forum

How long did it take you to pass Insane songs?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rokk
Started casually playing somewhere in September. Just now, 5 months and 700 plays later, I passed an easier Insane difficulty for the first time. :D
MiDNiGhT2903
I took so freaking long that I don't even remember.... started in Dec 2012
Loves
Started at the eve of 2013, playing a few hours a week and getting 350m ranked score, i can FC easy and normal insanes with respectable accuracy.
Jagermeiser
I passed http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43812 after a week of playing. It felt even better than getting promoted from bronze league in sc2 :!:
Bonobo
About 4 days for beginner insane songs like 110 bpm, then it was just a climb :p
Jordan
what the fuck it took me 7 months only to pass easier insanes. you silly people
buny
maybe they mean the easy insanes that are 4 stars difficulty rating

it took like 15k playcount to read ar7 for me
she_old
like 4 days, I basically started with tablet.
I had like 2.5 years of stepmania experience though.
buny

she wrote:

like 4 days, I basically started with tablet.
I had like 2.5 years of stepmania experience though.
pro
teach me to read ar10
she_old
RL speedhax

Start fighting or do some sort of fighting sport and it might help you, can't think of anything else that might help.
Miracle Lotus
After at most 2 months.
Loves
By easy insanes, I mean maps like rog unlimitation and normal insanes such as Wahrheit.
buny
pro
Soarezi
4 months to get A from gold dust hr and stuff hue
Shiningbolt
Hoping 9 days isn't a bump.

It took me 8 days to beat the first song that I ever made it a goal to beat. It wasn't named "insane", but had an obscure name.

It took me 14 days to beat something actually named "insane" and when I did that, I beat two others on the same day.

I beat that DJ Genericname remix of "Dear You" in about 29 days. I think this was a few days after I turned off mouse accel.

I beat Gold Dust with an A after EXACTLY 2 months.

And if that's still not "insane" enough, the last landmark for me was Totsugeki! Glass no Kneesocks Hime! on Bunny Style. It took 4 months and 20ish days to pass it in general.
MMzz
The day I bought a tablet I could pass/FC the easier insanes. Too get into the harder songs that took me a month or so of getting used to my tablet and finding the perfect area.
Frostmourne

MMzz wrote:

The day I bought a tablet I could pass/FC the easier insanes. Too get into the harder songs that took me a month or so of getting used to my tablet and finding the perfect area.
ffinding the perfect area is almost like finding the needle in the sea to me -_-
buny

Frostmourne wrote:

MMzz wrote:

ffinding the perfect area is almost like finding the needle in the sea to me -_-
needle in the universe
Liondecker
After about 2 weeks I could clear easier insanes. It took about a month for me to scrape through the harder ones, and now I can pretty much clear any insane (other than the ridiculous) with respectable accuracy.
Aqo

Liondecker wrote:

any insane (other than the ridiculous)
man the word "insane" really lost its meaning

what happened to papaya-shaped sliders
now that's insane
Qplayer
7000+ plays and I'm finally at the point where I can get Bs and As on the maps in this thread and similar difficulty. trbl
Beeeo

Xirai
I think I needed about 5-8k plays until i got my first insane map finished without failing...Can't exactly remember, I have to admit.
But still I finished this one insane map, but failed on a few hard maps.

The map difficulty is just so different from map to map o-o"

Thou' I always am happy, when I finally manage to finish a map, that I wasn't able to finish 1 or 2 months ago :3
djneko123
ugh idk how to tap z faster i mean like can u gimme sum tipz
Icyteru
lift weights with your fingers.
use a macro like cookiezi
thelewa
ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT COOKIEZI CHEATS
Hello Skitty
I was passing (well, surviving), hards the first day. Insanes like a week i suppose

Improved very fast at beggining, now i feel like i dont even improve at all
YouCMe
Lol 1000+ play passing Hatsune Miku - Netoge Haijin Sprechchor (insane) am i good enough??
Arcanine
Around 2.5k plays if you have a good sense of gaming in osu. Time? About 1 and a half months. Just keep on practicing. ~
Platinumsj
About 2.5 months for me to beat one easy insane beatmap on standard.
The first day that I actually made a real attempt at CtB was the day that I could play insane maps.
Shohei Ohtani
>Implying I can beat insane songs
Knarf
Pass insane when I switched to tablet.... that is, 6 months...
sanju5
i did insanes after 2.5k plays when i realized you should turn mouse acc off
Aka
^ hahaha

well as for me - from 1 pc to 300 pc in a row :3
pet
took me about 1k-1.5k to pass insane, then almost 4.5k to get really good accuracy on said insanes, including sightreads

still terrible at streams though ( can only do 160 bpm ) but I can single tap 265 somehow
quaternary
It didn't take me too long (~.5k plays), but I was playing osu!droid for a long time before that. It took me around 400 or so plays to get used to a mouse and keyboard instead of a touchscreen.

I still can't pass some streamier maps because I got used to streaming with my right hand (196bpm comfortably), but on a computer I have to stream with my off hand (186bpm, and it hurts).

I got much, much better when I turned off mouse acceleration. DO THAT.
- Cloudy -
good job :)
it will take me ages to do but I SHALL PASS!
nrl
It really depends on the player. Personally, I played on and off for a few years without devoting a whole lot of time to osu! (less than 3000 plays over two years), and I could barely pass insanes, if at all. But after recently getting a tablet and racking up over a thousand more plays with it I can FC the average insane in a few retries, and I can FC easier ones on the first read if I'm really on my game. But I've been playing rhythm games and actual instruments for almost ten years, so rhythm recognition and finger dexterity were non-issues for me; it was more about learning to read beatmaps and getting my mouse/pen hand up to snuff.
Zalaria
Heck if I know, like around 3 or 4 months I think. I was passing several insanes and hards, and then about 3 weeks ago I realized I can turn off mouse acceleration XD Took awhile to get use to, but it really does help ^^
Knarf
I only know I can turn off mouse acceleration now... That's why I thought tablet was much easier.
show more