forum

[Archived] keyboard input lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xMakron
I have huge keyboard latency on my corsair k70 keyboard. It was happening too on my older keyboard razer blackwidow. It ONLY happens in osu!. the latency is jumping randomly sometimes it is 20MS another time 80MS which makes the game unplayable. Im using W10. Somewhere I saw that downgrade to W7 should work but I dont want to do it. I tried everything possible nothing have worked. I have that problem for like 1,5 years. I'll appreciate any kind of help.

osu! version: 20190620.4 (latest)
lilroc125
is fullscreen disabled
Topic Starter
xMakron

lilroc125 wrote:

is fullscreen disabled

with that its even worse
Topic Starter
xMakron
bump
Death
Have you tried closing Corsair Utility Engine, or Corsair iCUE? Whatever the software is called that controls your keyboard's functions and lighting.
Topic Starter
xMakron

Death wrote:

Have you tried closing Corsair Utility Engine, or Corsair iCUE? Whatever the software is called that controls your keyboard's functions and lighting.

I closed every program possible not working
Death
Try a different USB port for your keyboard.
Topic Starter
xMakron

Death wrote:

Try a different USB port for your keyboard.

tried, dont work
Topic Starter
xMakron
bump
wikipedia
have you tried checking frame limiter, repairing osu, re-installing and switching skins? (if it happens all the time in osu with the default skin, then yo skreved)
Topic Starter
xMakron

wikipedia wrote:

have you tried checking frame limiter, repairing osu, re-installing and switching skins? (if it happens all the time in osu with the default skin, then yo skreved)
¨
reinstalled the whole pc, tried everything in game still doing it. fucking garbage this game
wikipedia
maybe re-install your software?
Topic Starter
xMakron

wikipedia wrote:

maybe re-install your software?

i reinstalled the whole PC that means everything. not working
Mamako
Classic answer: update your keyboard driver and update your usb port drivers usually located in device manager>universal serial bus connectors>usb root hub and/or mass usb storage device.

Another fix(if first fix doesnt work) is to plug your keyboard directly to your mobo's usb ports instead of the usb ports on your case.
You can also try to remove anything thats plugged in to the ports except your keyboard and then figure out if one(or more) of your peripherals are taking most of the usb bandwidth.
I also really hope that your usb ports are not usb 1.0 as they can make 1ms latency keebs into 80ms latency keebs.
If none of those helps then your pc must really hate osu.
Topic Starter
xMakron

Mamako wrote:

Classic answer: update your keyboard driver and update your usb port drivers usually located in device manager>universal serial bus connectors>usb root hub and/or mass usb storage device.

Another fix(if first fix doesnt work) is to plug your keyboard directly to your mobo's usb ports instead of the usb ports on your case.
You can also try to remove anything thats plugged in to the ports except your keyboard and then figure out if one(or more) of your peripherals are taking most of the usb bandwidth.
I also really hope that your usb ports are not usb 1.0 as they can make 1ms latency keebs into 80ms latency keebs.
If none of those helps then your pc must really hate osu.

usb drivers are all updated when i unplug everything except keyboard it shows that the latency is good but when playing its still bad maybe little bit better and yes i have usb 3.0
wikipedia
thats very spooky, un-install razer synapse 2.0/3.0 if you havent already
also "xmr-stak" sucks
Mamako
The only solution I can think of now is to change the polling rate of your keyboard. Go to iCUE and go to your keyboard settings (I think by right clicking your keyboard icon on the main menu)
and try to test different polling rates. My final solution is to try osu with a non backlit(for example a unicomp) keyboard as some games I've played wasn't cooperating with my strafe mk.2 I had a month ago until I used my non backlit keyboard(ducky one). I also agree with wikipedia to delete your razer synapse software completely (if you still have it).
Topic Starter
xMakron

Mamako wrote:

The only solution I can think of now is to change the polling rate of your keyboard. Go to iCUE and go to your keyboard settings (I think by right clicking your keyboard icon on the main menu)
and try to test different polling rates. My final solution is to try osu with a non backlit(for example a unicomp) keyboard as some games I've played wasn't cooperating with my strafe mk.2 I had a month ago until I used my non backlit keyboard(ducky one). I also agree with wikipedia to delete your razer synapse software completely (if you still have it).

Yes i still have razer synapse but somehow im not able to uninstall it. The only polling rate is 1000HZ /msec cant change to a different one.
Topic Starter
xMakron
even witthout any programs installed its still doing it but now its saying that im hitting 30ms early. this game is such a garbage i dont have this problem anywhere else only in osu.