forum

OSU! Update Error [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrFeather
im sorry if this was already posted in another thread or something im fairly new in this forum ^^
but my problem is that whenever i update this message pops up
this happend several times and i dont know if its a problem of my computer itself or if its an OSU! problem

may someone help me pls? :(

thanks in advance

and sry for my bad english

heres the link http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/68 ... oblem.jpg/
Sakura
Try running osume.exe as admin.

If that doesn't work try moving your folder to another folder,(or another hard drive) and try again.
Topic Starter
MrFeather

Sakura wrote:

Try running osume.exe as admin.

If that doesn't work try moving your folder to another folder,(or another hard drive) and try again.

thx for the fast reply but i tried both of them but both didnt work :(
any other ideas where the problem could be?
i have no ideas what i can do i already tried like everything :/
Sakura
System.UnauthorizedAccessException <-- I'm pretty sure this has to do with your user access to the file folder, check that osu!.exe isn't "Read Only" or stuff like that, that could prevent editing it like "You are not authorized to edit this file" messages, worst case scenario delete osu!.exe and let osume redownload it.
Topic Starter
MrFeather

Sakura wrote:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException <-- I'm pretty sure this has to do with your user access to the file folder, check that osu!.exe isn't "Read Only" or stuff like that, that could prevent editing it like "You are not authorized to edit this file" messages, worst case scenario delete osu!.exe and let osume redownload it.
:cry:

thx for helping ;D <--- tears of happines
i just checked everything made a new computer account now it works somehow! :)
it works!
Sakura
Guess your pc account didn't have admin access to the folder osu! was in =P glad it worked. However you should provide access to your regular user on the pc so you dont have to do this again.
Topic Starter
MrFeather
yeah i should have watched out for that

im stupid D:
Topic Starter
MrFeather
thread can be closed now like everybody says :D
meocon7999
Hi I have the same problem too but I don't understand how to fix the probem!!! :(
Shivarion

meocon7999 wrote:

Hi I have the same problem too but I don't understand how to fix the probem!!! :(
this thread is quite old...
I suggest you to make a new thread and ask your problem in there :oops:
arwin002
I have a problem it said ( ''unable to download osu!.exe_patch. please check your connection and / or try again later '') and then i click ok now its said ( ''error occured:system.IO.filenotfoundException:cpuld not find file 'C:\programfiles\osu!\osu!.exe_patch'.
(atsystem.IO._error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode.string maybefullpath)
(at sstem.IO..Filestrean.Init(stringpathfilemode mode fileaccess access
Int32 rights Boolean userights fileshare shhare Int32 Buffersize File options Optins SCURITU_ATTRIBUTES
secattrs string msgpath Boolean bFromproxy at system.IO.Filestream.ctor (string path file mode mode
access access fileShre shre)
at#jb.#nb.#Ds (string.string.string.#ob)
at#21b.#11b.#gjb0

Pls help me fast i want to update my OSU!.... :( :cry:
Fastenz
same here.

help me pls :'
Bara-

rudy9090 wrote:

same here.

Shivarion wrote:

this thread is quite old...
I suggest you to make a new thread and ask your problem in there :oops:
Also, the updater they are talking about doesn't exist anymore, (osume)
Flanster

rudy9090 wrote:

same here.

Please post a new thread with your problem in Tech Support 5
Do not bump resolved threads.