forum

Getting less than 200 FPS [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UtsukimiJerry
So yeah. I'm having a pretty bad frame rate for Osu! (Consider that <100 fps isn't that playable for me). To be precise with all settings turned off at native resolution 1366 x 768 I only get 100 fps. That's right. 100 fps. not more not less even though I enabled unlimited frame rate mode

These are my settings

CPU - AMD A6-3420M 1.5GHZ
RAM - 4GB
Graphics card - AMD Radeon HD7670M 1GB
Windows 7 64 bit.
Royboyvdm
try to use low end pc / disable options, i get around 1.7k with everything disabled and around 500 with most options on, thats like 1.2k fps loss, so maybe it helps for you if you didint already do that
peppy
Drivers most likely. Try running fullscreen, try changing drivers, try restoring driver settings to defaults, try restarting your system
Ephemeral
from my experience with AMD graphics cards, make sure you are always using the beta version of the catalyst drivers. the "official" releases are usually several months old and have little in the way of improvement.
Zare
Lower your resolution.

I have the same native resolution (1366x768), and i only get around 120 fps when using it, thanks to the Intel graphics chip in my Laptop *sigh*

That's why I use 800x600 for osu, this way i get around 200-500 fps (depends on Storyboard, video etc.)
RBRat3
Huh that does seem odd, I use an APU for a HTPC thats has half the balls of A6-3420M slapped osu on it and its really under performing @ 150FPS, the netbook with a GMA 950 runs circles around that which isnt right...

Some reason I feel that this has something to do with power management but I checked and maxed it... I'll slap new drivers in it but I dont think It will solve the issue.
Topic Starter
UtsukimiJerry
Problem solved. Updating drivers fixed the 100 fps bug
peppy
Great to know.