forum

The Coin Game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Edited the rules, new rules and changes marked in bold. These changes have been added to spice up the latter rounds and increase the comeback potential for players. With this, the game has also gotten a bit more complex and I am curious to see, how players will adapt.

The game goes as follows:

- Each player will start with 1000 coins.
- Every round, you must DM me with the number of coins you wish to bid.
- Your coins will be deducted on the next round by how many coins you spent on the previous round.
- The player who bids the lowest number of coins in each round is out.
- The player who submits the second lowest will get 50% of their spent coins back.
- The player who submits the second highest will get their spent coins back.
- If a tie occurs, both players will be eliminated/get their coins back. In addition to this, the amount they bid will be granted to the player who currently holds the least coins.
- Once there are only 5 players remaining, counted after elimination, up until there are only 3 at the start of the round, whenever a player is eliminated, their remaining coins are given to the player with the least remaining coins. If more than 500 coins are inherited, all coins past 500 will be given to the player with the 2nd least coins.
- Final round only, if you bid within 50 coins of your maximum possible bid, you will not be eliminated if you end up with the lowest bid of the round. However, even if no one is eliminated, this round will not be repeated and players will be ranked by the amount of coins they have left and the game will conclude.
- The last player standing wins!
- And most importantly, have fun!

Order of Events that depends on Coins:
- Coin inheritence checks for the remaining coins after the bids, before coin back and any coins being awarded.
- Coins back happens 2nd.
- Ties resulting in coins being granted happens last.

The new standings after this process, will be the current round standings posted after each round, however the update log that lead to it will be part of it so that players can understand how things happened.

Scheduling:

- The normal deadline per round will be 24h, but if every participant has already submitted their bid, the round will end early, deadline for the next round will still be as if it had started a day later as normally planned however, to account for players not noticing an earlier start into the next round. This allows the game to progress much faster, if people are active, without accidentally punishing people.
- If a player hasn't submit anything by the time the deadline is met, they will automatically spend twice as much as the highest bid of the round. If not enough coins are left to do this, I'll use my own discretion to decide a fair amount or disqualify as necessary. They will also be given a strike if this happens, 2 strikes and you're out immediately.

Would people be interested in playing this? Write "In" if you are and want to sign up, I think the game requires at least 5 people to make sense, but the more the better.
Penguin
In

Sounds interesting. You should probably PM me to remind me tho since I will probably forget about it.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Since no one else responded, I'm assuming there is either a lack of interest in general or something in regards to the rules that makes people not want to play? I personally think it's a fun FG, but I am open to suggestions if you think there need to be changes to the rules, etc.
vinnicci
In
Husa
In
ERA Puzzle
Holiday Inn
Ender Lain
In
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
That's the minimum 5 required to play already! I'd personally really like to get to 10 participants before starting and signups have gone smooth so far, so I'll see how they'll go from here for a few days and then make a decision based on that. I'll PM everyone that signed up once the game is starting / if something relevant happens, so don't worry about actively checking the thread atm.
hypercyte
In
samX500
In
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
7/10 signups! After we reach 10, I'll start a 24h deadline for extra signups, after which the game's first round will start.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Bump.
Husa
im poggingin
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
You actually had signed up already, this is your 2nd post. We're still at 7/10
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Bump. Seems to me like everyone who is interested has already signed up, so this'll be the last bump and if no one signs up, I'll start the game tomorrow with 7 people.
vinnicci
Good luck everyone, I'll be praying to RNGeezus.
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
And we're starting! DM'ed everyone a reminder. Good luck to all the participants. :)
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Technically first round is over, but 2 out of 7 haven't even been online yet to receive my msg that the game has started, so just for the very first round only, I'll give a 1 day extension for them to notice that the game has started. Everyone else pretty much instantly responded though!
Husa
should also pm them on old site just in case, maybe,,,
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Good idea. But I checked their profile and they just haven't even been online since yesterday (refering to Penguin and Ender Lain)

(Edit cause I can't make a new post, yet)

R1 has concluded!
Ender Lain 536
Husa 450
Vinnici 273
samX500 201
Puzzle 150 Coins back!
Hypercyte 140 Eliminated
Penguin DQ'ed

R1 Standings:
Puzzle 1000
samX500 799
Vinnici 727
Husa 550
Ender Lain 464
Hypercyte 0
Penguin 0

Penguin hasn't been online for over 4 days by now and he'd be sitting on sub 100 coins, technically zero, if I enforced the bid rule, since there have been some really high bids, so I decided to simply DQ him.

R2 is starting as of now. DM your bids and good luck to everyone remaining. R2 is always going to be very interesting, as players start to rethink their bids after seeing how everyone else has bid R1.
hypercyte
Only 10 coins difference D:

Good luck to the rest of you!!
show more