forum

[Collab] Tokyo Nico Nico Land Electrical Parade Dreamlights

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Yay, collab thread~
The song is in the title. I recently posted it in the youtube thread after seeing it on NND.

I suppose it's kinda like the medleys, except it's more like a huge MAD rather than a remix.
The map is roughly 4 minutes, which means it might not be rankable, but what the hell.

I need a minimum of 4 mappers, maximum of 10.
It'd probably help if you have had a map ranked before signing up, as I do intend for this to at least get approved.

Mappers -
Neo@lex
happy30
silasw
YoshiKart
TapDancingMetroid
DJPop
adam2046
RemmyX25

The song is timed, and sectioning is complete, so I'll upload an osz when I get enough people.
Signing up closes on the 29th of January, or when the maximum amount of mappers have signed up.
I'm not quite sure about difficulties yet, but there will at least be a normal and a hard.

Get the blank map HERE.
No-Video version HERE.

Map sections are as follows:
Section 1 - 00:36:650 - 01:00:650 - YoshiKart - Easy and Normal done.
Section 2 - 10:00:650 - 01:29:650 - silasw - Easy and Normal done.
Section 3 - 01:29:650 - 01:48:775 - Break
Section 4 - 01:48:775 - 02:04:775 - TapDancingMetroid - Easy and Normal done.
Section 5 - 02:04:775 - 02:28:775 - RemmyX25 - Easy and Normal done.
Section 6 - 02:28:775 - 02:56:865 - adam2046 - Easy and Normal done.
Section 7 - 02:56:865 - 03:24:865 - happy30 - Easy and Normal done.
Section 8 - 03:24:865 - 03:48:865 - Break
Section 9 - 03:48:865 - 04:06:865 - neo@lex - Easy and Normal done.
Section 10 - 04:06:865 - 04:23:865 - DJPop - Easy and Normal done.

MAPPING HAS BEGUN.
Grab the attached files and place them in the song's folder. (I might have to rethink that if peppy adds the osz2 restriction thing soon)
See above for which section you're mapping. Remmy, DJPop and TapDancingMetroid's sections were the only randomly selected ones.
Keep spacing at 1.0.

EASYDownload: NicoNicoDouga - Tokyo Nico Nico Land Electrical Parade Dreamlights (neo@lex) [Normal].osu

Edit: Easy and normal are now complete!
Both are actually pretty hard. I'll probably come up with some weird names for them.
Anyway, before submission, I would like to do a harder difficulty, probably insane. I'll make the blank .osu when I get home.

Download: NicoNicoDouga - Tokyo Nico Nico Land Electrical Parade Dreamlights (neo@lex) [Easy].osu
ieatatsonic
I'm kinda a new mapper, but I'd like to try. I'm currently working on the gottani medley as my first beatmap.

If you don't want me it's ok
nardii
I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG. i'd like to join this :D

I don't have a map ranked, but if you'll look at the unranked stuff I have up you'll see I'm not the worst mapper.
happy30
Sign me in please :)
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
I'd like to get as much people as possible, but I really can't let people in just because they have devotion.
I'm sorry guys, but unless you can get at least one ranked map, I can't let you in.
ieatatsonic
Aww well, that's okay.

(Now I'm striving to get a ranked beatmap in a few days)
silasw
Put me in, please.

It doesn't sound like there are a lot of good places for breaks. Are there going to be breaks in between each person's section?
YoshiKart
I'll try it out.
Tapdancingmetroid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ieatatsonic
Now I'm compelled to try to finish a beatmap in 4 days.......
DJPop
It makes me laugh whole song! so I'm here to be an applicant =D
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

silasw wrote:

It doesn't sound like there are a lot of good places for breaks. Are there going to be breaks in between each person's section?
I've split it into ten sections, each person maps one per difficulty. Remaining sections will be breaks.
I'll go into more detail by PM after the 29th.
adam2046
I'd very much like to join.
minyeob

neo@lex wrote:

unless you can get at least one ranked map, I can't let you in.
:(
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Signing up is closed.
PM sent.
Ugh, I missed out so many random words...
EDIT:

neo@lex wrote:

32nd of January
facepalm.torrent
1st of February.
silasw
Gimme the second section, please.
YoshiKart
I'll be darned if I'm slower then Remmy.

I'll take section one.

EDIT: We all have to agree on a single slider velocity and tick rate first... >_>
Zatoichi
Oh no, I is too late for the mapping.
happy30
Ill take section 7
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

YoshiKart wrote:

EDIT: We all have to agree on a single slider velocity and tick rate first... >_>
Good point.
2 seems like a good tick rate taking into account the complexity of the song without making it too easy/cheap, and a velocity of 1.30 works well if the distance snapping is at 1.0, that way, the spacing stays persistent even when the grid's on a low level.
What do you guys think?
Also, what about difficulties? I'd like to do four, but part of me really hates the idea of having both a hard and an insane in a collab.

Also, fuck the deadline, mapping begins when it's ready.
adam2046
Section 6 please.
Zatoichi
>Section 3 - 01:29:650 - 01:48:775 - Break (Unless someone really wants to do it)

I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT I'LL DO IT I'

>I'm sorry guys, but unless you can get at least one ranked map, I can't let you in.

orz

Topic Starter
Neo@lex
@Zat: Sorry, no.

@everyone else:
See OP.
DJPop
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
silasw
The timing seems pretty off, at least for my section. I find my offset to be around 60,746 instead of 60,650.

EDIT: Actually, 60,716.
Pokebis
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

silasw wrote:

The timing seems pretty off, at least for my section. I find my offset to be around 60,746 instead of 60,650.
Change it before you map, and I'll make sure it's like that when I put them together.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Bumping lol.
I'll be away all next week, but you guys should really get a move on.
DJPop
I need to see section 9's pattern first before start mapping. :?
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

DJPop wrote:

I need to see section 9's pattern first before start mapping. :?
For both difficulties, I ended it in the middle with a single note at at 04:06:36.
silasw
Finally got them done. Can't seem to PM them, so here they are. Probably too easy.

Do you ever move some of the beginning and end parts around to get it to match up? I don't mind if you do that to mine.

Download: NicoNicoDouga - Tokyo Nico Nico Land Electrical Parade Dreamlights (neo@lex) [Easy].osu

Download: NicoNicoDouga - Tokyo Nico Nico Land Electrical Parade Dreamlights (neo@lex) [Normal].osu
RemmyX25
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

silasw wrote:

Do you ever move some of the beginning and end parts around to get it to match up? I don't mind if you do that to mine.
If the gap is too confusing, I will move certain notes. When everyone is done, I'll post the .osus here to make sure everyone's ok with the map before it is submitted.
DJPop
YoshiKart
This coming weekend, I promise. X_X

EDIT: Normal done.
EDITEDIT: Easy done a while ago. PM'd all.
show more