posted
Total Posts
show more
shadoworbit

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

shadoworbit wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

It doesnt work for me because the "preferred graphics processor" doesn't show up for me. Osu still doesn't work :/
This post is old and outdated.

Please follow these instructions instead.

While osu is closed. Open your Start Menu or a File Explorer window and type %localappdata% in the address bar.
From there, find your osu! folder and open the osu!.pcname.cfg file with Notepad.
Set the following lines as such;

CompatibilityContext = 0
CanForceOptimusCompatibility = 0

Once you are done, save the file, and then launch osu!

Also please make sure your Graphics drivers are installed for your Integrated and Dedicated/Discrete GPU

I still don't understand
I was playing osu fine earlier and then i went into the setting to change my sensitivity but then t came up with graphics and i accidentally clicked something and when i try to open osu it says cant find intel graphics. I dont know how to find it and/or change it to work as i dont know where to put the %localappdata% as i put it in the search for quick access and my pc but it just said nothing found.
Did you try to find it though Windows+R? Also how can't you find it in quick access?

I found through Windows+R but when i typed it in quick access it wouldnt find anything

I have done it and it now works, thanks for the help
roggex

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

It doesnt work for me because the "preferred graphics processor" doesn't show up for me. Osu still doesn't work :/

While osu is closed. Open your Start Menu or a File Explorer window and type %localappdata% in the address bar.
From there, find your osu! folder and open the osu!.pcname.cfg file with Notepad.

CompatibilityContext = 0

Also please make sure your Graphics drivers are installed for your Integrated and Dedicated/Discrete GPU
thank you
CheeryFlame4611

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

CompatibilityContext = 0

You are an absolute lifesaver, I thought I was going to have to reinstall the game and all the maps.
Thanks you!
Nashe

Tobias Leander wrote:

You could you try running osu! trough Integrated graphics instead of your gtx 1070, to do this right-click your desktop and open your Nvidia control panel and go to manage 3d settings, then go to program settings and select osu! from there you should be able to change the preferred rendering device.

Another thing you could do is to go to your osu folder and edit the osu!.pcname.cfg file and find the line Fullscreen = 1 and change the number from 1 to 0 and then save the file and launch osu!
thanks bro
xdVerticalx
So for some reason I also got the same issue and it says can't find the intel graphics. I tried to reinstall osu, I updated my graphics from the intel website, and I still can't fix it. I think the solution by going in the logs doesn't really work for me because I reinstalled osu and my logs only have a couple lines, and not the settings such as fullscreen, menu music, and stuff like that. Could anyone help me please?
true_cake

xdVerticalx wrote:

So for some reason I also got the same issue and it says can't find the intel graphics. I tried to reinstall osu, I updated my graphics from the intel website, and I still can't fix it. I think the solution by going in the logs doesn't really work for me because I reinstalled osu and my logs only have a couple lines, and not the settings such as fullscreen, menu music, and stuff like that. Could anyone help me please?
I'm having the same problem :// updated the graphics from intel and reinstalled osu, still nothing
CantMakeMoney
Im having the same issue. I reinstalled the game, changed the .cfg file and updated my drivers. Nothing seems to work.
Clout_Gram

CantMakeMoney wrote:

Im having the same issue. I reinstalled the game, changed the .cfg file and updated my drivers. Nothing seems to work.
Copy and paste it in the notepad it worked for me
SpillTheBeans34
this just happened to me :/ Osu whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

when i go to my %localappdata% and open the osu folder, there is only a Osu!.cfg file, no osu!.pcname.cfg file :/ i uninstalled my osu to try and fix it but to no avail
BirdisWord

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

CompatibilityContext = 0

Thank you so much!!!
XuWorlduX

Possible fix:

Since I ended up here when first searching for this issue, I am adding the fix that worked for me without editing the files:

See my post on this thread https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1229553?start=7877634
Rectic

shadoworbit wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

CompatibilityContext = 0

I still don't understand
I was playing osu fine earlier and then i went into the setting to change my sensitivity but then t came up with graphics and i accidentally clicked something and when i try to open osu it says cant find intel graphics. I dont know how to find it and/or change it to work as i dont know where to put the %localappdata% as i put it in the search for quick access and my pc but it just said nothing found.

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

CompatibilityContext = 0

Your updated method worked for me, thank you!!
- Grot -

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

CompatibilityContext = 0

Cheers big ears
C3drox

DolphinTaco wrote:

What I did was right-click on the desktop screen to go on to my Nvidia Control panel. Then I went to "Manage 3D settings" and went to the "Program Settings" tab. Find Osu.exe in the "Select a program to customize" dropdown menu or add it if you can't find it. Then I set the preferred graphics processor to "Integrated graphics" and saved it.

This worked for me I hope it works for you!

Thank you very much, now it works again :D
Flapster
Guess we all have the same issue right now.. what happened
Dntm8kmeeatu

Flapster wrote:

Seems like Intel pushed a driver update. Probably that.
CantMakeMoney

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

jakebirdo wrote:

CompatibilityContext = 0

After reinstalling the game, the osu!.pcname.cfg file is gone. Is there another way of fixing this problem? It seems to persist no matter what method I try.
vRambo
i now have this problem it just says cant find intel graphics whenever i try to get on osu. I don't really know what to try or how to try it because im not that big of a computer nerd no offense, but im having the same problem all i want to do is play some osu man!!!!!!1
UnXaid

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Flapster wrote:

Seems like Intel pushed a driver update. Probably that.
Do I roll back my drivers?
Dntm8kmeeatu
Ok, since this issue seems to be a big thing again because of a recent driver update. I'm dropping this final message and locking this thread.

Please do these steps.

CompatibilityContext = 0

IF you do not have that file, either because it didn't generate or your reinstalled to try and fix this issue. You can manually create a file, add those lines, and save it as a .cfg file. Be sure to name it correctly (osu!.pcname.cfg) Replace pcname with the name of your System/Windows User. You can check the file path to that folder to double check. It should say Drive:\Users\[user]\appdata\local\osu! use whatever is [user] for you. If you need more detailed instructions, or further help with making that file. Read this thread community/forums/topics/906026?start=7073990

If you are still having issues with this error. Please make a new post here community/forums/5