forum

F9 Friend Panel Bugged [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maverick
Since the new update when i click a friends panel and it brings up the options, i cant click anything. Spectate, view profile or anything. The only thing that works is cancel. Then most of the time it brings up a black screen after that. Anyone else having this problem?
eldnl
Confirmed, but still you can use the numbers for now.
Topic Starter
Maverick
As long as i have been playing osu ( which technically isnt really THAT long) i've never used the numbers lol. I dont know why but thanks for that eldnl.

a few other weird things happen too. If i click a user panel on the top row and cancel out sometimes it will pop up with random friends that i havent clicked on and black out the screen. Like in this screenshot i clicked a friend directly above me in the panel then it popped up with mine with a black screen. Just thought i would post this so you could see.

peppy
I can't replicate this. Not sure what I'm doing differently.
xsrsbsns
I just use F9 and click on a friend and the bug is there too.

useless info: when you press escape, it gives you a black screen pop up of a friend according to your cursor position when you previously clicked an action (multiple black screens if you click multiple actions)
peppy
Is this only happening for friends? Only when "friends only " is toggled?
Topic Starter
Maverick
Nope i just tried toggling friends only off and it happens without it as well. I usually leave friends only toggled at all times so i wasnt exactly sure but it happens to me either way.
xsrsbsns
It works when I turn off 'Low-end PC', turning it on again replicates the bug.
Topic Starter
Maverick

xsrsbsns wrote:

It works when I turn off 'Low-end PC', turning it on again replicates the bug.
Im running windows XP and like xsrsbsns said turning off low end pc fixes it for me. Turning it back on replicates it.
Mismagius
Confirming, happens to me too when I turn Low-End PC.
Ephemeral
confirmed, replicable on low-end PC settings

confounding variables are everywhere!

looks like the dialog is being drawn twice still - friends only toggle has no effect on the bug, the option buttons are catching the user panels beneath the button and opening a new dialog while one is currently open, breaking capture
DJ Angel
actually had the same thing on score result upload, if I try to click while it is loading it bugs

edit: game crash when I change the channel using a number above the current amount of channels with alt+number

code
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type '#mD.#eG' to type '#5G.#7G'.
em #5G.#9G.#ymb(Object , EventArgs )
em #mD.#fG.#mhb(#dG , Boolean )
em #mD.#fG.#mhb(Object , Boolean )
em #mD.#fG.#mhb(Object )
em #5G.#9G.#gZ(Object , Keys , Boolean )
em #LG.#kd.#gkb(List`1 )
em #LG.#kd.#8e()
em #UH.#Yb.#9d()
em #1w.#yy.#zP()
em #1w.#yy.#IP(Object , EventArgs )
em #1w.#wy.#mP()
em #1w.#xy.#oP(Object , EventArgs )
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
em System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
em #1w.#xy.#5t()
em #1w.#yy.#5t()
em #UH.#fs.#IXb(String )

not related to f9, but since this problem came from this update, maybe it should be highlighted on this thread.
Ephemeral

DJ Angel wrote:

not related to f9, but since this problem came from this update, maybe it should be highlighted on this thread.
this is an entirely seperate issue - please post this in a new thread!
Glazbom
to be exact, the bug happens when we click a second time on another player, for Example:

If you click in the red area nothing happens :d
peppy
Should be resolved in the next public release (tomorrow).