forum

Motivation through rust?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
--alice
I found work over the summer, but I always end up coming home tired and not launching osu!. as a result, every time I do launch it, I feel like a living bucket of rust. This might be even worse because I'm a DT main /shrug. Anyways, to anyone who has dealt with rust, how do you do it? I find it really difficult to keep my motivation when I can't even get close to repeating my past plays :'(
DXPOHIHIHI
just play
dung eater
A nap or sleep is nice.
Vuelo Eluko
i was banned for a yr and a half and im still not where i was, basically im an entirely different player with a different skillset now. One summer shouldn't be that bad though, just play and within a week or so you should be back to old form
Rikii
Not really offline, but I was playing like 1/2 maps per week. I found chill people on multi lobby and that since they were catching up with me, I was motivated to play like before.
Clappy
Break out of your comfort zone - try different tapping styles (index, middle and alt), try older maps (the old ar 6 ones), try hr and download all the maps you can, don't spam retry a lot, and be consistent. I'm making the transition to HR with some DT sprinkled in here and there and i'm getting there slowly but surely. PS: eat healthy (I'm a hypocrite).
Equbuxu
Try waking up earlier and playing before going to work
MrSparklepants
I wanna be on tier with my osu! role model Hugofrost, which will probably never happen, but the thought of being the same rank as him motivates me to keep playing even when I'm rusty or I'm stuck at a skill wall.
dung eater
Playing with fun skins, no dim videos/sb and/or fun maps has made me play when game seemed dull otherwise.