forum

Add silent epilepsy warning tag for new sb disable

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
ziin

Nasty Girl

This map doesn't have an epilepsy warning because it looks bad. It was instead added in via storyboard, which is completely acceptable in my eyes. Can there be a silent epilepsy tag that lets a beatmap be marked for epilepsy, but not show the epilepsy warning?

This can be as simple as "EpilepsyWarning: 2" instead of "EpilepsyWarning: 1". Much like other beatmap level toggles which aren't documented anywhere, this can be undocumented and only for people who know about it. So long as the bats and many top modders know of its existence, it will eventually become common knowledge.
Kurokami
It is the same with Andrea's new ranked map. Epilepsy Warning in the storyboard. I support this since I have one very close friend with epilepsy (no effects on him tho).
bwross
I can support this, providing that any maps that use it have implemented a warning of their own. Or just make maps use the standard one... it's a warning, so who cares if it's pretty, it's only there for a short while (although sometimes it's annoyingly in the way and you end up having to restart the first play every time you play the map). In any case, something probably should be done about the maps with Epilepsy Warnings that aren't properly flagged as such (Faith is for the Transient People is another one... which triggered my photo sensitivity hardcore).
Ephemeral
this sounds like a serious oversight and to be perfectly honest, i am not certain that storyboarded epilepsy warnings are valid anymore with the advent of the fun spoiler settings.

i'll raise this with the development team.