forum

Skrillex - Kyoto (feat. Sirah) [Osu|Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
lepidopodus
Back from my holiday. I listened the music and checked the drum beats, and agreed with BPM 87.5.

BPM & SV were fixed already. I fixed kiais too since Taiko guideline is against at frequent kiai flashes and I don't want more fuzzes about those things.

Taiko Muz.:
00:29:849 (13) - 12 to don.
00:40:820 (14) - 13 to don.
02:28:649 - Hmm, following vocal now, so no change for this. (Well actullay I can hear some kind of breath sound in there, though.)

Taiko map update: http://puu.sh/1aHki http://puu.sh/1aHkx
Ulysses

lolcubes wrote:

Fair enough. You will have to find another person to rebubble this then though.
No hard feelings but I don't want to approve of something I strongly disagree with.
Good luck.
Then you should not pop it.
Topic Starter
Frozen Child
^
lolcubes

nold_1702 wrote:

Then you should not pop it.
Before you tell me what I should or shouldn't do, keep in mind that I was asked to mod this. Certain issues, which most of them are fixed now, were warranting a pop regardless. You have to understand that.

It's not like I will prevent you guys from ranking this mapset, I simply say that unless those certain notes are snapped to the correct ticks (which are now 1/8) I am unable to act further because I strongly disagree with that. I was asked to recheck this which I accepted however I cannot rebubble this until that gets done. Which is why I left my message earlier which says that you are free to ask other people for a rebubble and further modding. I'll write what I find on my recheck a bit later after I get some sleep though.
Mismagius
Então um cara tenta te ajudar fazendo seu mapa melhor depois de vc tanto encher o saco de BATs e essa é sua recepção.

Bela atitude.
Ulysses

It is grateful to see an Alumni and a BAT undertake their responsibilities.
But first of all , may you(cubes) please point out which 1/8 object(s) isn't acceptable in your mind and the mapper himself(herself) should try to ask around and you too.

And please note why you extremely disagree with that object in great details.Not just sitting here and shouting out fair enough balabala to show you were not willing to reBub this shit unless the mapper fixed it.

As a BAT,you have to try to solve the problem and help the mapper understanding your viewpoint.

And finally regret for my ultra broken English.ww

Looking forward to seeing this map gets rebub and cubes unfastens his ball which the mapper gave.
Sakura
He already did, like several posts ago, the mapper rejected the changes, and lolcubes doesn't agree with the mapset as it is, which means he's under no obligation to return the bubble because the mapper refused to fix the stuff that needs to be fixed.

He already said, he won't be rebubbling the map unless said stuff is changed but he wont stalk the map until death so the mapper has to either A) Give up and fix the stuff lolcubes pointed out or B) Seek out another team member to get their bubble restored.

However I listened to this song and this song really has no 1/3s anywhere, so if it really has 1/3s this map is unrankable as it's using the wrong snap.
Ulysses

Sakura wrote:

However I listened to this song and this song really has no 1/3s anywhere, so if it really has 1/3s this map is unrankable as it's using the wrong snap.
So,you should get a treatment for you ears.
Charles445

nold_1702 wrote:

So,you should get a treatment for you ears.
I had a listen and it's actually 1/8. lolcubes and Sakura are right.

In most cases this would be unrankable. The only thing that's potentially helping it be rankable is the fact that the player isn't required to recognize the beat of the sliders (only the beginning matters)
I see what you're getting at in the map with the 1/3 sliders, but it just sounds off. The music doesn't have that beat.

Personally I think you should switch the beat to 1/8, it'd be better overall. I am not sure whether you really need to or not, since the only gameplay it changes is in Taiko.
Ephemeral
glaoch cearc bó dubh caorach agus deir an feirmeoir cearc leis an caladh nay, ní féidir liom logh mo shinsir don breacshaolacha atá caite

i saw BD doing it so i figure i'd do it as well!

sillydicks aside, if there's no solid technical reasoning for the peculiar snap, and if it does really influence how taiko or other gamemodes are played (check osu!mania out, i bet it stings there quite a lot), then it really needs to be addressed before the map can be ranked
Mismagius

nold_1702 wrote:

It is grateful to see an Alumni and a BAT undertake their responsibilities.
1. I don't have any responsibilities here, the mapper is the one to blame because he's supposed to make a rankable-level map and not put his own rules on things.
La Cataline
Ok, any rankable ideas of what to put instead that don't play worse than those sliders, anyone?
La Cataline
Blue dragon is off topic, huehuehue (sorry for double posting, can't edit my post >:)

Forget it, turns out I can. Sorry guys \:D/

EDIT: So I think I should add something that makes sense. The thing that taiko players still have to hit 1/3 ruins my entire reasoning soooo... I have to fix this shit anyway.

I see no need to attack cubes for popping the bubble, he didn't try to enforce anything without a decent explanation which, by the way, popped up a bit later.
A honourable retreat in fact!
awp
This came to my attention so I figured I'd make a rare appearance. For those people talking about the 1/3 snapping:

Sliders, such as 01:31:049 (2) on "Vass-RJ" are objectively snapped wrong. This isn't a question of how good your ears are, it is literally about the composition.

A triplet of eighth notes (what was mapped) is not the same as an eighth followed by two sixteenths (what was composed)

To express it in crudely drawn sheet-music notation:

Please do not attack people who are trying to offer help especially when they're right. You can express your opinion/interpretation: "I don't think that sounds right" but insulting someone to 'prove' a 'point' is dickish: "get your ears checked/fixed"
Bass

lolwhat
Topic Starter
Frozen Child
fixed.
lolcubes
Recheck.

[Frozen-LC]
01:04:649 - Here you don't have a break, but you do have it just before the next chorus. To keep it consistent, add a break here.
01:31:049 (2) - Still incorrectly snapped. :<
02:10:477 - Would suggest adding a break here, since the pauses of a full half a measure had (or should have had) breaks before.
02:32:420 - ^
Well to be honest, I am fine if you don't even have breaks on those spots, just make it consistent, which means either add them to those spots, or remove it from 01:48:534. I'd probably go with removing them myself.

[Vass-RJ]
HPdrain +1? 4 seems low.
02:54:363 (1) - I would say you are missing a finish here.
Same thing about breaks, either use them, or don't use them. :P

[Normal]
02:05:163 (3) - I believe you should have a whistle on the slider body as well.
02:12:534 - I believe this should be a soft clap rather than a normal clap.
02:34:477 - You have 75% volume here when you used 55% for the whole section kinda, use 55% here too? (same goes for the 65% volume that's right after it)

[Easy]
00:04:992 (3) - Missing a clap.
02:11:849 (1) - Should have a soft clap at the end rather than normal imo.
02:19:734 (1) - You don't have this finish in your normal, consider removing it since it's offbeat.
02:34:477 - This and the next timing section should be 55% volume if you ask me. Same deal like in normal pretty much.

That's all. In hard and insane check how you want to sort your short breaks, I mean either add them everywhere or remove them from 01:48:534.
Topic Starter
Frozen Child

lolcubes wrote:

Recheck.

[Frozen-LC]
01:04:649 - Here you don't have a break, but you do have it just before the next chorus. To keep it consistent, add a break here. fixed
01:31:049 (2) - Still incorrectly snapped. :<fixed
02:10:477 - Would suggest adding a break here, since the pauses of a full half a measure had (or should have had) breaks before.fixed
02:32:420 - ^ fixed
Well to be honest, I am fine if you don't even have breaks on those spots, just make it consistent, which means either add them to those spots, or remove it from 01:48:534. I'd probably go with removing them myself. fixed

[Vass-RJ]
HPdrain +1? 4 seems low. fixed
02:54:363 (1) - I would say you are missing a finish here.fixed
Same thing about breaks, either use them, or don't use them. :Pfixed

[Normal]
02:05:163 (3) - I believe you should have a whistle on the slider body as well.fixed
02:12:534 - I believe this should be a soft clap rather than a normal clap.fixed
02:34:477 - You have 75% volume here when you used 55% for the whole section kinda, use 55% here too? (same goes for the 65% volume that's right after it)fixed

[Easy]
00:04:992 (3) - Missing a clap.fixed
02:11:849 (1) - Should have a soft clap at the end rather than normal imo.fixed
02:19:734 (1) - You don't have this finish in your normal, consider removing it since it's offbeat.fixed
02:34:477 - This and the next timing section should be 55% volume if you ask me. Same deal like in normal pretty much.fixed

That's all. In hard and insane check how you want to sort your short breaks, I mean either add them everywhere or remove them from 01:48:534.
fixed, so that's all fixed.
lolcubes
Eh, you removed the break at 01:48:534 now, and you added them everywhere else. Since you have breaks everywhere else now, add it here too. :P

[Easy]
02:34:820 - 55% volume please.

Fix and I rebubble.
Topic Starter
Frozen Child

lolcubes wrote:

Eh, you removed the break at 01:48:534 now, and you added them everywhere else. Since you have breaks everywhere else now, add it here too. :P

[Easy]
02:34:820 - 55% volume please.

Fix and I rebubble.
Ill do it after school
And search for a bat again :(
Topic Starter
Frozen Child
Fixed.
lolcubes
This works.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Frozen Child

lolcubes wrote:

This works.
Good luck!

Thank you
MMzz
Ranked~
Birdy
obligatory 2 Kyoto's per week

gratz btw
Verdisphena
omg <3 grats :D/
Chewin
Oh good job :3
spboxer3
o/
congratz
Mercurial
Finally.
Mismagius
I keep thinking RJ is RandomJibberish
Topic Starter
Frozen Child
Thank you guys,

RJ is Reiji :c

i don't know random bla bla bla
-zer0-_old
good song 8-) 8-) is a crazy
Nuttasha
yay another kyoto.
thanks for the map :D
Ulysses
finally,Congrats
GamerX4life
Congratz! :)
Frizz
Awesome, another Kyoto. And this one is on LC \:D/
Topic Starter
Frozen Child
Yay :D
GladiOol
La Cataline, you are god.
pimp
parabens pelo ranking :)
xerapid
Is it just me or does the notes not match the beat of the song.?
show more