forum

The guide to 4 finger alternating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
4kyshalfsthebpm
Intro to 4 finger alternating
Today I thought I'd make a tutorial on how to do 4 finger hybrid alternation as such is such a nice playstyle and I feel as though no one has made a true tutorial on how to do so.

So... the first thing you want to do is rebind two keys on your keyboard to left and right mouse click. If you have a razor keyboard you can use razor synapse to do so, otherwise, if you have any generic keyboard, any key remapper will do. After you have done so, you will need to practice getting used to this playstyle which might take 2-3 months, maybe 1 month if you are fast at relearning finger coordination. I'd suggest playing below 4-star maps just to get a handle over simple rhythms, and alternating through all four fingers. If you only have one profile created with razor synapse, I'd suggest making another without the remap so you can still search up stuff and use those keys for other purposes. The same can be said if you use a keyboard remapper, simply create another profile which doesn't have the remap.

Streams:
With this playstyle, streams are still done with regular alternating, meaning using two fingers. If you are not yet familiar with that playstyle, you should certainly practice unranked stream maps using two-finger alternation. The transition between two and four fingers is quite jarring and your accuracy might take a toll as a result. Notherntheless hours upon hours of practice is the only way to make this playstyle enjoyable.

Doubles and stacked notes
In terms of doubles, you can still alternate with 4 fingers with ease, for certain stacked notes of a lower AR and BPM, alternating through with all fingers works, however, don't count on hitting stacked notes effectively the higher the AR gets, this is why it's called Hybrid 4 finger alternation for you switch between full alternation(4 fingers) and semi alternation(2 fingers)

Advantages:
There are several advantages to adopting this playstyle, the first being that you will see an increase in stamina and consistency in your gameplay, after a certain stretch of time when you master the playstyle. Furthermore, higher bpm maps with ar 9-10ish that are longer in length become more bearable as again, you aren't placing too much strain on each finger. Jumps and complicated patterns become easier to nail, and you can set some pretty remarkable scores if you try hard enough.

Disadvantages:
Extremely long learning curve, its like relearning the game all over again. Especially in the beginning it can feel super awkward and uncomfortable, it actually might be a good idea to start the game with this playstyle instead of learning it halfway into the game as you would've gotten used to your old playstyle making the transition a lot harder. Alternating between two forms of tapping is very strenuous your fingers, and you might feel the pain especially if you have a harder tapping style compared to light presses on your keys.

My opinion:
Personally, I've played a lot of offline and loved maps so I've had plenty of experience with this tapping style while simultaneously remaining under the radar. I use the (a) and (s) keys as left and right mouse click buttons and my default tapping keys are d and f. In my opinion, I think it's a genuinely viable playstyle which rewards dedication and patience. This playstyle is certainly not for everyone, as it is still quite unknown and underrated. The amount of coordination required, along with the pretty high skill requirement is offputting to newbies, but the benefits of the playstyle still stand. I will certainly update my progress once I have progressed further into the leaderboards. All the plays I have made have been using this playstyle, you can download my replays if you want to see it in action.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT ALTERNATING HALFS THE BPM
ps: pls enjoy game
DXPOHIHIHI
Nerf pls
Equbuxu
You could as well just rebind two (or more) keys to X and Z since you cannot use K1 and M1 or K2 and M2 simultaneously anyway
Finana Ryugu
why wouldnt you use the 4 keys for streaming
Topic Starter
4kyshalfsthebpm

CRikhard wrote:

why wouldnt you use the 4 keys for streaming

I haven’t found a viable way to do so on higher bpm streams yet, but you could certainly try. Keep in mind it is pretty hard to coordinate as you need to both read and tap to the stream correctly with four fingers.
Snippythefrog
Bruh did you get banned? holy fuck Anyways I just wanted to say that your tutorial helped massively! Dramatic improvement was realized in a matter of days thanks brotha hope u get unbanned soon.
abraker
meh method unless you can 300 bpm+ effectively, in which case I demand a vod.
Hiiiii5
do you get banned if u use this because he got banned
Justified

4kyshalfsthebpm wrote:

Snippythefrog wrote:

rip
flusteredpotato

Hiiiii5 wrote:

I’m pretty sure he was a hacker or used hacks not the play style that got him banned. He probably gave up on the game and just said fuck it.
Magnus-Cosmos

flusteredpotato wrote:

Hiiiii5 wrote:

I’m pretty sure he was a hacker or used hacks not the play style that got him banned. He probably gave up on the game and just said fuck it.

F..... kinda ironic flusteredpotato also got banned
vibinnmyritzcar
They all got banned lfmao