forum

I want to improve at osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
therealpotatoes
Hello.
so I've been playing osu for almost a year now, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for helping me improve, I prefer playing maps between 4 and 5 stars, generally I can achieve an acc of around 90% sometimes lower sometimes higher (I know pretty shit) that was mostly after playing alot of 4 stars to try and improve my acc, but I notice I break combo a lot, and before anyone says "play more" I agree, but what should I play more of, what stars what ar, should I play maps I get low acc on or maps where I get a higher acc, any response is appreciated.
also my active area on my tablet is 80 by 45 mm should I make that larger? how I grip my pen sometimes changes during a song which can be really annoying, cant think of anything else to add.
abraker
wrong support center

I think you meant to call https://old.ppy.sh/forum/13
levesterz
Play more in where you play less
Carmlillball
I play 4 stars on normal mode and 2 stars on Mania and Taiko. Sure, I've been extremely inactive on the game.. But I think you're doing fine.
Slothzero
https://puu.sh/unB20/caee7b883d.pdf
may the force be with you
Tad Fibonacci

abraker wrote:

wrong support center

I think you meant to call https://old.ppy.sh/forum/13

You missed a chance to promote your product.
Serraionga
play more
plya m
p,

therealpotatoes wrote:

and before anyone says "play more" I agree, but what should I play more of, what stars what ar, should I play maps I get low acc on or maps where I get a higher acc
play more maps that focus on what you think you're bad at
Offdensen
Play maps that are hard yet easy for you
Thats how I got good ig
abraker
Waiting for a fresh supply. Material supply has been delaying recently due to the OTConstitution Ceremony.
ColdTooth
play more

don't play maps that spoonfeed you pp

play maps that are ACTUALLY a challenge, and not pp maps

thanks
aden19887
take some time to play more often
Westonini
Get plenty of beatmaps so that you've got a variety of different types of maps to practice with.

Don't retry the same map too often, try playing different maps to improve your muscle memory and reaction speed as opposed to memorizing a particular beatmap.

Challenge yourself and go outside your comfort zone. Play songs that you can pass with a decent grade and acc but is still challenging then work towards improving at those. Once in a while you can go back to playing maps that was previously within your comfort zone and you should find them to be a lot easier to handle. It'd be an easy way to rack up a bunch of pp as well if that's what you're looking for.

Play consistently so your skills don't get dull, get in a comfortable position while playing, and try to relax as best you can.

Also just aim to have fun. You're not gonna get anywhere if you aren't enjoying the experience.
[LS]PositoniX
i want a girlfriend but that's not gonna happen either
Westonini
just get one lol ez
Totoryu
idk, I just played extremely hard maps until I got gud. I still am trash at holding a combo though, so maybe don't follow my advice. A lot of people just play maps for fc, or play extremely hard maps. its really up to what you want to play, and that's what you will improve in if you play it.
ColdTooth

Totoryu wrote:

idk, I just played extremely hard maps until I got gud. I still am trash at holding a combo though, so maybe don't follow my advice. A lot of people just play maps for fc, or play extremely hard maps. its really up to what you want to play, and that's what you will improve in if you play it.
your top plays make me want to puke
Serraionga

ColdTooth wrote:

Totoryu wrote:

why did i look at them

Why Did I.,
Justified
Combo game
ASHIQUL
"Any response is appreciated "
Okay...
You are a fucking dumbass
You dont have to appreciate me
Serraionga

ASHIQUL wrote:

"Any response is appreciated "
Okay...
You are a fucking dumbass
You dont have to appreciate me
Meah

Yes you can
DXPOHIHIHI
you can't improve if you have a farm map wallpaper as your pfp ;ok_hand:
ColdTooth

szkiller wrote:

you can't improve if you have a farm map wallpaper as your pfp ;ok_hand:
damn straight
Vuelo Eluko
Play Time: 245 hours
adorable

ColdTooth wrote:

Totoryu wrote:

same
Lumyh
play more.
- Roman -
play more and stay hydrated
Serraionga
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.