forum

osu! Release (20120722-24)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Added in-game performance points/accuracy. This means that your accuracy will no longer update in real-time once you have a ranked pp score. I am working on making changes to both these stats real-time and this will likely come over the next few days (currently every 30 minutes). Oh, and your stats in-game are now play-mode specific :).

As per usual, report any issues you have in the tech support forum and use this thread for amicable discussion.
Makar
Woo ~ was looking forward to this update xD
Michi

Makar wrote:

Woo ~ was looking forward to this update xD
[Dellirium]
Thanks for wiki-links, peppy.
Fuyune
Don't even joke!
sayamaster
why? why or change?
jianzii
Now these playercards look all nifty.
CivelMamosora
It is my first time I don's want play OSU...
Why for change?
Score rank is bad?
YodaSnipe
Good shit peppy.
sayamaster
OSU...say goodbye. i don't konw why for change? .I do not want to play anymore
Topic Starter
peppy
Yes, osu! is now more honed to skill rather than played hours. If this makes you want to quit, then it probably wasn't healthy for you to be here in the first place.
KrystelIvashkov
I really hate the new upedate the ranking score now is bad and I don´t understand anything, I think the ranking thing It was better after the nwe update :(
Kasie
I just love this, thx peppy, I thought ppl was waiting whis. Waiting for pp real-time calculation.
KRZY
Got a question.

There seems to be a default mode for each player. For me it's osu! standard, while for, say, Spectator, it's Catch The Beat. It is also the mode for which statistics are shown when you open the user's profile page and on the F9 screen when the user has just logged on to osu.

How is this determined?
Makar

KRZY wrote:

Got a question.

There seems to be a default mode for each player. For me it's osu! standard, while for, say, Spectator, it's Catch The Beat. It is also the mode for which statistics are shown when you open the user's profile page and on the F9 screen when the user has just logged on to osu.

How is this determined?
It shows the mode with the highest amount of pp by default, but I think it changes depending on what mode you are currently playing... not sure lol
Rey-volution
I dont know what will I say, great update or not
Great because now showing more specific rank in-game :D
No, because why Ranked score is no longer available again in-game? :sad:
nanda2009
gotta miss the old ranking system...
Barhoum
Finally, now me never passing a song without ranking it with a perfect is paying off. :)

Good job, peppy!

(Rank #280 in U.S. woooo!)
Hata_Ranko
I welcome the performance based ranking, nolife ranking is just unfair and doesn't really mean much.
cacipan

peppy wrote:

Added in-game performance points/accuracy
thank you peppy :D
my wish came true
Oblimix
This kinda killed what I liked doing in osu!.
[Dellirium]

Oblimix wrote:

Farm ranking score?
Oblimix

[Dellirium] wrote:

Oblimix wrote:

Farm ranking score?
Playing multiplayer with friends and playing many different songs.
This kinda forces you to play each song perfectly.
Rei Hakurei
With pp implemented as bew scoring metric, i can't wait ranking category merges ^^
show more