forum

DIY Marry an Anime Character (no rules)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Yo check this out. I made a thing you can use to make these things.

http://soaprman.net/r/marriage

It should be easy enough to use?

FAQ
It doesn't work on my browser!
I've tested it on Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Opera (all latest versions) on Windows 7. I make no guarantees for any other configurations.

I found a bug! Your shit's broke, dog!
Post that junk. Remember to mention what browser you're using.

Someone else married my wife! What do I do?
Looks like your wife's a cheating whore! You should probably have a serious talk about the future of your relationship.

Why would you do this? Why would you make this thing?
Sometimes in life we do things that

Notes/Known bugs:
SPOILER
  1. The anonymous imgur API I use limits the site to 50 uploads an hour. This will probably never be relevant, but if the imgur feature doesn't work, this might be why.
  2. Speaking of the imgur feature, if it doesn't show up, check your popup blocker. It probably got stopped.
  3. Preview pane in the image cropper is slightly distorted. This will be fixed, probably.
  4. Preview pane in the image cropper looks choppy. This is a flaw in the way some browsers (FF, IE, Opera) handle CSS image resizing. I've added server-side resampling for the "apply changes" link, so it'll all look good in the end. Not sure if this is fixable otherwise.
  5. Images from web URLs are not resampled when applied to the sig image. I'll fix this soon since it's the only real bug...
  6. In Safari and (sometimes?) IE, the preview doesn't fully load on startup. Just change text or the slider or something to make it draw.
Baron Nefarious
Fucking 5 star post etc
California
Edit: i guess it is good, I just dislike the part with no rules :/
Meru
then, what would be happen in the next thread? >_>
Aoriki
Eh....eh?
Vish024
5 star FAQ.
Baron Nefarious
Aw crap, I can't get the image on my smelly android tablet probably because the filename would be a million characters long. :(

In fact, the URL is so long that it causes intense lag when I try to select it.
2nd edit: I swear the thing is just endless. I've been sliding it for like 5 minutes straight with no end in sight.
3rd: LOL switching tabs brought me back to the start. Good night.
mm201
Stickied.
NaomiMinette
Alright, time to break out that list!
Meru
now, we can do polygamy?
lolol
J u n k o_old

Spydra wrote:

Fucking 5 star post etc
Giganscudo
Rest In peace.

The special feeling of having a married waifu~ signature made for you -_-

At least MLGnom will breathe a sigh of relief knowing he won't do this ever again... I think.
Fai-Chii
That's Nice :)
Accelerator-kun

Giganscudo wrote:

Rest In peace.

The Ribbon Red

Accelerator-kun wrote:

Giganscudo wrote:

Rest In peace.

And there goes by...

Gone were the feeling of achievement being married to a waifu and having a picture of her in your signature.

Needs MLGnom's response.
MLGnom
I'm impressed that you did something like this. You were bored or what? Anyway it's nice. D:

With something like this people would get bored of these in around month. Because everyone would have same characters with isn't anything special.
Having something "unique" only for one person, changes that. ^^

So, if people will still do requests, I will continue doing them. So don't worry about me. (Well as you know my takes time since I'm a little busy and lazy in free time).
The Ribbon Red

MLGnom wrote:

With something like this people would get bored of these in around month. Because everyone would have same characters with isn't anything special.
Nice point you have there.

Without rules, it's kinda pointless, isn't it? It feels like there is almost nothing to appreciate since there's "hardly" any effort at all [IMO].

It's great to see that you're in a good mood, MLGnom. Or at least, that's what your avatar is telling me.
Accelerator-kun

MLGnom wrote:

Well as you know my takes time since I'm a little busy and lazy in free time
That's the appreciable part.

MLGnom wrote:

+1
Nanael_old
I'm surprised someone made something like this, well, it's not the first time (DJAngel gave it a somewhat lazy shot in the past) but a web based application is something I didn't see coming, and a stable one at that.

I agree with the fact that something easy to get, and that anybody could have is bound to get old pretty fast, since the point of making them was to be totally possessive over a character for many, with this, I'd guess that feeling is crushed.

Letting aside all that, the app is damn good at what it does.
N A L U

Nanael wrote:

I'm surprised someone made something like this, well, it's not the first time (DJAngel gave it a somewhat lazy shot in the past) but a web based application is something I didn't see coming, and a stable one at that.

I agree with the fact that something easy to get, and that anybody could have is bound to get old pretty fast, since the point of making them was to be totally possessive over a character for many, with this, I'd guess that feeling is crushed.

Letting aside all that, the app is damn good at what it does.
thelewa
The easiest way to stop a retarded fad is to get people bored with it

Soaprman you are a hero
The Ribbon Red

thelewa wrote:

The easiest way to stop a retarded fad is to get people bored with it

Soaprman you are a hero
I don't even know why you're here.

Here, have a bread.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
My PR department has instructed me to state that "it is what it is".

It is what it is.
show more