posted
Total Posts
show more
xsrsbsns

thelewa wrote:

it's better to use the dim option
Fair enough, to TS: do this.
CXu
Have fun, that's the best way for improvement.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
Go to edit mode and change normal/hard diff name to insane
silmarilen

Raging Bull wrote:

Well I suck at insanes now compared to before but if you can, try playing some val maps. They're pretty fun and quite challenging.
he barely learned to swim and you're telling him to jump into a whirlpool
please, this person is having trouble with insanes, dont tell him to play maps that 90% of the people cant even play.
G0r

silmarilen wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

Well I suck at insanes now compared to before but if you can, try playing some val maps. They're pretty fun and quite challenging.
please, this person is having trouble with insanes, dont tell him to play maps that 90% of the people cant even play.
I had this reaction too.
Wishy

thelewa wrote:

xsrsbsns wrote:

Use plain backgrounds. I personally use grey.
No.

NO.

People won't be able to delete or change the BG in like a few months anyway so it's better to use the dim option than to shoot yourself in the leg by getting used to playing with no BGs
I'm guesssing when they do that 99% of good/decent players gonna quit. xd
lolcubes
Don't really see why honestly. I used to delete a BG sometimes because some maps just have a too detailed background which is horribly distracting for me, but with the new dim feature you can dim it by so much that you barely even notice that there is a background in the first place.
kriers

CXu wrote:

Have fun, that's the best way for improvement.
Try forever to beat ths guy (FL not included, because impossibru) and you will get good at anything! /o/
Wishy

lolcubes wrote:

Don't really see why honestly. I used to delete a BG sometimes because some maps just have a too detailed background which is horribly distracting for me, but with the new dim feature you can dim it by so much that you barely even notice that there is a background in the first place.
Many players use custom BGs (grey, etc), and then again many more use a PLAIN black backgrounds, this game will need a background toggle, hope peppy adds it. :(
thelewa
Wishy have you even tried the dim option? I used to delete EVERY BG I could find, I played for like a year without BGs. The dim feature is so good that it's the same as having no BG (well not the same but playing feels like the same because I can concentrate on the circles instead of the BG). I can even play HR with it.
Wishy
Yes I did, but deleting it is still better. Plus I play some maps on a grey backgrounds because of retarded hit colors.
thelewa
The combo colours problem will be solved in the next build edit: I read wrong, anyway there's going to be a colourblind mode that changes the combo colours into something that contrasts with the BG, at least I read peppy say that in Feature Requests

there's literally no justification to deleting BGs anymore
kriers
Deleting BGs was SOOO 2011 :V
Wishy

thelewa wrote:

The combo colours problem will be solved in the next build edit: I read wrong, anyway there's going to be a colourblind mode that changes the combo colours into something that contrasts with the BG, at least I read peppy say that in Feature Requests

As I said, no BG still feels better.
CXu
Nope, because black bg is boooring :V
Fai-Chii
Some Flash on BG make me dizzing :(
Raging Bull

silmarilen wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

I'm not telling him to jump to the insane difficulty, but maps made by val. Maybe I should have been more specific.
D33d
Personally, I wouldn't recommend val maps to anybody. Just practice with enjoyable hard difficulties until they're perfect. Try playing normal/hard with mods as well.

Also, get used to a lower DPI setting and learn to move your arm more. It's more steady and more ergonomic. I use a Logitech G9x with an ID Grip at 300dpi. It makes it harder to twitch with jumps, but I don't play maps with senseless jumps and it's actually easier to control my mouse when I hit jumps. I'm not a great player at all, but I can still play with some degree of competence.

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, I honestly think that anything that makes the background less distracting should be housed within a difficulty reduction mod, because they make a map easier. I want to see excellent players manage to SS maps as they were originally intended.
hinamizawan
I always delete the BG, osu! should even have a No-SB and No-BG download option.
thelewa

makkura wrote:

I always delete the BG, osu! should even have a No-SB and No-BG download option.
lolno

you're silly
Tom69_old

thelewa wrote:

If this is actually going to be implemented I won't even be complaining inside my own head anymore.

Btw, accuracy doesn't suck per se if you practice only by trying to pass impossible maps. I did that, and it worked out pretty well... and fast. :)
(As long as you actually try to get a good accuracy. Even if one can't pass a map one should still always try to understand and hit the rythm perfectly.)
hinamizawan

thelewa wrote:

makkura wrote:

lolno

you're silly
what's so retarded about a no bg/sb option?
Frizz
About accuracy, I've been improving at it lately ever since I started playing HR. I tend to get >97% accuracy on easy Insanes and even >99% sometimes, usually maps with AR9 and OD7 though. I guess that's because I'm starting to get used to high OD, wonder if anyone experienced the same thing as me.
Topic Starter
TocoToucan

Aqo wrote:

Also, refer to my signature and try out all of the maps with "SP" in their 'style' on the listing, this will help you train spacing accuracy. If you couldn't pass a map on first try, use nofail on the second run, don't just retry a million times because that's just a waste of time. Play it once and move on to other maps, return to it much later once you got better.
I tried some beatmaps from your list and I failed them as fast as Sacrifice. Too fast for me :(
hinamizawan
Try to rankwhore, it will improve your skills a lot.
jesse1412

makkura wrote:

Try to rankwhore, it will improve your skills a lot.
Don't do this too much. It's how people get stuck on the easier insane maps, people start to believe because they are ranking maps they should be pro but the fact is they are simply playing easy to rank maps and not pushing themselves. It's good in moderation.
Milkshake

thelewa wrote:

makkura wrote:

lolno

you're silly
silmarilen
hi milbitch
WASSHOI
I was making good progress on my hards and feeling more like I was transitioning to insanes. Then I got a tablet today. I feel like I'm back to day 1 trying to get used to it, but I suppose that's to be expected. It's not like I'll be pro at using a tablet the day I take it out the box, I expected I'd take a while to adjust to it. But now I'm just practicing normals again to get used to the feel of a tablet and feelin like it's a step down.

Inspiration, anyone? How long did it take you to get used to the switch from mouse to tablet.
Wishy
1 day or 2 at most, worst possible scenario = a week or two.

Try playing maps that involve a lot of cursor movement, it should be quite fast, like you gonna see huge changes in a few hours. Use No Fail if necessary.
WASSHOI

Wishy22 wrote:

Try playing maps that involve a lot of cursor movement, it should be quite fast, like you gonna see huge changes in a few hours. Use No Fail if necessary.

Well I can say I see a noticeable improvement in how my tablet handles jumps and I'm slowly getting my accuracy back. I'll try moving to hards again in about an hour or so.

Edit - Also, how2spin faster with tablet? On Mouse I worked around a technique to spin pretty fast, tablet is going half the speed right now.
Sonez_old
Learned tablet by day 2.

Try to spin really small circles near the middle of the spinner.
Sorun

WASSHOI wrote:

I was making good progress on my hards and feeling more like I was transitioning to insanes. Then I got a tablet today. I feel like I'm back to day 1 trying to get used to it, but I suppose that's to be expected. It's not like I'll be pro at using a tablet the day I take it out the box, I expected I'd take a while to adjust to it. But now I'm just practicing normals again to get used to the feel of a tablet and feelin like it's a step down.

Inspiration, anyone? How long did it take you to get used to the switch from mouse to tablet.
Well it only took me a few hours before I started getting back up to the level of my mouse it just felt natural, insanes are somewhat easier, but I couldn't seem to hover or spin good with full area so I experimented with portion after a few days on full and did about 80% of the full area. Everything felt much more easier, spinning was consistent, I rarely dragged the tip, and jumps felt a lot more easier. Though everything felt perfect at portion I decided to go back to full since every comment I read says it's best to learn full area in the long run, even friends who use portion recommended I play full. So here I am today adjusted back to full area which felt extremely slow at the beginning, but i'm now used to it except for spinning, it's so damn slow.

Anyone have tips for hovering? Or is it the same ole practice makes perfect for me?

Oh and I got this tablet a few days ago from a friend, I did order a tablet from amazon, but it got stolen or tracking misplaced it idk haha. Thanks DNK777
Wishy

WASSHOI wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Well I can say I see a noticeable improvement in how my tablet handles jumps and I'm slowly getting my accuracy back. I'll try moving to hards again in about an hour or so.

Edit - Also, how2spin faster with tablet? On Mouse I worked around a technique to spin pretty fast, tablet is going half the speed right now.
You'll develop a technique, eventually, and easily spin over 400.
thelewa
Spinning with a tablet uses different muscles and that's why it takes time to get used to it for most people
kriers

thelewa wrote:

Spinning with a tablet uses different muscles and that's why it takes time to get used to it for most people
not really. I can spin 450+ with tablet. I just don't use a tablet.

U mad?
darkmiz
The real way to increase cursor precision:
mouse player: set DPI lower than 800, 6/11 and disable mouse precision in windows, and 1.0 in game.
tablet player: use full area (pen mode).
That's all.
Oh, and don't forget to delete dim the backgrounds while playing HR or HD.
CXu
To hell with full area.
-Athena-

darkmiz wrote:

The real way to increase cursor precision:
mouse player: set DPI lower than 800, 6/11 and disable mouse precision in windows, and 1.0 in game.
tablet player: use full area (pen mode).
That's all.
The truth.

I use 900 though, found it OK for me.

Unless you have a large screen, then you might need higher DPI.
Frizz
You guys really should try 400dpi, it's really great \o/
show more