forum

[Archived] Performance issues with new GPU

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZixK_
Got a new GPU and I know osu don't really run on GPU but is there a reason to why I have 60-70fps and 22-35ms latency on the main menu and song selection? I have 4ms when I play a map and get 0.8ms during breaks (and slowly get 72fps over time).

Am I missing something? A 4 year old AMD Radeon S7 360 2GB had less latency and frame drop than a brand new GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Phoenix.

Letterboxing does nothing. Changing to V-Sync/120fps/240fps does nothing. Window mode does nothing. Resolution does nothing. Default skin does nothing. Detect performance issues and compatible mode does nothing (compatible mode gives +10 frames but the issue still remains). I've tried running osu in both cutting edge and stable version but it does nothing. For the record, I have a 490 but I've tried deleting the drivers and unplugg it and it does nothing.

Thanks for taking your time on reading this.

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190621
[ Akhesh ]
dont lock the fps? or gpu Driver?
Planetpop
I had this issue when I first downloaded Osu! using a 1060 6GB. Reinstalling the latest drivers and running in Unlimited fps mode fixed my problem. If none of that works, I would try fully reinstalling the game. Hope this helps a little!
Tobias Leander
I wouldn't recommend reinstalling the game as that is most likely not gonna fix the issue at all, I would recommend uninstalling your graphics drivers with DDU and then getting the newest drivers from Nvidia's website, also make sure that your graphics card is set to at least high performance in the Nvidia control panel
ePepsi
I have been playing osu! for a while now on my old laptop, and I recently bought a new computer and it is having alot of trouble running osu! than my vastly inferior laptop. Please help.
Dntm8kmeeatu

ePepsi wrote:

I have been playing osu! for a while now on my old laptop, and I recently bought a new computer and it is having alot of trouble running osu! than my vastly inferior laptop. Please help.
Please read this help/wiki/Performance_Troubleshooting

If it doesn't help. Make a new thread and please go into more detail of what the issue is. Please give some numbers & specs & an explanation of what the issue is.