forum

what keycap i should get

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Injected_Skillz
hi im planing on buying a xpro keycap and i dont know which keycap i should buy can some one reccomand what i should buy
Ps:im currently playing with an old laptop keyboard plus i was thinking i should get the cherry mx silver one because pf the short trigger delay
Full Tablet
As for keycaps, translucid ABS keycaps are rather brittle, and opaque ABS is more durable but they get slippery after some use. PBT is slightly more expensive but more durable. Polycarbonate and Polyoxymethylene are much less common and are considerably more expensive. Polycarbonate in particular should be very durable (to the point of being overkill for a keyboard keycap).

As for the switches, Cherry MX Silver is a good option, they are basically an upgrade to the more common Cherry MX Red. Cherry MX Browns are good if you want to feel more tactile feedback while playing.
Mental Health

Full Tablet wrote:

As for keycaps, translucid ABS keycaps are rather brittle, and opaque ABS is more durable but they get slippery after some use. PBT is slightly more expensive but more durable. Polycarbonate and Polyoxymethylene are much less common and are considerably more expensive. Polycarbonate in particular should be very durable (to the point of being overkill for a keyboard keycap).

As for the switches, Cherry MX Silver is a good option, they are basically an upgrade to the more common Cherry MX Red. Cherry MX Browns are good if you want to feel more tactile feedback while playing.

and browns are also good for typing
Implojin
I dunno if they sell them separately from their keyboards, but Varmilo makes some nice keycaps. Sturdy, thick, nice surface texture.