forum

[2v2] Stan Osu Tournament [50k - 200k] [REG CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stan

Information

#blamestan whenever something goes wrong

To sign up simply join our discord server and check in #announcements.
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/SGzwVPa

Rules:
- Rank Limit is between #50,000 and #200,000.
- Overranking is never allowed.
- Mappoolers are not allowed to participate.
- Signups end 22nd of June 2019.
- Not showing up to matches will cause a loss unless you join max 15 minutes late to the match.
- Rescheduling is allowed 1 or more day(s) before the match, as long as both teams agree to the new date and/or time.
- Matches have to be played with one of our referees
- If there is evidence of one of your teammates showing suspicious behavior we might disqualify your team.

- Mappools will have the categories: HR, DT, HD, Nomod and Freemod (Qualifiers doesn't have Freemod)
- Matches will be in osu! standard
- Matches will be played with score v2
- Prize will be determined later. (Value will be around 3mo of osu! supporter, most likely)
- Teams are in sizes of 2
- 85 teams in total (big pog)
- As many as possible matches will be streamed to https://www.twitch.tv/stan_yeet

Schedule

June 15th - June 22nd | Signups
June 22nd | Mappool Qualifiers
June 29th - July 6th | Qualifiers
July 6th | Mappool Group Stages
July 13th - August 3rd | Group Stages
August 3rd | Mappool Top 16 and Top 8
August 6th - August 10th | Top 16 + Top 8
August 10th | Mappool Top 4 and Finals
August 13th | Top 4 and Finals

pxnda_osu
Stan paid me to reply
Tsugokai
Stan is the best Host please join
Enzo_
imma join
MinuteMark
I will join Niceu Niceu
Minugem
uwu
Sailaa
i can't play because i don't have a partner but i'm very flattered to be invited
zwii
There is a "looking for team" channel so those without a partner still could play, but it's not something to be relied upon
Seaweed
This post lacks a lot of very important information.
What are the team sizes?
Any prizes?
Best of for each stage?
Which game mode?
How many teams will play?
Is there a spreadsheet?

That's all the missing things I can think of off the top of my head, I suggest you address all these today.
CalmHyper
I'll join too i guess
Tsugokai

Seaweed wrote:

This post lacks a lot of very important information.
What are the team sizes?
Any prizes?
Best of for each stage?
Which game mode?
How many teams will play?
Is there a spreadsheet?

That's all the missing things I can think of off the top of my head, I suggest you address all these today.

Hello, sorry if the forum post lacks information, I'll answer here really quick.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

* Team sizes are teams of 2, as said in the title of the post.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

* The prizes should be one month of supporter, but since the Host isn't answering me right now, I don't know if it'll be 1 month of supporter for each team members, or if it's 1 month divided into 2 for each team members.
* Qualifiers will have every team play every maps in the Qualifier pool. Though you will not compete against anyone directly, you will be placed on a global leaderboard where the top X teams will go through to the next round. Note that the maps in the Qualifiers may seem either too easy or too hard.

Group stage will have four teams in a "group" with every team facing the other teams one by one in a 2v2 match. This will be a Best of 5, where you will gain points by the amount of points you get
during your match. The two teams that get the most points in their group move on to the next stage.

Elimination stage is where the 16 winners of the last round will play. These will be 2v2 matches, that should be BO5 unless we change it. The winning team will move to the Top 8, while the losing team will move to the loser brackets. The loser brackets will be the "Second chance" for players to stay in the tourney after they lost a match in the Elimination stage. Loser brackets will play out the same as the Elimination stage. The winner of loser brackets will face of the undefeated winner of the normal brackets in the Grand Finals. If the winner of loser brackets wins the match, there will be a bracket reset, where there will be a second chance for the loser of that match to win, and the match will be "replayed". This is done because the winner of loser brackets has already lost once in the past but the winner of the normal brackets still hadn't lost until that point, so this will be his second chance. The finals will be Best of 7, and there's a possibility semis will be too.

*This is an STD Tourney. The mod categories that will be required to play are no mod, DT, HR, HD and freemod.

* We don't know how many people will sign up so this might shift a little but Elimination stage will have 16 players playing normally.

* The spreadsheet is not released yet.

If you have any other questions be sure to either ask on the discord or reply to this :D
-TouhouNerd-
Stan kidnaps my family if you don't join, so please
Thonkkk
dont join guys its a trap
cavoeboy
don't hesitate to ask experienced people for help, if your tourney fails it will be bad reputation for any future tourneys.
mcstankyleg
yikes better practice more
Fumssi
KuraiyDarkness
i'm in ♥
ArcherBaba
im joining!
Gopal12
Pog
Jonkotovenaar
i'm in lmao
Astixx