forum

Should I switch to singletapping?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashford
I started osu! playing full alt and it seems like I can't singletap at all. After seeing vast majority of top players are singletapping, just felt bad. I'm just curious should I switch or not.
raccoongamer
Singletap is considered better for accuracy and hard patterns, it somewhat gives better control at the cost of speed.

Most top players can actually do both, and it won't hurt you to learn to singletap; then you can switch between them and it will make you a more flexible player, yet nobody forces you to play only singletap; just do what you feel comfortable doing.
Mental Health
most of top players dont singletap high bpm lol
and yes u should singletap it makes u strong
Ayayano
Most top players singletap when they can because for most people its easier, its just preference and there are people like Azer who are really accurate with full alternating playstyles. Only switch if you can really see that it is holding you back, dont switch just because other people are better with different playstyles.

Just my two cents
DXPOHIHIHI
singletapping improved my consistency, we're the same when we both started (full alt) but after months I noticed my accuracy was way shit, so I practiced singletaps for a few days and braced it and now getting high acxs on map size tv's
Rikii
People singletap because they prefer singletap.
People alternate because they prefer alternate.

Somes combine them and use a specific technique when it is needed. If you are comfortable with the way you play right now, then stick with it. But trying new things cant do any harm if you want to.
KupcaH
Most top players can do both

I was singletapping until I had like 6.5k pp. I switched to alternating because no matter what I did and how much I practiced, I couldn't singletap comfortably anything higher than 200bpm. So as you can see "speed" can be really tough to learn for some people with singletapping.

I personally think that overall altenating is better. Although there are some patterns that are easier with singletapping.

So

[Arc] wrote:

Only switch if you can really see that it is holding you back, dont switch just because other people are better with different playstyles.
This.

But of course you can learn singletapping, it wouldn't hurt to have that skill under belt.
Topic Starter
Ashford
Thank you all for answers, I will try singletap for a while and see what happens