forum

How long did it take you to pass Insane songs?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kanye West
A long time. I don't think I could pass most of them even at 10k play count.
heart_old_1
It depends on the BPM of the song for me. I didn't start passing 200+ BPM songs on Insane until last week ... Which was 3 months after I got back into osu. Just keep playing songs that are too hard for you but not impossible and you will get there :3
[ Talon ]
It took me a week,and you have to change your mouse speed and adjust to those speeds
LampaN
You iz doin' fine.
No idea how long it took me. Maybe, 3-4months ago was when I started getting past em?
buny

silmarilen wrote:

BRBP wrote:

This is Halloween [Insane] Second day
Banned Forever [Lesjuh] 2 months
Talent Shredder [Lesjuh] 5 months
He Has No Mittens [Furry] 6 months
you could pass banned forever [lesjuh] after 2 months? holy shit that took me more than 2 years
i can't even pass it
-Soba-
about a year

I still can't play the hard ones
Disso-
About 3k playcount for easy insanes, 5k for med-hard insanes. I'd say in months but I randomly quit for months at a time so that's not really a good estimate.
Yakuyan
(Constant Playing)
From (I Suck) to Easy: 2 Weeks
From Easy to Normal: 1 Month

(Played Not So Very Often For A While)
From Normal to Hard: About 4 Months

I then stopped playing for months (Didn't stop playing completely but just not much...)
Then December and January 2013 I became really active.

So to my point:
Hard to Insane (not all insane songs): 7 Months

Right now though im practicing on my skill for a week now and I started to then play more and more insane songs....
But I don't save them because I'm offline :P
I do though save easy and normal songs because I play with my friends on multiplayer and they can only play easy and normal :P
VoidnOwO
:)
Almost

BRBP wrote:

buny wrote:

i can't even pass it
What's so hard about it besides low AR? I've always thought most people could easily pass it, but just couldn't FC.
If it makes you feel better, I haven't passed keyboard cat zone, or got even close to the second break on Scarlet Rose...
It's difficult to read the damn thing and the amount of stamina you need to clear the beginning of the map is high. Even on the off chances I manage to pass the intro, my accuracy is already in the low 70s.
buny
can't stream 170 bpm sory

i quit
Almost

buny wrote:

can't stream 170 bpm sory

i quit
220 bpm actually.
silmarilen

BRBP wrote:

buny wrote:

i can't even pass it
What's so hard about it besides low AR? I've always thought most people could easily pass it, but just couldn't FC.
If it makes you feel better, I haven't passed keyboard cat zone, or got even close to the second break on Scarlet Rose...
220 bpm triples :( the AR isnt even what makes it difficult, its way easier than the same map on ar9
VoidnOwO
:oops:
chelly
Easier Insanes - Level 80 or so
Regular Insanes - Late 80s, early 90s I am here
Insane+ - Not yet
Top Tier Insane - Never

I don't really keep track of what time I start to move up difficulties, but I can remember levels pretty well. I think I started playing Easy Insanes at around 8,000+ playcount, but I'm not 100% sure. Even now I'm still practicing Regular Insanes while my other friends with a similar level are already able to play Insane with Mods (or at least a lot better than I do).
Rautataivas
Started playing straight on normal/hard difficulty, currently (about 1,000 plays) passing happily easier insanes and (some) normal level insanes.
TRIYP
Played on a super crappy comp with a ball mouse for a year and could barely pass hards. ( Took me 3 tries to FC the tutorial song... Not to mention I couldn't see sliders with the exception of the approach circles) After quitting for a year I could pass easy insanes in two weeks. Turned off epp and could play normal/hard insanes after two more weeks.
Rokk
Started casually playing somewhere in September. Just now, 5 months and 700 plays later, I passed an easier Insane difficulty for the first time. :D
MiDNiGhT2903
I took so freaking long that I don't even remember.... started in Dec 2012
Loves
Started at the eve of 2013, playing a few hours a week and getting 350m ranked score, i can FC easy and normal insanes with respectable accuracy.
Jagermeiser
I passed http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43812 after a week of playing. It felt even better than getting promoted from bronze league in sc2 :!:
Bonobo
About 4 days for beginner insane songs like 110 bpm, then it was just a climb :p
Jordan
what the fuck it took me 7 months only to pass easier insanes. you silly people
buny
maybe they mean the easy insanes that are 4 stars difficulty rating

it took like 15k playcount to read ar7 for me
she_old
like 4 days, I basically started with tablet.
I had like 2.5 years of stepmania experience though.
buny

she wrote:

like 4 days, I basically started with tablet.
I had like 2.5 years of stepmania experience though.
pro
teach me to read ar10
she_old
RL speedhax

Start fighting or do some sort of fighting sport and it might help you, can't think of anything else that might help.
Miracle Lotus
After at most 2 months.
Loves
By easy insanes, I mean maps like rog unlimitation and normal insanes such as Wahrheit.
buny
pro
Soarezi
4 months to get A from gold dust hr and stuff hue
Shiningbolt
Hoping 9 days isn't a bump.

It took me 8 days to beat the first song that I ever made it a goal to beat. It wasn't named "insane", but had an obscure name.

It took me 14 days to beat something actually named "insane" and when I did that, I beat two others on the same day.

I beat that DJ Genericname remix of "Dear You" in about 29 days. I think this was a few days after I turned off mouse accel.

I beat Gold Dust with an A after EXACTLY 2 months.

And if that's still not "insane" enough, the last landmark for me was Totsugeki! Glass no Kneesocks Hime! on Bunny Style. It took 4 months and 20ish days to pass it in general.
MMzz
The day I bought a tablet I could pass/FC the easier insanes. Too get into the harder songs that took me a month or so of getting used to my tablet and finding the perfect area.
Frostmourne

MMzz wrote:

The day I bought a tablet I could pass/FC the easier insanes. Too get into the harder songs that took me a month or so of getting used to my tablet and finding the perfect area.
ffinding the perfect area is almost like finding the needle in the sea to me -_-
buny

Frostmourne wrote:

MMzz wrote:

ffinding the perfect area is almost like finding the needle in the sea to me -_-
needle in the universe
Liondecker
After about 2 weeks I could clear easier insanes. It took about a month for me to scrape through the harder ones, and now I can pretty much clear any insane (other than the ridiculous) with respectable accuracy.
Aqo

Liondecker wrote:

any insane (other than the ridiculous)
man the word "insane" really lost its meaning

what happened to papaya-shaped sliders
now that's insane
Qplayer
7000+ plays and I'm finally at the point where I can get Bs and As on the maps in this thread and similar difficulty. trbl
Beeeo

Xirai
I think I needed about 5-8k plays until i got my first insane map finished without failing...Can't exactly remember, I have to admit.
But still I finished this one insane map, but failed on a few hard maps.

The map difficulty is just so different from map to map o-o"

Thou' I always am happy, when I finally manage to finish a map, that I wasn't able to finish 1 or 2 months ago :3
show more