forum

MegaTen discussion (formerly Persona 4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45
I just got P4 (after playing and beating P3) and it's taking a little for me to get used to. The way the dungeons work feel odd cause of the camera angle and it's much harder to sneak up on enemies. Although I do think the Battle System has improved and AI of computers are much better. Most of the time I just let my team do what they want cause I'm used to it, but when it's needed (such as a boss) I'll just take control of all of them.
Zatoichi

rust45 wrote:

and it's much harder to sneak up on enemies
Kehehe
Ivalset
After about floor 5 in the first dungeon, sneaking up on enemies was easy.

Then again, I always used two handed swords/fists in p3, so not much changed in timing.
rust45
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ivalset
Oh, that sounds really boring. I always just run up to them and hit them. Even if they see me first. 55/100 times I get advantage since they're stupid, 44/100 it's just normal, and every now and then I swing early.

I've been doing the same thing in P3P, but it's kind of bad, since enemies get advantage pretty often if they see you on maniac, and with the p4 battle system elements, eating multiple ma-elemental spells is kind of painful.
Mogsy
P1 is still fantastic, guys. Except when it comes to some of the characters. A lot of your party members are unlikeable douches, especially if you go for playing with Ayase in your party.
rust45

Ivalset wrote:

Oh, that sounds really boring. I always just run up to them and hit them. Even if they see me first. 55/100 times I get advantage since they're stupid, 44/100 it's just normal, and every now and then I swing early.
Well it worked well and made it a hell of a lot easier to grind.
Remco32
I love my quicksave/load function

Also bump
Loginer
There's nothing quite like ruining a good game with cheats.
Ivalset
http://www.atlus.com/p3p/home.html

English p3p announced, or at least Atlus finally decided to e-mail me about it.

7/6/10, god damn that's far away.
Bestelle

Ivalset wrote:

7/6/10, god damn that's far away.
Too far... I need mah female lead. Of course I'm also getting it for the extra scenes. Apparently they added moar for the male protagonist.
Leon Magnus
Who are playing the New Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey?
Ivalset
I should be playing this, but I was distracted by disgaea 3 and resonance of fate. Hell, going to play it now.
Mogsy
I would be playing Strange Journey, but I have run out of game money that isn't going towards either Infinite Space or Resonance of Fate. :C
Bestelle
Basically what Mogs said, only with different games.
rust45
My brother got Strange Journey but he's been hogging it all the time. Although since he's got finished with every ending in Devil Survivor, I've been playing that, on the last day on Yuzu's ending, the last battle is fucking hard compared to Loki though.
Ivalset
Gin's route is hilariously awesome.
heintsi

Leon Magnus wrote:

Who are playing the New Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey?
I am, and really hooked to this. i'm on 3rd sector now, bit stuck on part where you are supposed to play "hide-and-seek" with Horkos.. can't find any hidden doors i could be able to open with currect technology i have.
I like this lot more than devil survivor, must be cause of oldschool factor though.

EDIT: Not stuck anymore.
rust45
Well, just beat Yuzu's ending on Devil Survivor after a lot of grinding and fusing much better demons. Still, I think I got lucky with Amane and Inzuna cause I beat both of them first time I initiated battle. I supposed it helped that I had 31 magic and Holy Dance.

On the New Game+ now and it's really easy, can't wait till I get near the end where it might start to be a challenge again.
Ivalset
Damn, playing Strange Journey now. Sooo good. I'd say it's better than Devil Survivor, but that's entirely dependant on what you want from a game; SRPGs are a bit low on my list of enjoyment.
DawnII
Haven't gotten to Strange Journey yet, but I got these Demon Passwords in the e-mail. Dunno if people already know about these.

"Left hand freeze
Right hand shock"
"Prophecy of wind"
"Thick red skin"
"Soothing ice"
rust45

Ivalset wrote:

Damn, playing Strange Journey now. Sooo good. I'd say it's better than Devil Survivor, but that's entirely dependant on what you want from a game; SRPGs are a bit low on my list of enjoyment.
I kinda enjoy SRPGs more due to the fact I get a better feeling of depth in battles. Me, I haven't played Strange Journey much at all (in fact I have to start over cause somehow my brother overwrote my file) but it felt good to play, but I never got to those poison, sleep, and damage floors my brother keeps having trouble with.
Remco32
On what do you guys base which characters you bring in Persona (3/4)? I'm currently playing P3FES and I encounter the same problem I had in P4: I don't know who I should bring. I just keep using the same characters now.
Bestelle
Buffs, attacker, and healer on most cases for P3. This was partly because I went against the final boss with low level Personas(quite literally, most of mine were 10 or more levels below me, and my healer was Titania). Of course while playing through you have to consider elements during the floor boss fights. What they're weak against, they're strengths, etc.
Unless they have neither so just go with whatever works.
Triplicity

Remco32 wrote:

On what do you guys base which characters you bring in Persona (3/4)? I'm currently playing P3FES and I encounter the same problem I had in P4: I don't know who I should bring. I just keep using the same characters now.
I played it ultra safe in P4 and used Yosuke, Yukiko, and Teddie for the majority of the game. A bit lacking in raw damage potential, especially physical, but covers three of the four elements (with the MC picking up the slack of course, Electricity in this case), all three have healing skills, two can revive, and all three buffs are covered with Teddie and Yosuke.
The main weaknesses I ran into other than low damage were that Yukiko and Teddie BOTH don't lose their weaknesses when their personae evolve and naturally, Teddie's walking noise.
Mogsy
Revival of the MegaTen thread due to the N.A. release of Persona 3 Portable.

FeMC actually makes playing through this game again a hell of a lot more worth it. Interesting to see how the game works in this new perspective. It is still P3 with a P4 skin, though, so if you enjoyed how P4 functioned (direct control of party members, protag only being able to equip one weapon type, square-jump, etc.), you'd enjoy how P3P plays.
Remco32
Almost done with Persona 3 btw. I'm loving it.
Ivalset
Man, I got like the best skillchange on a Principality.

Does like 2-4 hits of 100-150 slash damage to all foes, pretty high hit rate too. I think it's the Persona 4 version, because I remember the persona 3 version being 1-3 hits or singletarget. Probably just going to use him the entire game and just add skills to him with skillcards.

Maniac is a breeze so far, aside from a few gigas sonic punch ohkos.
rust45
I haven't done maniac yet, I'm planning on doing it with the male MC after a do a couple playthroughs with the female. I am enjoying the new stuff for the female MC though. So far I'm close to the first full moon battle.
Ivalset
Oh man, the Vision Quest bosses are pretty awesome. Sure, they're just rehashes of old fights, but they're actually pretty difficult at around level 70. The puzzle rooms are cool too, and give a shitload of items (like 10 of each king card, 10 of each queen card, and several skill cards: arms master, spell master, power charge, mind charge, enduring soul)

Whee, random pics. Shuffle time screenshots always look awesome to me, everyone is just sort of doing their own thing.

Santa and maid outfits.

And the succubus I've been using for the entire game. Skillcards are ridiculous.

rust45
Holy crap, max Strength at level 67? How'd you pull that off?
Ivalset
Some Kings of Swords. I had a lot of onyx lying around, so I put them to use. It's now level 85 with 99/99/72/94/99.
Remco32
So I just got to the last part op Persona 3, and I have a question about it.
So for killing the last miniboss in Tartarus the Nix annihilation team social link got maxed. Since Nix is 'unbeatable', am I supposed to fuse Messiah in order to win the battle?
Please don't use spoilers :(
GladiOol

Remco32 wrote:

So for killing the last miniboss in Tartarus the Nix annihilation team social link got maxed. Since Nix is 'unbeatable', am I supposed to fuse Messiah in order to win the battle?
SPOILER IT DO IT
Ivalset

Remco32 wrote:

No, not at all. The last boss of persona 4 was supposedly unbeatable as well.
Remco32
That saves me some grinding, thanks.
Remco32
I finally finished Persona 3: FES. The final boss took me 100 minutes.
The credits are now rolling and I still have some burning question
Didn't the PC die after fighting Nix?
What happened after the PC closed his eyes on the roof with Aigis?
If you killed Rioyi (or how you're supposed to spell it), life just goes one and the world didn't end. How could that happen?

What happens in The Answer?
What is different in new game +?

Persona 3 is an awesome game. Might be the best JRPG I have ever played. The ingame counter says that I played for 70 hours. I'm not sure how accurate that is, since I was playing on an emulator speeding up thing and quicksaving/loading.
Bestelle

Remco32 wrote:

Didn't the PC die after fighting Nix?
What happened after the PC closed his eyes on the roof with Aigis?
If you killed Rioyi (or how you're supposed to spell it), life just goes one and the world didn't end. How could that happen?
1. Explained in The Answer
2. Explained in the Answer, ask someone else to tell you for I am lazy.
3.Technically, it does. The ending on that is showing they're oblivious about what's going to happen. So they don't know that the world is in fact going to end, hence the whole partying, etc.
Mogsy
So, I actually want thoughts on Nocturne. Since I'm possibly getting it in a few days. So, thoughts.
rust45
I've played a bit of Nocturne, playing it on hard mode, died in the tutorial fight. When I got to Matador and couldn't beat him after hours of grinding, I went "fuck this" and started a normal playthrough. Haven't gotten to where I am in the hard file though.
show more