forum

[resolved] osu folder in Roaming folder in AppData

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Napoca
Problem details:
I was wondering if I could delete the osu folder in the Roaming folder of AppData.
I don't have too much space left on my computer and I already moved my song folder to a different hard drive. I know that the osu folder in Local is required, but I was wondering if the folder in Roaming can be cleared or if it has important files.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Screenshot

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190612
Nathanael
You can move the whole game folder to somewhere else, even in a portable drive.
Topic Starter
Napoca

Nathanael wrote:

You can move the whole game folder to somewhere else, even in a portable drive.

That doesn't answer my question of "Can you DELETE the "osu" folder in the "Roaming" folder that's in "AppData"?"
I know that I can move the game folder (that is in Local instead of Roaming), but I was asking about the folder in Roaming, not Local.
Death
That folder is for osu!lazer.

You should be able to delete it if you don't care about having lazer installed, but deleting it will delete lazer's files or break the game entirely (not sure which one but assume the worst). Deleting it will do nothing to your stable installation.
Topic Starter
Napoca

Death wrote:

That folder is for osu!lazer.

You should be able to delete it if you don't care about having lazer installed, but deleting it will delete lazer's files or break the game entirely (not sure which one but assume the worst). Deleting it will do nothing to your stable installation.

Thanks!
I didn't realize since the osu!lazer folder I knew about was called osu!lazer
Death
Yeah, not sure why there are two folders in separate locations but I'm sure there's a good reason for it.