forum

Searching a previous username leads to their current profile

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +29
Topic Starter
Low
Yeah.

For example, searching "Odaril" would bring you to Shiro's profile.
RusselG
but someone might have taken their old name
deadbeat
I know that used to happen. but it could cause problems when someone comes along and takes odaril.
what about a 1 week grace period (or longer) where the old user name, in this case odaril, is unavailable and searching for that names takes to shiro.
i hope that makes sense ._.
KinomiCandy
I don't know if this exist or not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sometimes, few people I know (and maybe I don't know) change their username without any some sort of notifications, unless going to their profile first. In order to find their profile page, you have to know their new username. So my idea is that if you type their old username in the user search bar, you should be able to go to their profile without any problem even if they already changed their username to something else.

If there's any problem against this, I would like to know.
HildasXD
that's good! i also want this :) it can be more easily to find my friend who had changed the username~~>V<
CXu
Well, some people might not want their old username pointing to them anymore, and when you've changed your username, your old one should be available for claiming by new users or something. I'm indifferent to this though.
BCI

CXu wrote:

when you've changed your username, your old one should be available for claiming by new user
it must and it happens, look at the this and then at this profile :<

anyway that's a nice idea but I guess it should work just after making taking the someone's preivous nickname impossiburu о3о
TheVileOne
I'm sure there is a valid alternative to direct linking that would solve this problem.

Maybe the tooltip can list the differences or include all people that were previously known on the search list as well. I don't find this all that important since you can type the name into the google search text field and get what you want from there.
Winshley
Iirc, the username search feature used to be able to do this (at least it did, last year).

Then again, people can use someone else's old username. I wonder if it's disabled to prevent confusion? :?
TheVileOne
Duplicate? t/93019
chelly
I don't mind this, but you do know that you can always just google their old name? Right now, I just searched "tigerno11 osu" and found links to the current osu! profile. I get what you mean though, so support!