forum

Getting easily mad at this game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gaab
is it normal? like after 1 hour playing i start raging and can't play/farm anymore.
there's a way to reduce this stress?
Flanster
Take breaks so you don't blow your fuse as often.
Topic Starter
Gaab
you mean by take a break, don't touch the game or don't play std? because i map
Flanster

Gaab wrote:

you mean by take a break, don't touch the game or don't play std? because i map

no farming; doing some mapping would help you to relax (?)
Mentally Insane
Farming always causes stress because you know you can get that 300 pp (300 is an example) on that map but you keep failing or missing so its frustrating because you just want that new top play. (That mostly happens if you either spam play a map or switch between similar pp maps). Maybe play the game with the intent of having fun for a bit or take a break for like until your ready to play again. Mapping could help too but it does require thought.
Topic Starter
Gaab

Silvin_Is_Here wrote:

Farming always causes stress because you know you can get that 300 pp (300 is an example) on that map but you keep failing or missing so its frustrating because you just want that new top play. (That mostly happens if you either spam play a map or switch between similar pp maps). Maybe play the game with the intent of having fun for a bit or take a break for like until your ready to play again. Mapping could help too but it does require thought.

i can't play osu just 4fun for more than a hour without get bored, and about farming yeah it's what u said, i think i gonna take a break, i'm just worried about my livestream, normally i stream me playing osu, see me mapping should be boring do u think so? and i don't have other games i play
Mentally Insane
Well ok and gl on getting better. Also, it wouldn’t be that bad to stream mapping if you want to keep your stream alive. I don’t think mapping is that boring as long as your decent at it.
raccoongamer

Gaab wrote:

Silvin_Is_Here wrote:

i can't play osu just 4fun for more than a hour without get bored, and about farming yeah it's what u said, i think i gonna take a break, i'm just worried about my livestream, normally i stream me playing osu, see me mapping should be boring do u think so? and i don't have other games i play

So why not just play osu for an hour a day? This seems like a healthy amount (and you probably won’t have massive regrets about tons of wasted time later on).
nniin
-
UnnamedBeast
joga

Ag_U wrote:

I started playing this game as warmup/aim practice for FPS. Atm I have less than slightly over 2 days playtime, but can already see how PP farming can make people wanna punch their screen in.

It's actually sad experience. You play 5*-7* maps with no-fail and it's extremely hard & challenging, you fail a lot and you are ok with that, even when you finish with 50-60% acc. Then you learn that challenging yourself mechanically isn't actually the correct way to get PP, the correct way is to spam 3* maps. Woohoo.

dont play things you get 50-60% acc, do things that are like barely passable or almost passable
Nao Tomori
getting pp isnt related to improving in the game, just play to improve instead of grinding 20 hours for some pp score you will not even remember in a few months
worst fl player
Tips on how to relieve your anger: Go and punch a horse
Lights
let the anger flow through you, it will give you power.
raccoongamer

UnnamedBeast wrote:

joga

Ag_U wrote:

I started playing this game as warmup/aim practice for FPS. Atm I have less than slightly over 2 days playtime, but can already see how PP farming can make people wanna punch their screen in.

It's actually sad experience. You play 5*-7* maps with no-fail and it's extremely hard & challenging, you fail a lot and you are ok with that, even when you finish with 50-60% acc. Then you learn that challenging yourself mechanically isn't actually the correct way to get PP, the correct way is to spam 3* maps. Woohoo.

dont play things you get 50-60% acc, do things that are like barely passable or almost passable

After doing exactly that for quite a bit of time and returning to 4* I would say that playing 4* for good acc FCs is far more beneficial to a gameplay; I’d say you should mostly play what you have a bit of a struggle FCing with good acc and leave some room for maps you have some struggles to pass, that way you’ll improve without losing consistency (like I lost it during playing passable maps I can’t quite hold combo and acc on).
Justified
We're all gonna die someday so what's the point of trying so hard lol
SunriseAbsence
I have a great solution for you. Go into offline mod, disable internet for a day if you can.
Decide if you want to play on this day. And if you do, just play.
Look. There is no score submission. No rankings. No people to compete with you. Just you, your favourite music and pure innocent fun. Do you like it? Play like that for several hours or for a day. Then come back to osu. You will have fun again, I promise.
But this works not for long. Simply repeat the process in this case.