forum

new page game

posted
Total Posts
show more
samX500
I actually really liked my calculus course, not sure about you but my course were divided in 3 part, derivative, integral and the third one was a semi-optional course that just got more advanced (multi-variable derivative/integral). I especially liked the last one because it joined the notions of calculus with vector. I only have one more math course to take (which I will take next semester) which is discrete math. It's a completely different type of math from what I've seen before so I am really excited for it.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I actually like my calculus class

Also, I can’t believe my school wifi blocks you when you search using words like “asian” or “teen” but not “boobies”
Westonini
i hate everything
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Friendship with everything ended

Now nothing is my best friend
samX500
oh god, the virus is getting to his brain. Gotta report that to Abraker.
Achromalia
nnnghhh.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
NnnNnNNgGGGggGgGGgHHHHHHHHHHHH
Plini
Why are there so many mathematic people here in FG or in internet in general?

I want to avoid putting everyone under the same umbrella. But i always found it weird how i met so many people in internet going for works related to mathematics (i.e engineering most of the time, IT) or something like graphic design.

Everytime i ask about it i get answers like: 'i like computers' or 'i like videogames' but i don't think it's a good reason for devoting your entire life to it, also it doesn't make sense diving into a world full of mathematics just because 'you like games'. I've been playing videogames my entire life and i absolutely love them, but i really don't want to make it my 'lifestyle' (i study Obstetrics and Childcare btw).

Am i wrong? What do you guys think?
Westonini
Yea there's definitely a lot of people in OT and FG who are interested in the engineering department. I'm currently going for a Comp. Sci degree myself. And yes, I like computers and video games, but I'm also not stupid enough to get into it quickly without first thinking deeply about my future and my goals. I'm just aiming for a job that'll ultimately make me happy, and doing something computer-related is just something that I feel can satisfy that. At the moment there are not a lot of things that I can enjoy, but I can spend hours upon hours (generally the entire day) playing or creating video games and still have a desire for more. It just seems obvious where to go from here for me. And we are in a booming age of technology so it's not strange that so many other people are as interested in these sort of things.

Not everyone will view computers and video games with the same love and passion as others, and some may initially believe that they want to go into the engineering industry but later realize that it's not what they truly want. You're always free to change routes so it's not like you're stuck with engineering if you're no longer interested in it. It's kinda common to be unsure if the path you're taking is right for you and if there's possibly a better one out there.

I dunno, I'm just fuckin going for it.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
mere coincidence I guess
samX500

Plini wrote:

Why are there so many mathematic people here in FG or in internet in general?

I want to avoid putting everyone under the same umbrella. But i always found it weird how i met so many people in internet going for works related to mathematics (i.e engineering most of the time, IT) or something like graphic design.

Everytime i ask about it i get answers like: 'i like computers' or 'i like videogames' but i don't think it's a good reason for devoting your entire life to it, also it doesn't make sense diving into a world full of mathematics just because 'you like games'. I've been playing videogames my entire life and i absolutely love them, but i really don't want to make it my 'lifestyle' (i study Obstetrics and Childcare btw).

Am i wrong? What do you guys think?
I don't actually know what I am talking about so take what I am about to say with a grain of salt.

I feel as though most person who likes mathematic/science are also people who ahve difficulties with social relationship, and the opposite is also true, people who can easily maintain social relationship tend to not be as good at mathematic/science.

People who can easily maintain social relationship are far less likey to commit a lot of time to the internet community because they already have other people to talk to so they don't need to use forums to express themselves. Those who do commit a lot of time into the internet community are those who don't really have people to talk to, so they go on the internet and meet people on forums to be able to express themselves.

Of course what I am saying is only based on my perception of the world and is jsut a rule of thumbs of mine. I would think of logic (aka math/science) and communication (communication isn't the actual concept I want to refer to, I just don't know what that concept actually is) as two opposite side of a spectrum, no one can master both at the same time, depending on how close you are to the center of the spectrum, you are better at doing both logic and communication and you will always tend to be more at ease on one of those activity.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
but tbh, I don't really see a lot of people liking math and doing computer-related stuff on the internet. Probably some sites only
Plini

Westonini wrote:

Yea there's definitely a lot of people in OT and FG who are interested in the engineering department. I'm currently going for a Comp. Sci degree myself. And yes, I like computers and video games, but I'm also not stupid enough to get into it quickly without first thinking deeply about my future and my goals. I'm just aiming for a job that'll ultimately make me happy, and doing something computer-related is just something that I feel can satisfy that. At the moment there are not a lot of things that I can enjoy, but I can spend hours upon hours (generally the entire day) playing or creating video games and still have a desire for more. It just seems obvious where to go from here for me.
I see. Even though i liked playing videogames since i have memory, i never thought it could be something that i could devote my whole life. I know im wrong here but i always thought that videogames and computers are a hobby. And it feels odd to me that people are learning a full and incredibly difficult discipline like engineering with full maths and logical thinking just because they liked videogames. It's not reason enough for me. I could understand it if they wanted a job that gets you a lot of money, or if they really want to use that complex theoretical knowledge for other stuff besides IT or videogames.

samX500 wrote:

I feel as though most person who likes mathematic/science are also people who ahve difficulties with social relationship, and the opposite is also true, people who can easily maintain social relationship tend to not be as good at mathematic/science.

People who can easily maintain social relationship are far less likey to commit a lot of time to the internet community because they already have other people to talk to so they don't need to use forums to express themselves. Those who do commit a lot of time into the internet community are those who don't really have people to talk to, so they go on the internet and meet people on forums to be able to express themselves.

Of course what I am saying is only based on my perception of the world and is jsut a rule of thumbs of mine. I would think of logic (aka math/science) and communication (communication isn't the actual concept I want to refer to, I just don't know what that concept actually is) as two opposite side of a spectrum, no one can master both at the same time, depending on how close you are to the center of the spectrum, you are better at doing both logic and communication and you will always tend to be more at ease on one of those activity.
I think you're right. There are people that like studying math/science oriented careers because they think that they won't have to maintain social relationships with other people. But that's just wrong imo. In a workplace there will be a lot of people with different studies and different knowledges about a lot of disciplines. Most of the time there will be problems that with your sole knowledge won't be enough for reaching that solution, and that's when multidisciplinary teams are created, where each person of the team will contribute with their grain of salt and knowledge for the sake of reaching that solution. If you don't have those communication skills it will be impossible to reach that solution.

If you have all the theoretical knowledge but no way to communicate it then you're no different from a machine. How can there be people fine with that?
Tad Fibonacci
I don't think it's really strange for people who likes computers to be on the internet lol.

And regarding the reasons why they chose such majors and professions, I don't think anyone needs a solid or comprehensive reason to like something and wanting to devote their time to it.
Westonini
na actually fuck the internet ima play go play sports, be active, and become sociable! HAHA! OH YEAAAAAAAA!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! YEA BABY!! OH YES HAHA!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌
pentaqola
y̘̟̹͇̮̦͚̝̥̯͎͌̃ͬ̏́̾̄̉ͮ̆̋̿ͧ̐̚͜͞ͅō̽̓ͮ̐̽̊͒͗ͤͧ̓ͯ̒ͪ̈́͛ͩ̿͠͏̶͕͓̱̯͓̳͕̳͚͢ ̡̉̒̏ͥ͛̓̂̎̈́̆͆̾̈́ͦ̌ͣ̒̚͏̨̛͇̠̗̺̮͍̟̙̪̻̩͖w̸̠̰͔̙̰̙̪̾ͬ͂͐ͨͭ́ͪ͋̊ͬ̾͐̍̌ͤ̓́̕͝͞t̴̢̧̮͔̣̭̲̫̙͖̫͖͉ͩ͑̌ͣ̔̚͠ͅf̷̴̷̺̞̙̥̺̖̮̤̗̰͖̺͓̫̫̋ͪ̔͗ͦ̕͘ ̵͚͕̥͍̺̲̯̻̤͔͇̤͆̏̔̌͆̎͐ͣ̑̄ͭ́͟͜w̷̧͚̤̹̟̤̤̮̥̮͔̜̘͓͎̫̪͒̔͋ͩ̐̀̃̿͑͗͊͆̆͞͞h̴̛̟͙͇̪̭̮̜̒ͥ̊͆̆̎̕͜ỵ̨̡̗̹̬͖͔͎̃ͤͦ͒ͫ̏̽̔̽̑̕͝ ̧̘̤̹͕̙̱͓́͛͑͌̾ͧͩ̓͞ͅw̷̷̡̨͓̬̳͈̭͙̺̫͈͔̮̥͇̭̳͋͒̆̿́͒ͫͧͬ̐̾̍̊̎ͦ̅̋͊ǫ̵̷̶̻͈̰͎̯̼̤̺̤̭͈̩͎̱̭̱̪̻͑ͮ͑̒́ͪ̈́͟u̴͉̗͖̹̗͚͙͙͌ͩ̂̀͊͑ͮ̆ͮ̓̑̔̄̑̎͒ͦ͢͞ĺ̳̘̣̮̮͙̼͇̭̺̟̲͇̄̌̐̉̌̉ͣ̉̏̋̉͘͢d͖̹͖̠̙̥̮̳̞͇̦̲͎̤̮̓ͪ̒̀̇͋̄͗̄ͫ̈́̅̀͟ ̶̴̪̯̘̥̬̱̘͎̯͕͎̟̩̻̗͙͍̗͉̆͂̾ͬͪ̚į̸̶̴͈̻͍͚̮͇̳̜͂̏ͬ̍̒̃̄͒͒ͦͅ ̢ͬͩ̓ͩ̿͆́̓͋͂͋͆ͣ̍̔ͩ͗͏̦̜̭͔̥̖̹̬̠̪͠ḑ̧͍͖̺͉̲̓ͪ̽͛̓̄̂́̔̿͋͘oͤͯͩ̚͜͝͏͍̦̥̙̭͚̬̖̤̲̲͍̫̝ͅ ̤͔̦̦͉͚̟̦͇̻͓̣͍͍̼ͩ͌͋̌̑ͣ͌ͩ̅̑ͪ̽̈́ͮ́ͭ̓ͣ̀́͢͢͠t̢̯͙̭̟̻͕̮͉̩̣̬̝͓ͧ̔ͦ͆͂͊ͪ̓́ͨ̂̃ͦ̂̎́́͜͞ḩͬͩ͑́ͫ̉̚͏̬͚̣̙̝̬̰͍̜̹͈̳̹̳͡͞ͅͅa̡̢̫̣̩̻̙͕͈̪̞̔ͥ̋̃̇̏͝t̸̘̝̠̫̬͉̗̗̬͎̼̹͚̭̫̣͙̄̏̀ͣͤͪ͒̾̑̅̔ͯ̐ͤͩ̈́̊ͤ̚͝͝ͅ?̵̶̱͍̙̪̯̪̦̖̣̹̂͑̂ͯ̉ͦͭ͋̾͌ͤ̒́̇̔ͧ̎̀ͅ
Achromalia
welp.
samX500
School starts today for me.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Have fun

🙃
Achromalia
🙃
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
🤖
pentaqola
welp...
Achromalia
:skelethonk:
pentaqola
may your mind consume knowledge

and peace
Achromalia
school in 2 hours.
Plini
uwu
pentaqola
welp... good luck!

hope you can get through this day... and any other day really...
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
☘️
Achromalia
☘️n't.
Cahyono29
i should sleep...its night already
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
U should
samX500
Right now I am at school waiting for my class to start.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
School day ends
Achromalia
hhghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
samX500
First day was just introduction. Tommorow should also be the same. I am pretty hyped to see thermodynamic and astrophysics as well as my programming course.
Topic Starter
Ashton
Lol nerd
Westonini
🔥🤓🔥
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
📚 📖 🤓
samX500
time to get smart by studying
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
🕓🤓📚
show more