forum

Still having crusor lags... [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I don't want to post another thread but I need more help but to fight this lag.

Thread related to this.> p/184991

After I slide the sliders, it freezes for 1 second as I'm going to hit another combo, then I missed. It also happens to when I'm playing with three mods (HR, DT/NC, and HD).

I tried everything to stop the lag, but still.

- I reset my whole laptop to default.
- Changing FPS.
- Changing into window, and back into full screen.
- Exit osu and open back up, many times.
- Go to the settings and leave, and do the same many times you want.
- Reinstalling it.
- Giving osu! a break more than 1 hour.
- I got everything low end PC except for the shaking sliders.

That's all I tried to fight it above.

Does anyone know how to fight this lag? Because I am frustrated about missing combos...

Thank you.
Espionage724
- What are your computer specs?
- Are you Overclocked at all?
- Do you have any in-game overlays enabled at all? (Evolve, Steam, Raptr, Xfire, MSI Afterburner, etc)
Topic Starter
DerekMcD

Espionage724 wrote:

- What are your computer specs?
- Are you Overclocked at all?
- Do you have any in-game overlays enabled at all? (Evolve, Steam, Raptr, Xfire, MSI Afterburner, etc)
- Toshiba Satellite L455D-s5976
- I don't know what that means, could you please explain what is it and how does it work?
- I only have Xfire, but I don't have it atm since I restored my whole laptop.
R a v o
Try opengl + vsync and triple buffer.
Espionage724
I would try a lower fullscreen resolution if you haven't already, and maybe try the No Video mod. I remember on my Chromebook, I had to run both of those in order to have a somewhat playable experience.

Also try messing with the FPS limit if you haven't already. 60 (vsync) may make the video card work less, but you'll experience some input lag. 120 FPS works the best in most cases, and Unlimited "might" help out, but in the end it would probably cause your video card temps to raise too much and it might start downclocking, causing some lag.

And if neither of those work, try Master1280's suggestion, although idk if vsync and triple buffer (is there even an in-game option for triple buffering?) would help too much, but it's worth a shot.

Oh, and if you happen to have a browser open with flash content (YouTube, etc), close it when playing any game. On most AMD drivers/hardware, the GPU will enter a PowerPlay state that will downclock the GPU further then max, which can cause problems.
Topic Starter
DerekMcD
I think your suggestion really worked. I set back to DirectX and full screen and it fixed. I will do the same thing when this happens again.

Resolved.
Ephemeral
if snaking sliders was enabled, it was probably that. does strange things to older video cards.