forum

[Archived] OBS does not recognize Osu as a game/window

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
honque
Yes, I am aware there is a post about this exact problem, however none of the solutions are working for me. So, here I am.

I use the latest version of OBS and I'm experiencing a problem. Whenever I use game capture and set the mode to "capture specific window," there is no option to select osu.exe in the dropdown menu called "Window" that appears. The only possible way I can get it to work is if I shrink the Osu tab and then select osu.exe, but then if I switch to another scene or close out the game, I need to do it all over again.

I have fullscreen mode on, and my Osu does not experience issues/stuttering or anything else along those lines.

List of things I have tried doing and failed:
  1. Turning Osu on to compatibility mode (the game crashes and won't ever start)
  2. Re-installing OBS and Streamlabs OBS
  3. Re-installing and repairing Osu
  4. Running OBS and Streamlabs OBS as an admin
  5. Turning off letterboxing (Demonical said it worked for him)
  6. Switching to stable
  7. Opening Osu first and then opening OBS

The only think of doing is putting on display mode, however it would be awkward to interact with my viewers and for my livestream to switch to a chat box.

I've been on this problem for well over a few weeks and have found nothing that works. If you can't solve my problem, that's ok! At least you helped!

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190603 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is there any reason why you aren't using Game Capture?
Topic Starter
honque
I'm trying to use game capture, but osu.exe isn't showing up as a window. I'll include a screenshot for clarity:
Nigrod
Just a quick question, have you tried switching to stable? Maybe OBS can pick that up. I imagine you tried this but, try launching osu!, then launch OBS.
Topic Starter
honque
I just tried both of those ideas and they did not work. Although, I did encounter something weird. When I pressed my boss key (Ins key) and quickly managed to have Osu still open for OBS to detect it, I could select it. But when Osu stopped playing music, OBS did not recognize Osu as a window. Could this mean something?

Screenshot:
Osu is currently "turned off" because I pressed my boss key. (It's still technically turned on, just not on the screen)
Death
If you are on a setup with two GPUs (i.e. a laptop with integrated and discrete graphics), make sure both OBS and osu! are uing the same GPU.
Topic Starter
honque
I only have one GPU on this PC, so I don't think the GPU is the problem.