forum

I play better without sound?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
F3low
Hi, I noticed that I get too tense when I'm playing especially when playing multiplayer my fingers gets too heavy and I tap with my whole arm! I turned the sound off and noticed that I play better without sound I stay more focused on the approach circles and relaxed and now I get more Ss As and Bs on 3/3.99 stars maps! I started osu 6 weeks ago and this is the best thing that I did!.
Kuroni
Then what's the point of playing the game anymore? Instead of focusing on the approach circles try focusing on tapping in rhythm with the beat of the song. It's a rhythm game after all, you will improve much faster with that kept in your mind.
Topic Starter
F3low
I don't have a sense of rhythm I tried playing hidden I can't tap to the beat. Without approach circles I can't do anything.
Justified
You don't need to use hidden to get a sense of rhythm lol
Topic Starter
F3low

Justified wrote:

You don't need to use hidden to get a sense of rhythm lol
Well I heard that using hidden will force you to tap to the beat instead of relying on approach circles, But I can't seem to tap to the beat for some reason even with hidden.
Justified
I suggest that you continue to play no-mod and definitely play with sound. Right now you're playing as if it is a reaction game and that will not be helpful in the long run if you want to achieve high accuracy or play harder songs in the future.
Topic Starter
F3low

Justified wrote:

I suggest that you continue to play no-mod and definitely play with sound. Right now you're playing as if it is a reaction game and that will not be helpful in the long run if you want to achieve high accuracy or play harder songs in the future.

Okay I noticed another thing, on very easy songs If I turn on nightcore I can somehow follow the rhythm a bit because there's that sorta ticking/beating sound it helps. Is it possible to activate it without nightcore?
Justified

F3low wrote:

Justified wrote:

Okay I noticed another thing, on very easy songs If I turn on nightcore I can somehow follow the rhythm a bit because there's that sorta ticking sound it helps. Is it possible to activate it without nightcore?

No, that is a metronome playing in the background. https://circle-people.com/skins/ has a lot of skins that you may like and have good hitsounds. Or you can use the simplest of them all: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/365036
Topic Starter
F3low

Justified wrote:

F3low wrote:

Justified wrote:

Okay I noticed another thing, on very easy songs If I turn on nightcore I can somehow follow the rhythm a bit because there's that sorta ticking sound it helps. Is it possible to activate it without nightcore?

No, that is a metronome playing in the background. https://circle-people.com/skins/ has a lot of skins that you may like and have good hitsounds. Or you can use the simplest of them all: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/365036

Okay thank you. Btw how long will it take me to get better at tapping to the beat instead of relying on circles?.
Justified
Everyone improves at different rates so who knows
Mental Health
hidden doesn't force u to do shit lmao
MrSparklepants
I was like you, I played better without sound, but in the long run playing with sound will help and it's more fun.
Rikii
Try to set the volume of your beatsound higher than the song. It helped me in the past.
Ayayano
Make sure that you can hear the beat if the song and the hitsounds to try and compare them in terms of sync (can be difficult for me) and make use of the meter thingy on the bottom of the play area to tell if your hits are registering early or late.
DXPOHIHIHI
some songs are less confusing when the music is turned off
mon_
osu is an aiming game

for real though play with sound if you want to improve
- Roman -
Osu is a rhythm game, the point is to tap to the beat and to feel the rhythm of the song.
mulraf
i do way better with hitcircles too and i play to both the visuals and the sound. but i get where you're coming from. a few years ago i had pretty bad acc (it's still not that great but okay i guess). i changed the universal offset for some time and it was a pretty immediate improvement. maybe it's just that some people need a few more ms to process the song as information. i reverted back to no offset now since i realized in the long run it's just better to get used to the real deal. but it was an interesting experience i'd say.
PaulThePink
I tried it and yes, I hold combo better without sound. lol
Hydreigon

PaulThePink wrote:

I tried it and yes, I hold combo better without sound. lol
hi necroposter
-
also osu rhythm game, how in the world would you be able to follow the rhythm without the music and the beats?