forum

My 1st map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Brito64
anyone can help me?, i'm making my 1st map on osu and i need help
xenal
"Need help" is too undefined to provide answer, define what you seek more.
Topic Starter
Brito64

xenal wrote:

"Need help" is too undefined to provide answer, define what you seek more.

i need someone to test my map to see if i'm doing something right
lewski
tbh since it's your first map ever, just mapping more and trying all kinds of things will probably be more beneficial than any kind of feedback
Ginger Gum
If Your First Map Gets Negative Reviews,
Then Ask A Mod if There is Any Problem with Your map.
Then Fix The Problem They Said your Map Has and Then
On your Next Map, Don't do The Mistakes again.
raccoongamer

lewski wrote:

tbh since it's your first map ever, just mapping more and trying all kinds of things will probably be more beneficial than any kind of feedback

I’d object that, gaining tons of feedback on my first map gave me quite an understanding of what my weaknesses are, what concepts am I missing (and would continue to if not given feedback about it) and so on. Though I agree that even after partial remaps it would still be mediocre at least (unrankable for sure).

Yet probably OP approaches mapping too early; my advice is to keep playing to discover new patterns, concepts, etc. Mapping requires quite a bit of experience in the actual gameplay.
lewski

raccoongamer wrote:

things

When someone starts mapping they don't really have weaknesses cause they're bad at everything, so any worthwhile "feedback" will really just be an explanation of a few basic mapping concepts. It can also be hard to understand what the other person is talking about since everything's new.

raccoongamer wrote:

OP approaches mapping too early

gonna have to disagree on this one; if you can play a difficulty level somewhat decently, you'll be able to test any maps of that level that you make and see what works and what doesn't