do you like classical or jazz

I'd love to listen to it.
93.33%
It bores me...
6.67%
Total votes: 15
Topic Starter
Flamag
what do you think about quality classical and jazz music due to fact that I am a new proffesional pianist. Do you enjoy listening to it?
Ayayano
I am not into jazz a whole lot, but I too am a classical pianist, (tho im no pro).

I particularly enjoy romantic-contemporary styled works ranging from chopin to poulenc and rachmaninoff

As for my playing, some of the most technically challenging pieces I have played would be the minute waltz and rameau’s gavotte et 6 doubles (the only baroque composer that I like tbh). Both are lovey pieces
TheKingHenry
Hell yes. Not really an expert in jazz but do I enjoy listening to it every once in a while too. As far as classical goes though, that shit is my jazz (pun intended I guess). Actually I mainly only listen to and play myself different kinds of classical music and metal. I like how you said "quality classical" in your post. To be honest most of classical music is already quality already due the fact that most of them have withstood the test of centuries already, and have been deemed worthy to survive during it (and be still played around the world).

Your poll is meh though, there literally isn't even an option that implies you jam them all the time :(
Carmlillball
I listen to neither, but I'm thinking about listening to classical when I read or have to study something because rock and metal is a bit distracting.
B1rd
I don't really like Jazz. I like classical though, I like listening to listening to violin concertos. Though piano is nice too.
Achromalia
Both, really, but I guess I'd prefer Jazz for some of its style in composition.

Part of what I enjoy about Classical generally is summed up to the sorts of moods I hear in a lot of pieces. I personally prefer piano-heavy pieces, but I guess I'm a bit biased from how much I enjoy both listening to and playing the piano. There's also plenty of room for the variety of great instruments to be used in tons of ways to depict pretty much any theme, should the composer execute that well enough.

Ehm, but to be frank, I don't really explore Classical music much, so I honestly wouldn't even recognize many of the more well known pieces from famous pianists, aside from whatever's most pushed upwards by way of viral videos of street performances and stuff like that. I'd like to actually go in-depth with what's out there, but I doubt I'd really do it. Not enough interest as opposed to the other branches and twigs of music I listen to that I prefer over Classical and Jazz.

Now, with Jazz, it can be pretty damn enjoyable, but it doesn't catch my immediate attention all that much until I do decide to get into a song, and that's fairly rare. Even then, much of what I hear in Jazz is stuff I can honestly melt over, the concepts used and the out-there personality of that sorta genre just captivates me a little, I guess. My father especially enjoys it.

I can't resist just fanboying at a good electronic song with elements of jazz in 'em, mostly the chord patterns I often hear in jazz will be what keeps me interested, but I've also been impressed by some of the more interesting decisions in rhythm. Syncopation is pretty spicy, and it's fun to hear some of that used in other work.

Or maybe I'm easily impressed by music. Eh.

Anyways, I think I might just prefer Jazz with its flairs in mind.
- EdgarNitroX
jazz and progresive , are so marvelous ! , makes me feel like anything in the world , with some exceptions , a great genre to listen , everyday!
Kung Fu Pepus
I love listen to both styles
Birdy
I consider Jazz to be my 2nd favourite genre after Ambient. I'm not a whole lot into Classical, but there are some wonderful composers out there, both in the far past and living, modern ones.
sl0_old_1
i like listening to both while doing (somewhat) productive tasks
Momori
Both