forum

NOISIA - Groundhog (Beat Juggle) [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DesKurisu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 5:36:59 PM

Artist: NOISIA
Title: Groundhog (Beat Juggle)
Source: DJ Hero
Tags: scratch perverts
BPM: 135.33
Filesize: 6893kb
Play Time: 04:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. 10k MASTER - 10Key (6.46 stars, 3376 notes)
  2. 18K BEGINNER - 18Key (1.68 stars, 568 notes)
  3. 18k EXPERT - 18Key (2.93 stars, 328 notes)
  4. 18k MASTER - 18Key (6.15 stars, 3376 notes)
Download: NOISIA - Groundhog (Beat Juggle)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
So yeah I ended up making an 18k map lol
This is more like a training map for 10k players wanting to try 18k rather than an actual map tbh
Also because most of the patterns are copypasted and mirrored anyways
I definitely went a bit too overboard with the ending.
I made sure there will be no more than 6 simultaneous key presses to make things a bit fair for others with ghosting problems.

Difficulties
10k MASTER - Is actually 10k ver of 18k MASTER, really. Patterns are still the same, but in one layer this time. Might edit a bit to make it more interesting.

18k BEGINNER - Supposedly for beginners and not necessarily 10k beginners (since the first portion is almost like 10k lesson) but I'm beginning to suspect that this may not be so beginner-friendly. Will need input. Only contains few layer switches. (I'll explain layers at the box below)
18k EXPERT - do not disturb this difficulty yet. Unfinished.
18k MASTER - For people who is more than ready to get really good at 18k, even though we lack unironic 18k as of now. Will change that soon. Contains lots of fast layer switches, especially in the end.

How to play 18k (or more specifically this kind of 18k map)
This 18k is actually a bit more like two-layered 10k!
Keybinds:
Make it like playing 4k // 5k // 5k // 4k
the 4ks must be at the upper layer and 5k at the lower layer (like playing 10k but with extra 4 keys at the side of them)
Yes, this means that you will move your hands up and down only and your thumb will not need to move.
For example, my keybind is :
Q W E R // A S D F space // ralt ctrl P [ ] enter // - = backspace \
You don't need to use the exact keybind, just try to find one that's similar to it!
A clearer example is provided on my userpage in the keybinds section

Skin:
Make sure your 18k skin is divided like 4 / 5 / 5 / 4 too!
You may refer to this video if I'm unable to make you understand what to do (though the map in this video is 16k. Here's another video example!)
I use the wide skin shown in the video!

More maps like this:
Camellia - Routing by Nivrad00
The Koxx - A Fool Moon Night by Circusgalop (Contains more than 6 simultaneous key presses!)