forum

How do I stream???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cookie ai Ushio
Eh... as you can tell I am pretty desperate and you can probably get why. I'm 5k and I've been practicing streaming and alternating for a while now (I'm a singletapper) as I was told that being able to alternate will improve my fingercontrol and therefore my streaming capabilities.

Now I can alternate pretty well, but my streaming didn't get any better weirdly which led me to the conclusion that I must be doing something very wrong. I can hardly stream 140 bpm for 30 seconds and I often mess up longer bursts (5-10 bursts) which really sucks and limits my fcing map pool to only jumpy pp farm maps sadly.

I've come to a few conclusions nevertheless concerning bad habits:
One of them is my thumb sometimes tightening and moving towards my palm which often happens at longer high bpm (200-240 bpm) bursts and sometimes streams, thus messing up my fingercontrol and making me miss.
I often try to prevent this by streching my thumb as far as I'm comfortable with; Nevertheless it's rather a reflex (probably caused by trying to copy the cookiezi tapping style) which occurs at fast bursts/streams making me unable to do something against it fast enough, since it happens automatically.

The second one is not really a bad habit but rather a struggle.
I want to start streams and bursts with my middlefinger. However I always start with the index finger as a habit. The only time I can do that is when I alternate... but that's not really a problem and is probably learnable.

Furthermore I can alternate pretty solid now but I still get fingerlocks despite of my improved fingercontrol which leads me to more questions than before. Playing streaming maps doesn't really help for me at least
UnnamedBeast
play demetori maps until you can 99% all of em

everyday for a fuckton of time basically
Topic Starter
Cookie ai Ushio
Can you send me some recommendations? There are a lot of demetori maps and I don't know where to start
UnnamedBeast
Jefar
Finger control? Sure. Streaming capabilities? Not so sure.

As a full alternator, I was never good at streams, and I always had the notion that singletappers were better at streams (probably because most people singletap, idk). I was never consistent at playing streams until I specifically started focusing on improving at streams.

I don't know how long you've been trying to practice streams but I can say that in my experience, I've gotten a lot better at them by working my way up slowly from low to high bpm. I wouldn't do this the whole time I play, or course. Just spending some time to do it really makes a difference. Also, I never played full on stream maps. Rather, I played maps that incorporated streams but were "normal maps" for the most part so I don't get bored from playing the same thing.

As for your other concerns, I wouldn't worry too much about them. If you're building up your speed naturally, just be patient and try not to blame inability on other things.

I don't have a specific finger I start bursts/streams on, but I would just stick with what you're comfortable or better with.
Taaat
It's all about muscle memory, choose whether or not you'll listen to a newbie in comparison to you but that's what I heard at least.
The faster the average stream beatmap you play the better you will do in faster,longer or spaced out streams.
Topic Starter
Cookie ai Ushio
thx for the tips. I'll definitely try those maps out. It's probably just my lack of muscle memory and weak fingers that I have to train