forum

[crush update 6] I need some advice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ashton
(This is one of the most hormonal things I’ve posted on here)

With the school year coming to an end, I really want to ask my crush about how she feels about me.

She seems to enjoy my company with the conversations we do have. (Could be just me being over observant)

I obviously don’t want to come of as creepy or embarrass myself, so I won’t be trying to hand out origami hearts

But I do want to ask her, even if I get rejected (which I’d imagine is likely) at least in a years time if we don’t see each other often then I won’t be beating myself up for not at least trying.

Please tell me things that I might do that I’ll regret...

I need some advice on how I should approach this. I’m also posting this to the Reddit in r/crushes because sometimes this forum can be.... unreliable.
abraker
Can't be worse than this
ColdTooth
just act normal
Achromalia
eh. i don't have any particularly great advice, but yeah. being natural and acting like you typically do can be a fair approach. it helps to just show that you're genuine and that you're responding as you would respond. whether that means you respond nervously, or something, that's fine. it's still natural, and much more genuine.
Meah
Add her on facebook
Plini
I believe that us men are doomed with relationships, because we cant have women friends and yet we have to have them to make sure our social status and respect are kept in place. Don't get me wrong, I do have a lot of women friends, but if you ask me, I do see them as a possible partner in an uncertain future, and just having a sexual interest on someone fails in the terms of a friendly relationship, because all your behavior changes based on having a different goal in that 'friendship', and that's something that it's in our biology, we're animals after all.

The thing is, women doesn't has the same problem as us. They can have a friendly relationship with a lot of guys and never see them as a possible partner. So if you really think she's enjoying your companny, you don't have to confuse things, she could be passing the best time of her life with you and still not having any sexual interest in you.

I'm not saying this to make you hold back, life is about taking risks and experimenting failure even when everything seemed to be going so well, so if you really want to confess your feelings you have to be prepared for the worst, and for the best at the same time. But always make sure to take something good from that experience.

Now, imo those are not signs of she having a sexual interest in you, probably a good friendly relationship. Nowadays, it's sad but friendly relationships are terribly underrated, when they can be as good or better than a lovers relationship, don't be afraid of that friendzone, it could be a lot better than what the actual paradigm makes us think.

Dont be afraid to show your feelings, emotions is what makes us humans, suppressing them is terribly bad for our body, so if you feel like you have to go for it, then do it with a big smile on your face, because you were brave enough to do it in a society where showing your feelings is reason for laughter.

Excuse my terrible English, I hope it's understandable enough.
Fhaye
How old are you?
TB-M
2d>3d, get a waifu instead
ColdTooth

TB-M wrote:

2d>3d, get a waifu instead
ok weeb
Penguin

Ashton wrote:

With the school year coming to an end, I really want to ask my crush about how she feels about me.
Instead of asking her how she feels about you, try asking her to hang out with you and build up a better type of relationship than you might already have with her right now.

It's better to create and build a stronger relationship than to find out that there was none in the first place.

I don't know how old you are, these posts kinda make it seem like you guys are in early high school, but maybe ask her out to the movies or go to the mall and get food with her after school?
GSG95

Plini wrote:

Dont be afraid to show your feelings, emotions is what makes us humans, suppressing them is terribly bad for our body, so if you feel like you have to go for it, then do it with a big smile on your face, because you were brave enough to do it in a society where showing your feelings is reason for laughter.
This. I couldn't agree more.

I can tell you from personal experience that the pain of holding in your feelings is greater than the pain of rejection. It's straight up DANGEROUS to keep these feelings inside of you. They'll be gnawing on your insides. They won't just make you feel terrible things or think terrible things. They'll make you do terrible things. Not only to others, but to yourself. And unfortunately, I have the scars to prove it.

So just go for it. If she rejects you, it's gonna hurt. But not letting her know how you feel is gonna hurt about 20 times more.