forum

[Archived] Huion H420 not following pen properly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Meo]
So I've been having this issue lately with my Huion H420 where it won't follow the pen properly, as stated in the title. For example, making repeated circular patterns in the center of the tablet causes the mouse on-screen to slowly but surely start moving up and to the left.
Another issue is that if I touch down the pen on say, the bottom right of the tablet, it will either place the mouse on the bottom right of my screen or in the middle of the screen, and it's highly inconsistent.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? I've been looking all over the place for a solution, and nothing I seem to do to fix it myself is working.
Death
Moved to the Help forum, Off Topic is not a good place for this thread.

You probably have your tablet drivers set to "mouse" mode when you really want them in "pen" or "absolute" mode. As the second name implies, this makes sure your tablet is using absolute positioning, which basically means that all of your inputs and the position of your pen relative to your cursor is always the same.
Topic Starter
[Meo]
I can't seem to find any options to switch between mouse or absolute mode, but I know for certain it's in the latter. Moving the pen across the tablet as if it were a mouse moves the cursor back to the center most of the time, but it also sometimes places the cursor farther up left on the screen. It's not behaving how absolute tracking should
Death
Mouse mode makes your cursor start moving from wherever it left off, and doesn't jump around at all like absolute position. That kind of sounds like what you were describing in your initial post?

If that's not the issue, try disabling Support TabletPC in your drivers if you happen to have that enabled, disable "raw input" and "map absolute raw input to the osu! window" in game, and set your sensitivity to 1.
Topic Starter
[Meo]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2MV02ZRciM&feature=youtu.be

Here's a short video of the problems in action I suppose. I disabled everything you suggested and put the sensitivity back to 1. In the video I do some repeated circular patterns in the center of the tablet the entire time, then I rapidly tap the pen around the screen.
It's possible this is a hardware issue and I'll need to replace the tablet, but I'd like to believe otherwise.