forum

[Archived] Tablet Initialisation failed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stoicus
Problem details:

Hello, I have the XP-PEN G640S and after installing its driver it seems to be working however whenever I press the pen button the cursor does a little jump or lags for a split second which can be a problem. I wasn't able to find a fix for this but I believe that I need to have the "OS Tablet PC Support" activated in the osu settings which could potentially resolve this. However, when I try to activate this, I get a message in the bottom right "saying tablet initialisation failed" and I couldn't find any fix for this online either.
Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://imgur.com/iAEqSJm

osu! version: Stable 20190611.2 (latest)
Nigrod
Is that pen button assigned to something? Set the pen button to "No Action" see if that helps. Also considering your drivers are up to date I would try reinstalling the drivers if you haven't already.
Topic Starter
Stoicus
No, the pen buttons are assigned to nothing and are all set to no action as you have stated. I have reinstalled the drivers and the issue still persists. Even when I'm not playing osu my cursor will jump ecstatically when pressing the button and I don't know what to do...
Death
I don't think having that option enabled will fix this issue anyway. Based on the same issue popping up in the past, I'm pretty sure either disabling Windows ink or Support TabletPC in your tablet drivers sometimes fixes this and sometimes doesn't, so I would try that.
Topic Starter
Stoicus
The windows ink manages to stop the cursor from staying in a fixed position in the top left corner but it doesn't stop the cursor from doing little jumps when the button is pressed. As for the SupportTabletPC, I do not have that option in my tablet driver as you can see here https://imgur.com/a/G9rSwGk so I dont think i can do it through there.

Either way for anyone else who has this issue what i did was i removed the buttons myself out of the pen and now it's working fine so I guess that's one option.
Death
Some tablet drivers have a Windows ink checkbox, others have a Support Tablet PC checkbox. Yours has the former.

And yeah, physically removing the buttons from the pen is the only other solution to this issue that I know of, so I guess it'll probably have to stay like that.