forum

Going back to nomod (please help xd)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ganja Cat
So i sort of started playing hdhr maps because I didn't like the huge circles and AR 8 maps. It only started with HR and then i moved on to HDHR because I started to care about rank. Before I started this, I could pass 5-5.5* maps at maximum. With hdhr I can pass 4-5 star maps now and that's my limit. I decided to move back into playing nomod because I realized I won't be able to ever pass 6+ star maps with hdhr. AR 9 is almost impossible for me to read and it feels slow but fast at the same time.. Any tips or suggestions on how to regain my nomod accuracy and whatnot? Please help me, i goofed myself.
Ayayano
Just force yourself to not put hr and while you are getting used to the feel of ar9 and such pay close attention to approach rings.

Basically play more nomod
Topic Starter
Ganja Cat

[Arc] wrote:

Just force yourself to not put hr and while you are getting used to the feel of ar9 and such pay close attention to approach rings.

Basically play more nomod

I'll try that, thanks. Is there any maps in particular that you might recommend? Because i've played almost all my playable maps with hdhr
Justified
That is a lot of HDHR
Topic Starter
Ganja Cat

Justified wrote:

That is a lot of HDHR

I know, I just preferred the way it felt over nomod but I want to go back XD, this was only over the course of around 1 month though
Vuelo Eluko

iiCozmo wrote:

I won't be able to ever pass 6+ star maps with hdhr.
what nonsense is this?
once you get the hang of the higher OD on more difficult maps, as I see you're mostly doing OD6 maps, you will find hp drain is far less punishing on them because you'll be able to cash in on 300 combo hp kata. You can stay the course on HR and become a strong HR player if that's what you like, nothing is holding you back. Just be aware that adapting to playing od7/od8+ with HR which is od9.8/10 respectively is going to be your biggest early hurdle regarding being a HR player, it's a big learning curve, I still struggle on od10 though admittedly I don't play it much which is the reason but once you've got the hang of it, you'll be able to soar
Boku No Rainbow
I feel like this is a "play more thing".

One thing that helped me transition from tv jump maps to other styles was actually playing low AR maps.
Topic Starter
Ganja Cat

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

iiCozmo wrote:

I won't be able to ever pass 6+ star maps with hdhr.

what nonsense is this?
once you get the hang of the higher OD on more difficult maps, as I see you're mostly doing OD6 maps, you will find hp drain is far less punishing on them because you'll be able to cash in on 300 combo hp kata. You can stay the course on HR and become a strong HR player if that's what you like, nothing is holding you back. Just be aware that adapting to playing od7/od8+ with HR which is od9.8/10 respectively is going to be your biggest early hurdle regarding being a HR player, it's a big learning curve, I still struggle on od10 though admittedly I don't play it much which is the reason but once you've got the hang of it, you'll be able to soar

Really? everyone has always told me i'll never get anywhere playing hdhr
Vuelo Eluko
if you play what you enjoy you'll get better at that
you will become a great hdhr player if you play hdhr
how do you think hdhr mains became great at it?
Topic Starter
Ganja Cat

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

well honestly I dont really know any hdhr mains- the only one ive heard of was Karou? or somethin like that
Vuelo Eluko

iiCozmo wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

well honestly I dont really know any hdhr mains- the only one ive heard of was Karou? or somethin like that
lol
Ayayano
Toy is our boy
UnnamedBeast
learn ar9 and ar8

then you can be the hdhr one trick but first learn how to play nomod, because you'll never go far without being able to atleast pass 6* nomod consistently
Topic Starter
Ganja Cat

UnnamedBeast wrote:

learn ar9 and ar8

then you can be the hdhr one trick but first learn how to play nomod, because you'll never go far without being able to atleast pass 6* nomod consistently

That's actually what i started doing, im throwing in a bunch of nomod in my practice sessions