forum

[Archived] game freezes and crashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZinerX
Problem details: the game freezes and crashes after playing for a while, checked the event viewer and it says : The description for Event ID 1 from source NVIDIA OpenGL Driver cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

A TDR has been detected.
The application must close.

Error code: 7
(pid=5620 tid=9572 osu!.exe 32bit)

I tried to open the compatibility mode, but the game just freezes and didn't crash while I can still play but the screen just holds at that exact frame and didn't update.

the system also give different error message in event viewer after turning compatibility mode on :
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 142
P2: ffffb40ff64eb460
P3: fffff8042b36bc60
P4: 0
P5: 680
P6: 10_0_17763
P7: 0_0
P8: 256_1
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20190619-1433.dmp
\\?\C:\Windows\TEMP\WER-4321687-0.sysdata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFCB3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFCC3.tmp.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFCC2.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERFCD3.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_142_a99d92a1beeac53144c457857fbc1bbbf6a6b1c1_00000000_cab_1bddfd3f

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: e6dd3154-2c9b-45f4-bdbc-8b1d279f8f4d
Report Status: 2049
Hashed bucket:
Cab Guid: 0

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://gyazo.com/ccaa7004c7751ea399ed932ab21a7cad

osu! version: Stable 20190620.4 (latest)
Death
Did you try doing what the error message suggests? Reinstall your graphics drivers.
Topic Starter
ZinerX

Death wrote:

Did you try doing what the error message suggests? Reinstall your graphics drivers.

Yes, I did use DDU to uninstall the driver and reinstall it. Tried different versions but the problem still exists
Death
The event viewer log also links you to an nvidia support article as well, I would probably check that out. I can tell you for sure that I had this error message pop up when my GPU was dying. I was also getting bluescreens and different artifacts all over my monitor too though, so I don't want to say that is your issue.

There are a lot of different resources for this crash that you can find on Google. It's probably not osu! specific.