.. btw Im i the only one that sux at streams? I always panic and spam XY as fast as possible, any tips for me? guys? :(
Coffee Hero

H4ks wrote:

Kokozord wrote:

- lol you shouldn´t think that.. if I would have ur patience..what would I give for it.. btw Im i the only one that sux at streams? I always panic and spam XY as fast as possible, any tips for me? guys? :(
Play slower songs.
PlasticSmoothie
Dat necro
nya10
Wow am I actually the only one to grow in this game slowly. I can play insane after about 5k plays D:
Kawaii Slowpoke
Lol and then there is me that's been playing Osu for 3 years and can barely play hard.
but I never played much when I first downloaded it.

I think I did easy for awhile when I first got it and then I stopped
played again for maybe a couple days and moved to normal

and played randomly here and there.
Never more than 3 days in a row I don't think lol.

BUT NOW I HAVE MY TABLET and Im enjoying my progress already
iderekmc

JAKACHAN wrote:

Luna wrote:

Insanes at 10k plays is decent, don't worry
^ This.

Also, the fact that you played songs you couldn't beat with nofail is actually the smartest thing you can do to improve. Most people think they have to play songs they can pass to improve but really playing what you can't or can barely pass is the best way to move forward.
But thelewa says u have to play songs that u always get over 98% . Who is right? xD
Soulg
thelewa worst at accuracy duh
show more