forum

Newbie Mafia 8 (Flawless Town Win)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sync

Jayel wrote:

Sorry for the inactivity, guys.

Well, I do not have any idea whom I should vote, either.
Maybe Sync is the only one I have doubt on.
Don't point your finger without telling us why.

vote: Jayel

Basically parroting, added nothing with his post and simply posted so he wouldn't be deemed as a lurker in aims that the spotlight wouldn't be on him. Unless you guys want to lynch a lurker or somebody random, Jayel is probably the best bet in terms of a D1 lynch.

What do you guys think?
Rantai
I was attributing that to being new (mainly because I haven't seen him play enough to know better).
Jinxy
Sorry for slight inactivity, schoolwork and stuff the past few days

Rantai wrote:

I was attributing that to being new (mainly because I haven't seen him play enough to know better).

Jayel wrote:

It is sort of complicated.... since I'm a newbie here, though I've played Mafia games in many other places... :/
Honestly, I wouldn't dismiss him that easily, considering he claims to have played before.
bmin11
I was thinking of no-lynch, but the chance of having no pro-town roles has just made the plan to sound even worse then it was.

Well... I hate how scummy this is going to sound like, but if akro doesn't unvote me (even though I have made a post how his reasoning does not make sense), I'll be voting someone else just to save myself. I know lynching me is going to be a town lynch with a chance of 100%, so I would rathershoot for the 1/4 chance now.
Jayel
The reason I doubted Sync was sort of simple: he was silently waiting while others are talking -- (it was solely based on my prejudice, but)
Now I've got to have my decision.

Vote: Sync

I think he is being aggressive on me after I said I have doubt on him.
Lincolm
@akro : Thought of that also. I just thinking for the save search also. Maybe with more people we get more informations. Although I agree with yours also. I will thinking of that but I still on my option.

4 hours left
Sync
Are you calling my "aggressiveness" unjustified?

Again, you're not explaining anything -- you're typing a load of crap which is why I'm voting for you in the first place.
Jayel

Sync wrote:

Are you calling my "aggressiveness" unjustified?
Man, I have never said that your aggressiveness is unjustifiable.

The word I just said before I voted you was that "I had doubt on you" but, you know, I was not going to absolutely vote you at that time.

What I call unjustifiable is, so to speak, that you became sensitive right after the moment I said "I had doubt on you"
and shortly put a vote on me. This one finally motivated me to decide to vote you.

On the light of your thesis, I think the reason of yours of voting me does not make sense, either.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
VOTE COUNT:
Sync (2) - Kanye West, Jayel
bmin11 (1) - akrolsmir
Jayel (1) - Sync
No Lynch (1) - Lincolm

Not Voting (4) - JInxyjem, Rantai, bmin11, Nyquill

You all decide to lynch Sync.
After doing so, you find a gun in his pocket and some a paper containing orders from the Mafia.
Sync - Mafia Goon - Lynched Day 1

IT IS NOW NIGHT 1.
DEADLINE IS IN 24 HOURS.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
It was a peaceful night. No one died at all.

IT IS NOW DAY 2. WITH 8 ALIVE, IT TAKES 5 TO HAMMER.
DEADLINE IS IN 96 HOURS.
Jinxy
... If it weren't a semi-open setup I would have screamed cult like anime mafia

There's no decent motive I can imagine for mafia to not kill, so I'm assuming the guy was inactive or inattentive.
Rantai
Doctor?

Not sure why you would rule that out...
Jinxy
...OH.

derp, the fact how much the lynch/kill events were so close to anime just made me forget
Nyquill

JInxyjem wrote:

...OH.

derp, the fact how much the lynch/kill events were so close to anime just made me forget
this game is flavorless though...

Assuming mafia is actually playing to win and that the doctor got the right person, we can also confirm the existance of a cop.
Like always, in case its one of the new people, claim only if you got mafia.
bmin11

Nyquill wrote:

Assuming mafia is actually playing to win and that the doctor got the right person, we can also confirm the existance of a cop.
I don't think I'm getting this. There is also a setup that only has a doctor.

I think we are pretty safe to assume we have a doctor with us, who was able to save last night (I guess it's still possible that we might be having another Themeless Mafia >_> <_< >_> <_<)
bmin11
Oh and I'm having my FoS (finger of suspicion) towards Lincolm for his/her vote. Akro made a decent enough post for why no lynch was a bad idea, and a bit of add ups from myself as well. I'm going to take this as a possible attempt to save Sync from getting lynched. I'll be expecting a post from you about this.

The only part that makes me hesitate is that Sync hasn't voted for No Lynch. Maybe Sync was worried that the tied between himself and Lincolm would become too obvious with his lynch? I don't know.
Lincolm
At least we know that we have a doctor.

It almost not possible the last mafia got inactive in the first night with akrolsmir already asked to proded all of us before the end time.
akrolsmir

bmin11 wrote:

Nyquill wrote:

I don't think I'm getting this. There is also a setup that only has a doctor.
Looks like a scum slip- Nyquill's the remaining roleblocker and thus knows that the existence of a doctor confirms a cop. Vote: Nyquill

Say what you like in denial, I'm not changing my vote for today.
bmin11

Lincolm wrote:

At least we know that we have a doctor.

It almost not possible the last mafia got inactive in the first night with akrolsmir already asked to proded all of us before the end time.

bmin11 wrote:

Oh and I'm having my FoS (finger of suspicion) towards Lincolm for his/her vote. Akro made a decent enough post for why no lynch was a bad idea, and a bit of add ups from myself as well. I'm going to take this as a possible attempt to save Sync from getting lynched. I'll be expecting a post from you about this.

The only part that makes me hesitate is that Sync hasn't voted for No Lynch. Maybe Sync was worried that the tied between himself and Lincolm would become too obvious with his lynch? I don't know.

And I'll also be waiting for Nyquill's post.
Nyquill
WELL MASSIVE DERP I was remembering the two setups mentioned of having either 2 or none because of that discussion earlier and I completely forgot about the existance of the other two.

Third time I'll be slapping myself here.
akrolsmir
Haha, no. Try harder.

Actually, don't, and let us lynch you :D.
Kanye West
Why are you pushing so hard for his lynch? he derped.
Jinxy

Kanye West wrote:

Why are you pushing so hard for his lynch? he derped.
This probably sounds hypocritical coming from a guy who derped posts earlier, but akro's push is completely valid, and Nyquill's reason for his derp doesn't make any sense to me, because I didn't see any discussion that fit what Nyquill was talking about. In fact, I even quoted all 4 setups at the start of D1.
Another thing why he might be fixed on the all or nothing is because these are the only setups with a roleblocker too, just saying

Vote: Nyquill
Jayel
Well, I don't get anything. I'll hold my vote for a while this time ...
bmin11
I'm either happy for Nyquil or Lincolm lynch for today
Nyquill

JInxyjem wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

because I didn't see any discussion that fit what Nyquill was talking about.

Kanye West wrote:

why is there a need for a mafia roleblocker if there's 7 vanilla townies

akrolsmir wrote:

Presumably to make scum think that there is a cop and doctor to watch out for.
First page signups.
Rantai

JInxyjem wrote:

Another thing why he might be fixed on the all or nothing is because these are the only setups with a roleblocker too, just saying
Actually, that's a good point.

Though the focus was on roleblockers earlier (as shown) so he could be genuinely be mixing it up. But right now I'm more inclined to believe the former.
Jinxy

Nyquill wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

because I didn't see any discussion that fit what Nyquill was talking about.

Kanye West wrote:

why is there a need for a mafia roleblocker if there's 7 vanilla townies

akrolsmir wrote:

Presumably to make scum think that there is a cop and doctor to watch out for.
First page signups.

JInxyjem wrote:

In fact, I even quoted all 4 setups at the start of D1.
Which was after signups.
Lincolm

bmin11 wrote:

I'm just giving my analyze. I said almost because there is a change that the mafia inactive. Surely I'm not explain that, but I mention it. That just an analyze, but you can also analyze my post too, so I know how should make better word next time.

Well, maybe Nyquill derped maybe not. I want to see more (probably).

I think bmin have a suspicious think. Because of random vote to Sync (also Kanye but unvote) made him overcautious. Maybe he want to save Sync from the vote because he know Sync is his friend. Just another analyze. Hey, this is not a revenge, I'm just giving my opinion, because I don't see anything suspicious in the other, sorry for that.
Nyquill

JInxyjem wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

In fact, I even quoted all 4 setups at the start of D1.
Which was after signups.
The reason why its such a massive derp is because I missed everything after that.
bmin11
I think bmin have a suspicious think. Because of random vote to Sync (also Kanye but unvote) made him overcautious. Maybe he want to save Sync from the vote because he know Sync is his friend. Just another analyze. Hey, this is not a revenge, I'm just giving my opinion, because I don't see anything suspicious in the other, sorry for that.
(I'm not gonna lie, this is pretty good analyze). I don't have a defense for this. I'm sad with myself for having such bad luck. This happened to me for Touhou Mafia, where I defended KRZY, the mafia.
Lincolm
Prod : Akrolsmir and Kanye West

Nah, just trying to prodding when there is a change. :lol:
Is my prodding right?
Rantai
bmin sounds like he's going for a meta grab. Bad luck is a little too watery for my taste.
Topic Starter
NoHitter
Prodded akrolsmir and Kanye West.

VOTE COUNT:
Nyquill (2) - akrolsmir, JInxyjem

Not Voting (6) - Rantai, bmin11, Nyquill, Lincolm, Kanye West, Jayel
akrolsmir
This is pretty ridiculous. I really don't see the point of being prodded when no one's actually doing anything.

Everyone, go vote for Nyquill or come up with a very convincing reason why you aren't.
Sync
Gah, I wanted to play ;_;

Oh well. Have fun guys

Go scum!
Kanye West

akrolsmir wrote:

This is pretty ridiculous. I really don't see the point of being prodded when no one's actually doing anything.

Everyone, go vote for Nyquill or come up with a very convincing reason why you aren't.
I'm not voting for him because he probably pulled a TBTE #superconvincingreasons
bmin11

akro wrote:

a very convincing reason why you aren't
Well, I don't have a decent enough reason to not vote for Nyquil. Though, his excuse makes sense and seems believable at some point. I'll still vote for Nyquil at the end if I don't find anything else.
Jayel
I can't easily vote Nyquil 'cause I'm not really sure if he is the most suspicious one.
I'm still holding my vote.
Rantai
There isn't enough on the table for me to make a confident vote. All I've got is a slight lean on Nyquil and bmin.
show more