[Archived] W7 Gameplay -> CHOPPY x(

posted
Total Posts
20
show more
Topic Starter
Pharaphobia
bump
Sakura
Please dont bump threads after only a few hours.
Topic Starter
Pharaphobia
-.- well I wanna play some songs but its impossible :))
Sakura
Patience is a virtue.

The only real thing i can suggest is to update your computer, but it's already pretty good, i also have windows 7 and have lower specs, yet i dont experience these issues so im not sure what's different on your computer, are you running any background programs? (specially things like XFire)
Ephemeral
make sure pre-rendered frames in nvidia settings is at 0/1 (whichever is available and is lower)

it sounds like something is taxing your cpu excessively while playing.. try disabling your antivirus. alternatively, try playing with a frame limiter (vsync) active instead. there's a lot of things this could be, though i doubt it is any issue with the client itself.
merchat7
How did you disable aero? Since you said it works nicely full screen, this should have solve your problem when playing in window mode. Did you go to personalization panel and set theme to windows 7 basic?

You can also manually set this per program by right clicking an icon > properties > compatibility > disable desktop composition.

Make sure v-sync is off and frame limiter is set to unlimited when trying above solutions.
WASSHOI

Pharaphobia wrote:

Power settings didnt affect anything since its desktop PC...:)
Even desktops should have a power setting in Windows 7. Try disabling Avast temporarily while playing osu! and post your results. Avast is known to not be the most quiet of antivisus programs to run in the background, and may be causing lag spikes.
peppy
If it's choppy, you need vsync.
Topic Starter
Pharaphobia

WASSHOI wrote:

Pharaphobia wrote:

Power settings didnt affect anything since its desktop PC...:)
Even desktops should have a power setting in Windows 7. Try disabling Avast temporarily while playing osu! and post your results. Avast is known to not be the most quiet of antivisus programs to run in the background, and may be causing lag spikes.
Recommend me some other anti-virus than :))) I wanna replace it for long time =)
Topic Starter
Pharaphobia

peppy wrote:

If it's choppy, you need vsync.
Peppy with Vsync its good smooth with vsync enabled in osu too but my mouse is delayed than
WASSHOI

Pharaphobia wrote:

Recommend me some other anti-virus than :))) I wanna replace it for long time =)
Microsoft Security Essentials

Be sure to uninstall your previous anti-virus before installing your new one. Having two anti-virus programs running at the same time creates problems.
peppy
If you are getting choppiness without vsync enabled, your only option is to enable it, or turn down pre-render frames in your graphics driver settings.
Topic Starter
Pharaphobia

peppy wrote:

If you are getting choppiness without vsync enabled, your only option is to enable it, or turn down pre-render frames in your graphics driver settings.
Solved by: Full screen


BUT still its stupid how can one operating system ruin my game when i had Windows XP Pro SP2 it was okay and smooth in windowed mode :(
peppy
Try switching off aero (force windows to use Windows Classic). It should then performa in the exact same way you'd expect from XP etc.
Please sign in to reply.

New reply