forum

Is ctb even a rhythm game?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kuroni
Cuz i see no part where it takes rhythm sense to play like tapping in accordance with the beat.
AutoLs
play the specific maps
Zephirine
w
Topic Starter
Kuroni

Zephirine wrote:

I wouldn't expect much rhythm on easier maps, especially not converts. When you reach maybe overdose (or even rain) level you'll start to feel the need for rhythm.

What is overdose and rain level?
Nao Tomori
insane and extra. though in my opinion ctb mappers map in a way that prioritizes visual response rather than rhythmic response (eg hyper dashes to strong sounds rather than on them) so the tapping is offset by 1/4 or 1/2 usually which is misleading
I CAN FC
Kimitakari
How funny
dennischan
you can play it yourself to find out! maybe you'll discover the answer through actually playing the mode
Topic Starter
Kuroni

dennischan wrote:

you can play it yourself to find out! maybe you'll discover the answer through actually playing the mode

Yes i'm trying. Found the mode pretty fun to play but still haven't got something called rhythm yet.
CatzerTM
from my perspective it's like sight reading sheets of music. the notes are replaced with fruits and we must perform certain actions for each one to correspond to the music. you aren't exactly making the rhythm yourself but you more of putting it together
DeletedUser_1417202
some ctb maps
Dutchman
The standard question but yeah the answer is yes. even though some maps are not made around rhythm there are a ton that are. But we can ask the same question for any other mode actually. if you really wanted to you could make a map not based around rhythm in the other modes. But in the other modes that would just be completely unplayable and just not fun. While in CTB on the other hand it is actually playable. so I guess you could just look at it and think that we only have a bigger variety of ways to map.
Zephirine
w
Nikolai
ctb is not a rhythm game
_jpg

Nikolai wrote:

ctb is not a rhythm game
It's not a rhythm game, it's a minigame, and only a minigame. Just like mania.
haha i rolypoly
why necro a 12 month post
Nikolai
why not
Nuuskamuikkunen
Each time someone necroposts, god kills a kitten.
_jpg

eblf2013 wrote:

Each time someone necroposts, god kills a kitten.
Good
Zelzatter Zero

ohokjpg wrote:

Nikolai wrote:

ctb is not a rhythm game
It's not a rhythm game, it's a minigame, and only a minigame. Just like mania.
that's not how rhythm game works
Lights
CTB is a turn based strategy rougelite with puzzle elements.