forum

MegaTen discussion (formerly Persona 4)

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp
I want to pick up Overclocked for the 3DS, soon as I see it for 20bux-ish.
Dafydd
I apologize for grave digging, but I'm planning to play Persona soon.
Sooo, should I start playing from the first Persona (are Persona 2,3,4 sequels?) or each game isn't related to one another?
I don't mind the graphics, I'm a lot interested on the story.
Ivalset
They're not really related, except for Persona 2, where Eternal Punishment is a sequel to Innocent Sin.

I would probably start with Persona 4 or Persona 3: FES/Persona 3 Portable, and if you enjoy those, then work your way back. Persona 1 is a little shaky, and both Persona 2 games are awesome though a little bit more complex and slightly harder to break into.
Dafydd
After researching and reading yer post, I''ll start on Persona 3 and then the rest will follow.
Thanks. :D
Remco32
Protip, don't play P3 but go for P3:FES, it's the enhanced edition.
Dafydd
Protip noted. Thank you. :D
awp
I started with Persona 4, and it was the best RPG I've ever played, I think

P3 FES is still good, and does some things better than P4 though
DavisWTG
So, I just checked some videos to P4A again, and noticed something - seems like the game will get two more characters, as recent screenshots show two more icons. And there are already plenty of guesses on Youtube about the new characters, especially since one of the character themes is confirmed to be I'll Face Myself. Well, I'm still hoping Adachi manages it to get in...

Also, there was an interesting announcement last week that I didn't notice up until now. Guess that we're getting another 3DS-remake of a SMT game, though this time, it's one that never reached the US or Europe. Also, it seems like Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 will finally reach Europe... I guess I finally have a reason to get a 3DS then. Too bad that I already imported Devil Survivor 2, though.
DavisWTG
http://megaten4.jp/

Now doesn't this look awesome? I just came across this site a few hours ago. Hopefully, they'll update that page soon.
rust45
So Persona 4 Arena came out today. Anyone else have it? It's pretty fun, though all I've done are some random battles with my brother.
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

So Persona 4 Arena came out today. Anyone else have it? It's pretty fun, though all I've done are some random battles with my brother.
My brother got it. I watched him go through the first two battles in Yu's chapter in story mode, though he's making me watch the anime before I can play it myself. :(
rust45
What system do you have it on? Xbox or PS3? I got it on Xbox.
Ekaru

rust45 wrote:

What system do you have it on? Xbox or PS3? I got it on Xbox.
PS3 because that's the system real men have.
rust45
Hey, don't get me wrong, I really like the PS3 and I have one. But I get my multi-console games on Xbox because I'm paying for Xbox Live so I might as well use it. And I have more RL friends with Xboxs.
awp
the X360's control pad is kind of shit though
rust45
Yeah... but I don't really like use the control pad for fighters anyway, I know it's technically better, but I can't stand using either control pad for fighters. And since I use the analog stick, that doesn't even matter between systems.

But still, we should be talking about the game. I'm really liking Naoto, but Akihiko interests me as well. I would be messing with both of them right now, but my brother is currently playing.
Ivalset
Yup, picked it up today for ps3.

Already been bodied hard by Mafiamaster!
Norbi
I think these kind of fighters are better played with the D-Pad. Also, I'd get the game for PS3 (I don't own a PS3 or a XBox360 yet. orz). Judging from some gameplay videos, mostly the tutorial and moveset ones Atlus shared, I'd porbably use Naoto and Elizabeth as my main characters. (Those One-Hit KO moves can be deadly! Even if you have to be lucky.)
rust45
All my online games of Naoto have ended in failure. So I've decided to spend some time in training with her. I really like her fate counter system and it's great if I can manage to get the enemy to zero, because I have a pretty sure fire way of getting Mudoon off.

EDIT: Techno Remix of Aria of the Soul is badass.
Cyclone
Got this for ps3. Been fun so far.

Fucking arksys though, I can't do these combos
xerxes_oli

DavisWTG wrote:

http://megaten4.jp/

Now doesn't this look awesome? I just came across this site a few hours ago. Hopefully, they'll update that page soon.
AHH it's coming out on 3DS, AMAZING!
HakuNoKaemi
A little Teaser of Persona 3 the Movie has been released
Ekaru

Cyclone wrote:

Got this for ps3. Been fun so far.

Fucking arksys though, I can't do these combos
Oh, oh, I can do the auto combo! Does that count?
HakuNoKaemi
Auto-combo have lowered damage

and in Blaz Blue with my characters I was better without the Beginner Mode that with, even by just knowing some short combos and failing to do Distortions
rust45
I don't really mind the autocombos much (I first loathed the idea, but it's not so bad now) but I think Yu's autocombo was way too much damage for being an autocombo. Everytime one manages to hit me with it, I seem to lose close to a fourth of my health.
Cyclone
Every time Elizabeth does her 60+ hit combo against me in story mode I just start busting out laughing, since nobody else usually gets much in on me.

Also holy shit this story mode.
Mafiamaster
What? Cyclone has a PS3 and P4A?

What's your PSN? We could play together sometime!
Cyclone
Uh, when I get home I'll see exactly how I made my psn. I think it's white-zephyr, including the hyphen, but I'll let you know for sure tonight.
Ivalset

Cyclone wrote:

Uh, when I get home I'll see exactly how I made my psn. I think it's white-zephyr, including the hyphen, but I'll let you know for sure tonight.
I'm laughing so hard right now.
awp
you won't be laughing when he makes you swim in your own blood
Cyclone
Yeah that's my PSN. Also, glad I can make you laugh Ival.
Ekaru
Played through Labrys's story earlier. It's very sad.
rust45

Ekaru wrote:

Played through Labrys's story earlier. It's very sad.
Tell me about it. I think the worst part was when she got the voice file of her mother.
Cyclone
Mafia, we should play tonight. Also if anybody else wants in and has psn. I need to fail as labrys more.
Mafiamaster
Sure, just shoot me a message on the PSN whenever you want.
Ekaru

Cyclone wrote:

Mafia, we should play tonight. Also if anybody else wants in and has psn. I need to fail as labrys more.
I guarantee you that I fail as Chie more, since I haven't played fighting games much. ;P At least I know a few combos now, though. PSN: PreyingShark
Cyclone
Well thanks to mafia and ival i've figured out some things with labrys. a fun night of p4a to be certain. Ekaru, you should have caught me on IRC to join in. I'll let you know when we're playing again though.
Ivalset
I would complain about my losses, but I literally hate fighting against every single character in this game as Naoto for wildly different reasons. Which is dreadful because I really enjoy playing Naoto.
rust45
What do you hate when fighting other characters? Really the only ones I can't stand as Naoto are Mitsuru (Massive range) and Yukiko (always seem to outzone me) Everyone else I'm fine with going against.
Cyclone
Well, I was playing labrys, and labrys hurts. Take into account naoto only has 8000 health.... Also take into account her long range normal attacks.
show more