posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Midasmens

Kurai wrote:

Hello ~

[Easy]
  1. 01:59:665 (1,1) - The spacing between those two notes is rather confusing. Even if there are 4 beats between each other, the player would tend to click the green slider earlier than s/he should because they are close to each other. You'd better fix that. Maybe revert 02:02:488 (1) (ctrl+g) and move the pink slider upward a bit and the green one downward, like this :
    fix the spacing only
  2. 02:10:959 (1,1,1,1) - Same here, new players are not used to play this game yet, so anti-jumps might be very confusing for them. Consider using a normal spacing. I think it's fine.
  3. 02:32:135 (1) - Don't forget this difficulty is an easy, such an huge jump is not appropriate to this kind of difficulty. fix
[Normal]
  1. 00:06:371 (1) - I don't think an anti-jump is a good idea here. Better moving (1,2) a bit downward.
    fix
  2. 01:42:194 (4) - ^ fix
  3. 01:48:547 (1) - The end of this spinner doesn't suit the music. Would be better to shorten it by 1/2 (01:49:782). fix
[Banana's Hime]
  1. 00:24:018 (1) - This antijump is very confusing. When I first testplayed the map I thought it was 1/2 after the previous slider instead of 1/1. Consider using the normal spacing here please. 0.7x spacing is the normal spacing
  2. 02:12:371 (2,3,4) - Put new combo marks on those notes please, so that the mapper can recover the HPs s/he loses during the little "breaks". fix
Thanks Kurai mod~ ;)
Update Easy/Normal/Kite's Hard/Banana's Hime......... done
Kurai

Midasmens wrote:

Kurai wrote:

[Easy]
  1. 02:10:959 (1,1,1,1) - Same here, new players are not used to play this game yet, so anti-jumps might be very confusing for them. Consider using a normal spacing. I think it's fine.
It isn't, sorry.

Xakyrie wrote:

Kurai wrote:

[Muzu & Oni]
  1. They both have the same HPdrain and OD, consider either reducing them in the Muzu diff or increasing them in the Oni diff. I know this sort of thing applies to standard diffs, however it doesn't for taiko. It's perfectly acceptable for Muzukashiis to possess the same settings as Onis, it just depends on how relevant it is and the situation that's being considered. I was already previously asked to change the SV to 1.4, and I don't mind it this way. Unless it's a completely evil thing (I honestly don't think the song calls for an extreme SV difference since it's not that fast to begin with), I don't think I'll change it.
I didn't say anything agaist the SV, but whatever, it was just a suggestion.
Topic Starter
Midasmens
OK~ change it.... done
Kurai
You haven't fixed the anti-jumps, you have just changed the pattern :(
I'll say it again, anti-jumps are very confusing for beginners, so you should never use them in the easiest difficulty. So in Easy :
01:59:665 (1,1) - There is an anti-jump between those two notes. You should at least use a 0.8x spacing. (as I suggested, a ctrl+g would fix it and the next anti-jump aswell.
02:02:488 (1,1) - ^
02:10:959 (1,1,1,1,1) - Anti-jumps here aswell. You should at least use a 0.6x spacing here.
Topic Starter
Midasmens

Kurai wrote:

You haven't fixed the anti-jumps, you have just changed the pattern :(
I'll say it again, anti-jumps are very confusing for beginners, so you should never use them in the easiest difficulty. So in Easy :
01:59:665 (1,1) - There is an anti-jump between those two notes. You should at least use a 0.8x spacing. (as I suggested, a ctrl+g would fix it and the next anti-jump aswell.
02:02:488 (1,1) - ^
02:10:959 (1,1,1,1,1) - Anti-jumps here aswell. You should at least use a 0.6x spacing here.
:? :? :?
Should be fine now
Kurai

Okay, you can have plenty of bubbles now!
Topic Starter
Midasmens

Kurai wrote:

Okay, you can have plenty of bubbles now!
WOW!!!!! Thanks Kurai!
Makar
Taiko Muzu: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/666708 Pretty sure this isn't rankable
No two hitobjects on the same tick (osu!mania game mode is an exeption). This includes hit circles, starts and ends of sliders, and starts and ends of spinners.
Taiko DS: Apply the same BG transformation like Xakyrie did in her muzu so its consistent and looks nice:
0,0,"BG.jpg",0,-120
You forgot xcherry in tags too *runs*
Xakyrie

Makar wrote:

No two hitobjects on the same tick (osu!mania game mode is an exeption). This includes hit circles, starts and ends of sliders, and starts and ends of spinners.
Eh...since when was this unrankable o_O I wonder when this happened.

Kurai wrote:

I didn't say anything agaist the SV, but whatever, it was just a suggestion.
...Oh gosh, sorry Kurai. Totally misread that. Being sleep deprived isn't helping clearly. I deeply apologize for the rude response, too.
In any case, it still applies to OD and HP Drain. xD Thanks for the mod and congrats Midasmens on the bubble :3 sorry it has to be popped orz here's your update.
Strawberry

Makar wrote:

- sure. it's really confusing and unfriendly for players since it's just Muzukashii. people always thought that there is the last denden and do their best to full it, and can't react accurately for a second.. sorry for missed guest's response~!

- about Banana's diff, i think it would be a much better effection if you make an adjustment for consistency with Insane on these two spinners 01:02:665 (1) - 01:47:841 (1) since the single spinner is really felt bad.. i know it's guest difficulty, so just suggestion here.
Elinia
[Insane]
前面的nc感觉有点乱
00:01:254 (1) - remove nc
00:01:783 (5) - nc
00:03:019 (1) - remove nc
00:03:195 (2) - nc
00:04:430 (1) - remove nc
00:04:607 (2) - nc
01:00:723 (3,4) - 很顺啊~
01:28:606 (6) - nc
01:30:018 (1) - remove nc
02:20:841 (1,2,3,4) - reverse 1&2 reverse 3&4(音调)
02:21:547 (1) - 和上一个正方形的最上面note重合(音调)
02:33:900 (3,4) - 同上
02:35:841 (1,2) - why not use slider like above?

[Banana's Hime]
00:18:018 - 相对后面感觉音效声音过大了
01:36:370 (6) - add finish
找不出来了;w;

[Kite's Hard]
nothing sorry..

[Normal]
HP Drain-1?
00:20:841 (2) - 滑条头被遮住了而且是故意的,好可怕 :o ……
01:25:076 (4) - ^
00:55:782 (3) - normal不要放这种遮挡吧……移出来点
02:33:018 (4) - 难读

[Easy]
01:48:018 (1) - spinner在这里01:51:194结束吧
01:59:665 (1,1) - 还是放点节奏吧,两个滑条太单调了

[Others]
音效好棒ww
Makar
'Might as well pop this because of the unrankable stuff and pending mods. For now here is a taiko mod as well. Call me back after for a full recheck.

[General]
  1. Add "xcherry" to the tags. This is Xakyrie's previous username
  2. I suggest ending kiai at 01:03:194 in the standard diffs to make it consistent with the taiko (and it fits more imo).
  3. For some reason the filename for the muzukashii is incorrect. Rename capitaro - Tenshinranman High Collar Hime (Midasmens) [Xakyrie's Taiko Muzukashii].osu to capitaro - Tenshinranman High Collar Hime (Midasmens) [Xakyrie's Muzukashii].osu (Remove "Taiko" from the filename)

[Xakyrie's Muzukashii]
  1. 00:54:723 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,1,1,2,1,1) - This is the only part in the map that you use two triples like this, and it is inconsistent with the kiai (same phrase at 01:00:371) in density. I suggest just copy pasting 01:00:371 (1,1,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) and putting it here instead.
  2. 02:46:429 (1,1) - As mentioned before, concurrent notes are unrankable; however, I actually highly suggest just removing the circle. Due to the slowdown/speedup/slowdown part in the spinner, the player will lose track of the timing of the song and make this hard to hit. Besides, it's not in the Taiko DS difficulty, so may as well make it consistent.
  3. Well eh... overall here are some things to keep in mind: It's nice that you try to use a lot of variation in this difficulty, but the variation is very inconsistent and changes at awkward places sometimes. For example, sometimes you will be following drums and then suddenly switch to following accents in vocals. This can be cool sometimes; however, the way you do it is inconsistent. Try to make variation that is consistent with phrases so that when the variation happens, it feels more natural. Another thing is that the spread within this difficulty jumps very suddenly. Starting at 01:37:076, you start to use triples much more often (and even 5note). While it is nice to increase the difficulty level overtime, it is just too sudden. Usually after the kiai there will be a cooldown period, but instead it gets even more dense (and a bit too quickly). I don't consider this too much of a major issue (and it would be a lot of work for you to fix), so I won't hold back the mapset because of this; however, it's just a tip to keep in mind for next time.

[Taiko DS]
  1. Also as mentioned before, apply the same BG transformation like Xakyrie did in her muzu so its consistent and looks nice:
    0,0,"BG.jpg",0,-120

Remember to PM me after fixes. I'll check standards and such then and probably rebubble afterwards.
Banana
00:52:606 (5) - changed pattern, for slider repeat arrow was under combo counter

elinia wrote:

[Banana's Hime]
01:36:370 (6) - add finish added
Topic Starter
Midasmens
SPOILER

Makar wrote:

'Might as well pop this because of the unrankable stuff and pending mods. For now here is a taiko mod as well. Call me back after for a full recheck.

[General]
  1. Add "xcherry" to the tags. This is Xakyrie's previous username fix
  2. I suggest ending kiai at 01:03:194 in the standard diffs to make it consistent with the taiko (and it fits more imo). no
  3. For some reason the filename for the muzukashii is incorrect. Rename capitaro - Tenshinranman High Collar Hime (Midasmens) [Xakyrie's Taiko Muzukashii].osu to capitaro - Tenshinranman High Collar Hime (Midasmens) [Xakyrie's Muzukashii].osu (Remove "Taiko" from the filename) fix

[Taiko DS]
  1. Also as mentioned before, apply the same BG transformation like Xakyrie did in her muzu so its consistent and looks nice:
    0,0,"BG.jpg",0,-120
    fix

Remember to PM me after fixes. I'll check standards and such then and probably rebubble afterwards.
Kurai
Okay let's fix the bubble.
LunarSakuya
lolwut why aren't the taiko diffs uploaded

Edit: k nvm
Garven
[General]
Tick rate 2 fits this song best

[Easy]
Your new combo use seems to be random at best. Try to aim for a new combo every 2-4 tall white ticks so keep them grouped to fit the music.
So for example, you would have a new combo at 00:20:841 (4) - and remove the one at 00:22:253 (1) - , a new one at 00:23:665 (3) - and remove at 00:24:371 (1) - and so on.
02:29:312 (2) - This would play better like this

02:40:606 (2,1,1) - These would benefit from a similar change:

[Normal]
OD +1 or 2
00:05:666 (4,1) - Spacing is way too close for a Normal.
00:53:312 (3) - 4-hit short repeat sliders are bad for easier level difficulties. I'd try something different here.
00:55:076 (2,3) - Try to avoid stacking on the ends of sliders with 1/2 rhythms in Normals. Especially easier ones like this.
00:56:135 (4) - Same as earlier. Applies to other instances later as well.

...well, I started it, anyway. I'll try and finish it up later when I'm not dead tired.

Edit:

If anyone wants to pick up where I left off, feel free. I don't think I'm going to have time to take care of this in the near future.
Nymph
check Garven's mod first so I can continue~

EDIT: we fixed some patterns in hard and banana's diff. Although I would suggest to add a video but the mapper don't need it, so I'd like to let it go. ranked.
Topic Starter
Midasmens
Thanks! Nymph~~~
Kite
Nice :3 Congratulations
Elinia
恭喜wwww
jesse7419
Congratz !!
popner
gratz
Banana
半个有生之年
wonders
小米~
ZorkLike
this one was nice, hit rank 1 at some moment and held it for 5 hours, gj on this one!
hs714
Congrats! Midas chan! >3<♥
Azer
NAI_old_1
good!
GTmAster
Author has serious mental issues. Beat doesn't fit rhythm of the song at all.