forum

How to overlap those hitcirclenumbers perfectly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-FR
I guess y'all know the WWW skin. I like it because its very clean and everything so i decided to make my own skin which should be as clean as his(if not even cleaner). Now I saw in the skinfolder that he used the hitcirlcenumbers as hitcirlces by theirselves to have not such a big skinfile or smth like that.
I like the idea so i opened his skin.ini file to see which value he took to make his numbers overlap perfecly.
I decided to try to set the same value in my folder as well but it doesnt work out that good.
Is there a way how I can figure out a perfect value for my skin or will i just have to try until it fits?

Looking forward for answers.
C'ya :p
Matt2e2
The value of HitCircleOverlap tells osu! by how many pixels it should overlap the numbers (in SD). So, that value should be half the width of one of your number images if they have the @2x suffix or exactly the width of the number image if it doesn't have the suffix.

(BTW he didn't put the hitcircles on the numbers to save some space. The numbers usually fade faster than the hitcircles, so, for some people it helps with reading.)
Topic Starter
-FR

Matt2e2 wrote:

The value of HitCircleOverlap tells osu! by how many pixels it should overlap the numbers (in SD). So, that value should be half the width of one of your number images if they have the @2x suffix or exactly the width of the number image if it doesn't have the suffix.

(BTW he didn't put the hitcircles on the numbers to save some space. The numbers usually fade faster than the hitcircles, so, for some people it helps with reading.)

Alright thanks tho. You really helped me out :p