forum

to tablet players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
amnty
i just bought me a tablet and im looking for insights on whether i should hover or drag. not rlly feeling comfortable either way so might as well know how yall play. replies would be appreciated
Kuroni
Hybrid for the most part
Dragging exclusively for sliders and streams
Tbh i don't even notice if i'm hovering or dragging while playing. Just play with it for a while until you feel comfortable with it.
big boob
I switched from hover to drag and was able to snap much faster and minimize shaking
Justified
Tried hovering, turns out I wasn't consistent enough so now I'm a full-time dragger
ADelicateOrange
Full-Drag from me, but it's all about finding the comfortable active area for you.
Vuelo Eluko
I have a relatively small area and I hover but I suck
fentanyl
I used to hover at first but found dragging overall more stable and easier to snap notes with
Marshmellow
Tap x eyyy
mon_
I'm still relatively new so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I think if you play with a large area you should hover and small area you should drag. Dragging is more accurate but due to friction it is slightly slower, so with a small area you can still move quickly while also having the accuracy from dragging. While if you prefer hovering, a small area can be very hard to play accurately with, so I think a larger area is better for hovering.
K i R a
hover is faster but more unstable, drag gets rid of the shake and is easier to snap but is slower, if you dont shake too much you should go for hover.

I'm a drag player, also look for a pen grip that suits you before you get used to the tablet
Ayayano
I use small area plus drag, If I wanted to go large area I’d hover. I find that this gives me a good combination of speed (from small area) and consistency/contol (from dragging)
Rikii
Dragging on relatively big area.
Small area gave me a lot of shitmisses and dragging feels more natural for me than hovering.
Topic Starter
amnty
after days of playing, dragging on a relatively small area seems to be the only option for me cause of my sweaty hands and needing to lay paper towels on the tablet, and also cause of my shaky aim :P.
its great to know how you all play!
Taaat
I used to hover but these days I drag, it's just a lot more consistent especially when having a small tablet area, where a single cm is equal to half ur screen.