forum

[osu!std] Strafe Solo Series I | 5-10k to 90-120k | [REGISTRATIONS CLOSED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theLINguy

Strafe is back with their long-awaited 1v1 division-based tournament, and under a new name no less: Strafe Solo Series! If you've participated in one of our tournaments before, you might be asking what's up with the tournament title revamp. Due to the amount of changes Strafe has undergone over the past few months, we've decided it would be best to start anew under a fresh name! This tournament will be the catalyst of many upcoming events within the Strafe community and I hope you join us in this opening tournament!

1. To participate you must register and join the Discord server. Once in the Discord server make sure to have your nickname match your osu! username exactly.
  2. This is an osu!standard 1v1 tournament.
  3. There will be 5 separate rank-based divisions. Each with their own qualifiers, bracket, and mappools.
  4. This tournament has no participant cap and features a qualifiers stage followed by a 12-player double elimination bracket.
  5. Matches will be played with ScoreV2 and Head to Head.
  6. Qualifier results will be ranked by players' combined score across all maps in the qualifiers pool. The top 12 of each division will move onto their respective brackets and are seeded based off their qualifiers ranking.
  7. Qualifiers mappool will be slightly harder than Round of 12 and Quarterfinals mappools.
  8. There will be a total of 6 mappools throughout the tournament. Mappools will be released after all matches over the respective weekend end.
  9. Matches will be played on Saturday and Sunday. If needed, weekday matches are permitted if agreed upon.
  10. All matches will be scheduled based off the players' preferred time zones. Qualifiers lobby assignments will also do the same.
  11. The time zone being used throughout the tournament will be UTC, please familiarize yourself with it.
  12. All matches within the top 3 or top 2 (TBD) in each division will be streamed.

The 5 divisions are as follows:
  1. Division 1: 5,000 - 9,999
  2. Division 2: 10,000 - 29,999
  3. Division 3: 30,000 - 59,999
  4. Division 4: 60,000 - 89,999
  5. Division 5: 90,000 - 120,000
Division placement is based on rank at registration. Once you're registered, there is an upper 1,000 rank buffer based off whichever division you are placed in. If violated, you will be disqualified from the event - no exceptions. (The buffer is only in effect during registration phase, once the tournament starts feel free to do whatever.)

1. Registration: June 15th - July 1st | Screenings will occur during this phase.
  2. Qualifiers schedule and mappool: July 1st/2nd (TBD)
  3. Qualifiers: July 6th - 7th | We are flexible for weekday qualifiers also if needed.
  4. Round of 12: July 13th - 14th | Best of 7
  5. Quarterfinals: July 20th - 21st | Best of 7
  6. Semifinals: July 27th - 28th | Best of 9
  7. Finals: August 3rd - 4th | Best of 9
  8. Grand Finals: August 10th - 11th | Best of 11
This tournament will span over 6 weeks of matches, each week having its own unique mappool per division.

1. Players have a 10 minute grace period. If 10 minutes have passed since the scheduled match time and a player is not present, their opponent will be given a win by default.
  2. Warm-up maps cannot exceed 5:00 in length. The referee will give players host temporarily for the purpose of warm-ups.
  3. Each player is allowed 1 ban.
  4. Only roll when the referee has prompted you to. Winner of the roll gets 1st warm-up, 2nd ban, and 1st pick.
  5. Failed scores do not count.
  6. If a player has a genuine disconnect within the first 30 seconds of a map, the map will be replayed. However during qualifiers this rule does not apply, disconnecting is treated as a fail.
  7. Displaying intentional disruption or toxicity during a match will be met with a warning, continuing to do so after the warning is grounds for a match loss.
  8. Players are expected to have the match progress in a timely manner. This is also enforced by a 90-second timer for each ban or pick that takes place. Failure to ban will result in no ban and failure to pick will result in the pick transferring over to the opponent.
  9. Maps in the 'Free Mod' bracket requires players to use at least 1 mod. Permitted mods are HD, HR, FL.
  10. Permitted mods are allowed in the case of a Tiebreaker, but not required.
  11. Staff members are allowed to participate in the tournament, but they may not participate in any staff context pertaining to their division. Mappool Selectors may not pool and Referees may not ref their own division. Tournament Organizers may not participate in any capacity.
  12. All qualifiers mappools contain: 4NM, 2HD, 2HR, 2DT. All maps will be played once during qualifiers.
  13. Bracket mappools will scale in size according to the current 'Best of'.

The winner of each division will receive 1 month of osu!supporter as a prize!

zts
siema
HAEN24
siema
gaming
siema
JaxxG
hypeeddd!!!
CANMaple
Jax promised me, that i will win this tournament if i posted
MrStelpan1
Hypuuu, let's do this!
JaxxG

CANMaple wrote:

Jax promised me, that i will win this tournament if i posted

Yeah no scam!
Brenyku
don't read it's cringe lol
100% of the admins are pedophiles, pls join 4 some extra fun ;)
JaxxG

Brenyku wrote:

that's a lie and you know it...
spIyrg

JaxxG wrote:

Brenyku wrote:

that's a lie and you know it...

Press X to doubt

Okay seriously though, hopefully it runs well again.
MrStelpan1
uwu
Meeoro
haven't been this excited since... uhh, the previous one finished?

in other words: hypeeee
Topic Starter
theLINguy
Registration Phase - Day 13/16 Numbers Update

Total players: 91

Division 1: 23
Division 2: 22
Division 3: 18
Division 4: 12
Division 5: 16

Thank you to all who have registered so far! Registrations close on July 1st.
Inspiringly
uwu hyped
Nawala
uwu