forum

Announcing the OT!Parliament Election of 2019.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Achromalia

~ Presidential Announcement: The OT!Parliament Election of 2019. ~

To ensure that denizens be represented in OT, we must elect officials who will properly voice the wishes of denizenkind, and uphold the OT!Constitution and all laws in place. Each and every one of you denizens have the opportunity to participate in this essential election, whereas there must be no less than four final cabinet members. As always, any denizen may vote in later stages, but you may also run for the position yourself and oversee legislation, protecting every denizen right for the sake of OT.

To clarify, the OTParliament has the duty to:

a) Set and absolve laws; set taxes, fees, tolls and other official burdens.

b) Keep track and uphold official institutions.

c) Keep track of and uphold intra-forum industry.

d) Administrate the OTPD and other government agencies.

e) Ensure quality remains within the forums.

- - -

All potential OT!Parliament candidates will be registering here.

There is no discrimination, any OT denizen can register, provided that they send a valid entry. There will be a few requirements to enter for registration, but aside from said requirements, the candidates are urged to share whatever else they believe would help them in their campaign.

You are encouraged to be creative, but any kind of bribery is strictly forbidden and will be immediately disqualified from the election.

Secretary Tad will be hosting the election itself.

The election itself shall last a week and will be taking place in a week. Be prepared.

- - -

Your entry for registration will need to contain the following to be considered valid:

1) Introductions. (Username, and whatever the hell you'd like to introduce yourself with.)

2) Motivations for registration and intentions when holding public office.

- - -

Here's a textbook example of an entry we may consider:

" Heya. I'm xxxxxxxxxxx.

I am inclined to hold office as a member of the OT!Parliament for x, y, & z reasons. I believe I can do good for others in holding this position.

Once I can become a member of the OT!Parliament, I hope to work towards enforcing the OT!Constitution and advocating for the rights of denizens. "
'

List of confirmed registered candidates for OT!Parliament:

1) Abraker.

2) Ashton.

3) Zain.

4) Penguin.

5) Tee.

6) Vuelo.

>

>

>
abraker
Everyone knows me here, so let's cut to the chase. As the head of OT Royal Society of Quality I organized the current temporary governing body, and have taken on the very roles that an OTParliament member would take on. Now we need to set laws in OT that state penalties for violations as well as laying foundations for motivating people to producing quality content.

Let me address some of the key issues OT is facing today:

There some foreign denizens keep mistaking OT for something else. Take this poor fellow here. One of my priorities will be to ensure that content that belongs in OT stays in OT and content that does not belong in OT goes to its appropriate place.

Some threads like these are common OT, yet not terribly lack quality. I would love to see higher quality threads sometime. Some may think that such threads are best to be purged, but frankly this doesn't work when OT is not all too well active. There needs to be encouragement and stimulation for higher quality threads.

Which brings me to my last point. OT has been slow as of late. Historically it's been a lot more active. It made me realize that there are not enough, pardon the term "newfags", coming in, much less that are sticking around. I hope to bring an influx of new interests into OT to make it a bustling community as it once was.
Topic Starter
Achromalia
abraker's entry for registration confirmed.

here goes.
Ashton
Ashton

I want to have power in ot
Zain Sugieres
Here's a textbook example of an entry we may consider:

" Heya. I'm zain sugieres
:roll:
I am inclined to hold office as a member of the OT!Parliament for beinb cool, y, & z reasons. I believe I can do good for others in holding this position.

Once I can become a member of the OT!Parliament, I hope to work towards enforcing the OT!Constitution and advocating for the rights of denizens. "
'
Zain Sugieres
im also the leader and only member of thr zain sugieres poliutical party
Topic Starter
Achromalia
Ashton -- questionable motivations, but fair enough.

Zain -- wants to be a member for "beinb cool, y & z". just another day at the forums, I assume?

Despite low-effort entries and absolutely terrifying implications for our base of candidates, Ashton and Zain are confirmed for registration.
Penguin
"Heya. I'm Penguin.

I'm the perfect candidate for this position due to two clear reasons. Everybody hates politicians and I'm rarely here in OT! It's a perfect combo! You'll never have to deal with shitty politicians at all because I'll be gone for months at a time!

Once I can become a member of the OT!Parliament, I hope you guys will never have to deal with me! "
Topic Starter
Achromalia
Penguin -- it's kind of conflicting to consider this entry since you don't seem to even really want to be involved with this anyways... agh. hard decisions.

Nonetheless, Penguin has registered and shall be included.
ColdTooth
official furfag

do not include unless you want a bad time
levesterz
I like trains
TeeArctic1

Boo, am Tee, residential penguin overlord of OT, checking in.

Introductions aside, let's get down to business. Politics is kind of my schtick, and OT is kind of a part of me now. It's why I started the OTConstitution work in the first place, why I ploughed through four actual constitutions to write the entire thing, and it's why I'm here today, saying that I'm willing to plough through several lawbooks for you too.

My, and likely your goal, too, is to make OT as great as it can be. With me in parliament, my large avian forces will be able to expel unwanted shitposting immigrants, exterminate all ducks, research Serrai's portal system as an intra-forum transport system and integrate more newfags into our community so it may flourish once more and so that our culture lives on.

Thanks
Vuelo Eluko
I am Riince.

Need money to buy my wife nice clothes.
Topic Starter
Achromalia
Tee -- impressive.

Vuelo -- a noble cause.

- - -

Well, both Tee and Vuelo have valid entries, so the both of you shall be registered.
ColdTooth
thank god he didnt add me
Westonini
can i sign other people up