forum

Can you guys still remember the day you first played osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
AdequateCake
I remember opening the game for the first time and not understanding anything but just knowing that I wanted to do well at it. I've been playing rhythm games for ages and at the time I thought another one couldn't hurt. Little did I know I'd end up selling my soul for Osu!
BCraftMG
i watched people play so when i open up osu the first time,i fced tear rain
Carmlillball
I remember trying the different game modes and instantly becoming obsessed with Taiko. Also, I loved the song 'The Light'! Kept playing it constantly for weeks!
CatzerTM
As far as I can recall the first time I started playing osu I was clueless to what I was supposed to do. after a while I eventually stumbled upon the tutorial which helped a bit and I started practicing from there only to know I would main in ctb about 3 months later. I think the first map I tried was either moonlight sonata or fright march
Justified
I started playing on December 16 and after a few days of playing the game, I realized this game sucks and stopped playing until I decided to play it again in March where I noticed that this game wasn't too bad as I started to play more old maps. Fast forward to present day where all these farm maps are a complete joke and chika maps are the embodiment of cancer. I wish I started playing this game in 2014 tbh
TheKingHenry

szkiller wrote:

Can you guys still remember the day you first played osu?
not really lol

though I do remember being kinda disappointed in the contents of the (fairly small) catalogue of bundled maps
Flanster
It was just another day really, all I remember is downloading every Miku map I can find, then discovering Nightcore. Oh lord.
Senrey
It was a year ago, I will remember that day blessed all my life :D
Phoenix999Osu
Oh yeah. I played osu when one of my friends recommended I do so as an alternative to GD.

I remember when I opened the game I tried to play one of the songs first without the tutorial. Much to my disappointment I kept failing.

Took me about a few months, 3 or 4 to build up mu skill. Since it is my break now I'm trying to find more time to play this amazing game and get 500pp. I still have a long way to go honestly.
LemonLimePunch
I can only vaguely remember installing the game during middle school and was somehow already eager to play hard mode at that time. Still didn't know how people play with tablet since all I knew was it's usually used for drawing. So I had to stick to my mouse and keep playing only the Easy-Normal ones because anything more than that lead me to a crushing defeat lol Though that didn't matter because I was going through a Vocaloid phase and I had fun with adding mods to the songs to make them a bit more challenging.

Lost interest a few years after that, and only occasionally play when I felt like it.

I only learned that I can press Z and X instead of just relying on my mouse during my first year in college.

In short, nothing's really changed except for the fact that I now use mouse with keyboard.
Nikolai
first year of college my friend showed me this game and been playing since
Chemmie
I got a D on the tutorial and was like 'this is impossible' and left for four months.
MisakiTobisawa-
I created my account on 1 September 2017. I gave up after a few days and went back to Minecraft.

I logged in again on 16 March 2018 to play the game for real and now over a year later I still can't pass an 8* or set a 300pp play. I'm focusing more on mapping now besides the infrequent farm when I feel like farming.
Sunkiss
I played tear rain once and failed, then I uninstalled lmfao. Came back a week later though.
mulraf
A german amv youtuber, nakahila, posted about making a lobby with her subscribers. Since i already played frets on fire, audiosurf, tap tap revenge, etc. I decided i'll try it. She provided a map pack they were gonna play. So the first map after the tutorial that i failed was "greenox - the less they know". I failed pretty hard at everything and yet just 2 hours ago when i saw the flying high +hdhr fc promoted on the website at that time somehow i thought it doesn't look too hard lol
Frezmo_old
Yeah, I met a guy on CS:GO who said I should get it to improve my aim, I was like "sure". I downloaded played it for about an hour and thought it was shit then didn't touch it for 2 years. The picked it up again about a week ago and really enjoyed and bought an OSU tablet and pen.
-FR
Well I should be able to remember but I acutally don't even though I am not playing for so long. It just was like a fingersnap and bam! I started getting addicted to this game one day by another.
rosetaxi
I surely remember this day.

I was like.. 9 or 10 at the time. I was so immersed in YouTube that I found osu and wanted to download the game on my very old, almost broken laptop.

I was so fascinated by the game on its first opening, probably due to the fact that my young self got a game which was seemingly popular at the time and had the ability to play it, but not the skills at the start.

I remember that my first map was an old 7k mania map, which I thought was supposed to be played by clicking the keys instead of pressing them on my keyboard. You can probably tell how that went..

Then I started playing standard maps by Rise Against, Skrillex, and some anime openings which are so nostalgic to play through to this day for their old mapping styles.

Needless to say, I played that game all day and night long on the first day because I had so much fun. even though I was technically failing everything

Very good times.
Arachnid
The first time I played Osu! was sure- interesting. I had no clue as to what the HELL I was doing. I still have no clue what I'm doing.
- Roman -
nope lmao
An1m3
Yep very good times. I was really active in the osu community.

I remember joining a bunch of community tournaments and tagging along with an already made team few years ago. Sad that only a few of the people that was in the tournament are still playing. I remember replacing someone because the tournament was for rank 40k-70k, and that guy past that rank right during the registration phase, so I joined their team when they needed a 3rd. Now get this, right now the guy who I replaced is still playing osu and is now rank 79. Link to the tournament page Link to the guy's profile

I also remember being there live when it was speculated that cookiezi was coming back to osu. Everyone was camping in his twitch chat and we all saw him live stream for the first time since like four years at that time. People were trying to figure out if it was actually cookiezi and not some hacker who hijacked his twitch account and playing osu.

There's a lot to list but I'm just too lazy.
choroi
it was april 2017 in the middle of school test lmao
Gwelawyr
Man I still remember I was playing a dragonica server private then someone show a gameplay of this game I was kinda like ??? it's that a game?
Then I slowly start to play with him in multiplayer and he just... he just... this person... PUT EVERYYYYYY SINGLE HARDEST MAP EVER for like 1 months I was only playing that and I did not even have any good setting/skin control playing at full mouse... the old good time :^)
Sadly I don't remember his name at all..
-Eni-
I was amazed even by 5* passes. Everything was so fast so I was determined to get good as well. Now 5*s to me are so easy

Went from Mouse to tablet drag to Tap x to Hover with CV as tapping keys lul
Chiralit_y
Lmao sure, got a huge headstart because i play rhythm games before osu.

Smh i only play mania (starting to play the standard rn)