forum

The Sun.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Serraionga
The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It is a nearly perfect sphere of hot plasma, with internal convective motion that generates a magnetic field via a dynamo process. It is by far the most important source of energy for life on Earth. Its diameter is about 1.39 million kilometers, or 109 times that of Earth, and its mass is about 330,000 times that of Earth. It accounts for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System. Roughly three quarters of the Sun's mass consists of hydrogen; the rest is mostly helium, with much smaller quantities of heavier elements, including oxygen, carbon, neon, and iron.

(yes that's my cat)
The Sun is a G-type main-sequence star based on its spectral class. As such, it is informally and not completely accurately referred to as a yellow dwarf (its light is closer to white than yellow). It formed approximately 4.6 billion years ago from the gravitational collapse of matter within a region of a large molecular cloud. Most of this matter gathered in the center, whereas the rest flattened into an orbiting disk that became the Solar System. The central mass became so hot and dense that it eventually initiated nuclear fusion in its core. It is thought that almost all stars form by this process.

Information
Let the light save you.

Destination: Columbus Day
Coordinates: X: 999759.0953 / Y: 993969.9010
Environment: Empty Void, a fragment of another world
Temperature: -7 sp6a͏g̀̕h̴̸͟s̡͝g͏҉̕͢͜&̧/̀͏͘͞65 units
Distinct features: Yes, my liege!

The sun has also garnered positive comments on Twitter.

It has also become the topic of discussions on YouTube.

Realities
So ̡you o̸r͢ ͢youŕ ͜l͡ov͟ed ͠onęs h̸av͡e de̕c͝i͝d҉éd͡ ҉t̡o͏ ͞tu͟rn a͝ ͘n̶ew̷ l̨eaf̡ ́t̵o͠ ̧p̧u̢t́ ̢exer̸c̸i̵se͘ b̨a̴ck̀ ́ǫn̛ th̡e̴ a̵g͝e̛ńd̵a.̶ B͟ut ͝w̕inter ͏is co͢m̡i̛ng͢, ͡thę ̧da͏ỳs̸ sḩo̕ŕt̡e͏n, ͞and ͡a̕ challe͠ng̶e ͏em̢er̨ges. ̴D͞o͢ ͏y͝o̸u͘ ͠fe̕el ̴safe͢ h́ead̕ing͘ ͟o̵ut f͏or ̕a w̡a͢l͝k͟ o̶r͠ ̕run ́in t͞h̛e̢ m̷ǫrǹing ͏d̸arknes̵s?̨

(Careful: do not click this image.)

Your efforts are me̛a̧ni͘ng̴l҉e̵s͢s.

̩̪͇͉̗̦̠̥ ̰͙̟̦͖̻̻̞ ̮̹̰̩̲̭̫̹̺͖̝̥ ̯̞̻̫̠̖̼ ̣͖̳̮̮̮̥͓͕͙͚̤̙͕ ̤̠̦̫̭̝͔̦͉̹͚̲̤͔͇ͅ ͈͕͙͇̖̩̗̰͎̻͔̥̥̠ ̮̝̘̯̦͖͖ ̜̥̼͙̯͍̰̯̬̪̦̟̱͖ ̹͎͇̪̱̲̥̩̠ͅ ͈͔̘̲̪̗͈̱̠̼̖͍̫͇ ͉͔̺͕͉̫̤͎̭̙̱̲̳̟̙ ͓͕͇̰̯̰͕̳̞͓̪̠̯̹͖͓ ̖͍̺̫̥̗̺̫̟ ̥̹͓̗̖̝ ͎̙̥̼̲̪̼͖̖̙̝͓̮̱̫͇ ̩̫̮̬͉̝̖ͅ ̲͈͙̩̭̺̪̥̰̞̯̪̗͕̖̟̲ ͓̫͎͔͔̺͓͉̳̖͍̻ ̻̝̖̥̫͇̯͎̮̣͖̯͎̩ͅ ̞̞̥̜̮̟̥͍̰̹̺ ̹̫͍̩̮͈͔͍̪̘͚̻͇̤ ̳̯͈͓ ̱̙͈͓̟̖̙̙̤̪͎ ̦͚͕͎̦̜̦ ̙̝͚ ̜̠̱̬̞̞͍̝͙̻̞̹͙̮̟
Tad Fibonacci
Who doesn't love the sun?

If only I can be so grossly incandescent.

PRAISE THE SUN!!!!
Topic Starter
Serraionga

One of the best suns out there.
abraker
I think Serrai wants toD̀́͘͡aT̨̕͞͝͝À́͟É́͜P͟͢͏̕͢Ư̧͟N̷̢͢͝͞G̢͟͟͜E̴̢̡͘D͏͠ the sun
TeeArctic1

We shall all be victims of the sun one day
abraker
Ashton
Do people forget [url=] exists?
levesterz
praise The Sun
Carmlillball
I do like the sun. Better than the rain. The rain gets all over my glasses and that sucks!
Meah
Hallelujah
abraker
This is why we cant have good things
Myke Madeline
This is my sun.

abraker
levesterz
Is that the eye of sharon from lord of the ring trilogy?
Westonini
looking at sun makes eyes hurted
ColdTooth
Serrai, are you okay?
abraker
THE SUN IS A DEADLY LAZER
Carmlillball

abraker wrote:

THE SUN IS A DEADLY LAZER

Never mind, there's a blanket.
Tad Fibonacci
Tired at living at the bottom of the ocean?

NOW YOU CAN EAT SUNLIGHT!
Using a revolutionary technique you can now turn sunlight into food.

TASTE THE SUUUUUUNNN

Side effects: now there's oxygen everywhere.
Topic Starter
Serraionga

ColdTooth wrote:

Serrai, are you okay?
You just had to get a new page in my yearly thread.

No, I'm not okay. I'm terribly VEXED,
Myke Madeline
Mira mano yo te voy a dar donde no te da el SUN XD
ColdTooth
w
Meah
Who da son
abraker
testing 123
- Roman -
wha... i thought the sun was a planet....
Uni
Praise the moon
Topic Starter
Serraionga
Good night uni

wb
abraker
y33t